The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Idea] Game Mode - Ambush!

By on January 30, 2009 2:47:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Game mode: Ambush/Mutiny Mode

Description: A mode where hordes/waves of creeps who have started to think as individuals, decide to fight against the demigods themselves instead of doing their dirty work. As each wave goes by, they get harder and harder and more come out at a time. In this mode itll just be about survival with the exception of buying limited potions per wave or being rewarded potions at the end of a wave, the rest is up to your skill. The game will end after a certain amount of waves.

It wont only be a single player mode, but the more people you take with you, the difficulty increases.

This mode could even use a player ranking ladder, which would be a good extra feature and may even be something that players may set a goal for themselves. "Who is the best survivor!" or "...surviving team!".

Why this mode might be good:

- Ranking is a good feature to get players to strive to become no.1 (show off skill)

- Takes you away from the Demigod vs Demigod action

- Gives people the thrill of being able to take on so many enemies at a time (for the start anyway)

Why it might not be good:

- MAYBE Generals may have trouble in this mode??

What are your thoughts??

Type "/signed" if in favor of this idea, PLUS anything else ull like to add

+32 Karma | 67 Replies
April 20, 2009 5:42:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

But this game mode, I think, was supposed to be more of a relaxed PvE mode. You know, when you want a break from the PvP team v team game.

April 20, 2009 9:54:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great idea, mabye some custom maps to go with it?         
a circle arena with four gated pathways that open up? start with one pathway then level 10 wave two paths are open etc. ?

all the dg's should be available so you can challenge yourself. One tanks while friend runs around healing etc

limit it to 4 players

have modes such as team kill count with two teams of two fighting for kills ? or competitive solo who ever gets more wins,

amounts of enemys scale with players like diablo.

eventually waves coming from all four sides of map ?woo woo

/signed 

April 20, 2009 11:03:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

gkrit! Wanna team up?

As you've probably noticed I've also set out a thread about 3 additional game modes that I was planning on making the moment the forge tools are available to us modders!

So if ever you're interested, we could work as a team and design the modes!

-ShadowMastiff2468-

April 20, 2009 11:52:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I used to make these types of maps for Wc3 and Supcom, we played them a lot so its a good idea,  I'm a bit worried about the modding ability of Demigod though, so it might be a bit restrictive.

Is there any information on this yet?

In theory it's the supcom engine so it should be possible, does demigod use LUA as well?

April 21, 2009 12:03:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

/signed

love the idea... been thinking of similar things myself since i played the game.  like many people have said lots of balancing would be needed, for example u'd have to up the money gained from creeps or u'd never get anything.  one suggestion for th AoE vs Lv'ing would be to simply vary the creeps coming through the portal... like most WC3 customs have things like invis and flying units every X waves.  only diffrence is that instead of flying unites every 4 lv's it would be a sugnificuntly stronger unit (but only 1 or 2)... and instead of invis it would be a giant wave of tiny creeps that on AoE can smash in one hit

also don't forget that most items can either mimic a cleave attack or an AoE spell.  so this might not even be needed.

April 21, 2009 12:10:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree, there are maps like this in SC and WCIII, all of which are hysterically fun.  There's something awesome about slowly being overpowered, barely scraping through each wave, knowing the next will be harder.

I really hope they add this as a co-op alternative to always playing competitively.

April 21, 2009 2:17:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hero line wars huh.

April 21, 2009 2:31:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The Strength of desperation!!! BRING IT ON!

April 21, 2009 9:49:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Heavenfall,
Honestly, I love these kinds of maps, always played them loads in starcraft and warcraft (I think blizzard even did a zerg vs terran map like this in wc3).

I doubt generals would have trouble in particular, since they have all their minions to help suck up the incoming damage.

This would definately be something I would love to see in a mod.

Zerg and terran were in WC3?  Holy crap I must be missing an expand!

April 21, 2009 10:08:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ShadowMastiff2468,
gkrit! Wanna team up?

As you've probably noticed I've also set out a thread about 3 additional game modes that I was planning on making the moment the forge tools are available to us modders!

