The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Idea] Game Mode - Ambush!

By on January 30, 2009 2:47:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Game mode: Ambush/Mutiny Mode

Description: A mode where hordes/waves of creeps who have started to think as individuals, decide to fight against the demigods themselves instead of doing their dirty work. As each wave goes by, they get harder and harder and more come out at a time. In this mode itll just be about survival with the exception of buying limited potions per wave or being rewarded potions at the end of a wave, the rest is up to your skill. The game will end after a certain amount of waves.

It wont only be a single player mode, but the more people you take with you, the difficulty increases.

This mode could even use a player ranking ladder, which would be a good extra feature and may even be something that players may set a goal for themselves. "Who is the best survivor!" or "...surviving team!".

Why this mode might be good:

- Ranking is a good feature to get players to strive to become no.1 (show off skill)

- Takes you away from the Demigod vs Demigod action

- Gives people the thrill of being able to take on so many enemies at a time (for the start anyway)

Why it might not be good:

- MAYBE Generals may have trouble in this mode??

What are your thoughts??

Type "/signed" if in favor of this idea, PLUS anything else ull like to add

+32 Karma | 67 Replies
April 29, 2009 8:06:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

/signed

great idea. I myself dislike playing against humans (I always lose) and the AI demigods are either to weak or cheat

May 4, 2009 4:48:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sounds like they are on it, read this last page of the interview:

http://www.crispygamer.com/columns/2009-04-28/rush-boom-turtle-the-man-behind-the-demigods-of-demigod-9.aspx

Marr: So you would load up a game and you'd only be able to play one side, Forces of Light or Forces of Darkness. 

Chick: Oh, wait, like a Horde mode? Like from Gears of War 2