So if ever you're interested, we could work as a team and design the modes!

-ShadowMastiff2468-

You know what, that sounds like fun but ive never modded a game before, so basically i have no idea what it involves. And just so you know, i don't actually have the game yet and ITS KILLING ME!!! (hopefully ill be able to get it on the 7th of next month).

but if modding isnt hard and doesnt take much to get the hang of things send me a prvate message! I wouldnt mind finding out how it works.

anyway, thx to all who are in favor of this mode! (btw, not one person whos posted here, hasnt been in favor of this).

April 21, 2009 10:14:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well I don't know how Demigods modding will work but if it's based on the Sins of a Solar Empire modding interface (.entity and such (files which you can open and edit in notepad) then this will be EASY AS PIE!

So sure! take your time to get the game (it'll be a while till the updates come out!) but the moment they do...WHAM! We'll have 7+ modes to create He He (for other modes see other thread "New game modes for Demigod").

Cheers!

-Justin S.-

April 24, 2009 4:58:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lets try make this a hot topic anyway. i have a feeling itll grab more attention if it reaches that stage

April 24, 2009 11:55:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This would rock! But I don't think it should count on the same ladder as the other gamemodes

April 24, 2009 1:25:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

HOT HOT HOT TOPIC ON ITS WAY!

April 24, 2009 2:20:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

One hot thing

and one thing from a hot place. Is that helping?

April 24, 2009 3:19:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Technically, yes, ToxDrawace, it is helping.  The issue with this game style is that it would require its own maps, as would something like an Assault-type game play, and that makes it harder to implement.

Also, you cant have recharge crystals -- OR you could only have them active inbetween waves or that would make gettin through things way too easy, since you essentially never leave town in a survival map (why would you?).

This makes it harder to implement but not impossible.  Unfortunately there's no map maker with the game -- hopefully they'll release this soon as it then wouldn't be very hard at all to put together.

April 24, 2009 3:40:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Actually, from what I hear, it costs ooooooooodles of ca$h to make the demigod maps, but if somehow they can make a map maker/editor that would make this problem a lot less of a problem.

April 24, 2009 4:54:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting comanoodle,
But this game mode, I think, was supposed to be more of a relaxed PvE mode. You know, when you want a break from the PvP team v team game.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. This sounds more like a fun diversion from the main game mode rather than something that can really be considered another full-fledged mode of play.

This could possibly be something that the community could develop, provided that a full suite of customization tools is eventually released.

Don't get me wrong though; it sounds like it would be fun.

April 24, 2009 5:42:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Guys how about we startan OFFICIAL thread..neatly structures and all in whic we put all the modes we want!

It would include:

Mode name:

Overview: (what gameplay it brings)

Suited For:

Map Preview:

Tips and comments on the mode:

You know to get everything organised..

And we could have a table of contents and all!

Example:

Mode 1: Ambush

Mode 2: Assault

Mode 3: ...

with a hyerlink linking to lowr down the thread to the moe in question....

get the idea???

I'm getting confused +_+

April 28, 2009 4:46:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

wow .. off topic for a sec ... i posted something here yesterday and a couple of others at other threads, but they havent actually been posted. connectivity fault maybe?

anyway ... ive checked ur thread shadowmastiff.. it got a good response.

and as for everyone here, THX for all the enthusiasm in the idea. keep it up

April 28, 2009 10:31:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This sounds cool. Sort of like ENFO's Team Survival maps for WC3

April 28, 2009 1:16:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sweet! LETS ROLL!

Also so happy connectivity is working full scale now! Got 2 games in less than 5 mins w8 each . Just the way its ment to be played

April 28, 2009 2:58:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

aaaahhh yyeeeaaahhh! Full-on DPS!

April 28, 2009 3:03:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ultroman,
This sounds cool. Sort of like ENFO's Team Survival maps for WC3

That's exactly what I was thinking. I totally play that all the time, even just 1 player for kicks. (Hero Builder)

April 29, 2009 3:03:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, same here. I love ENFOs. I'ts also a great teambased map that one can chill out while playing, but also has stressful moments if you screw up

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000218   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.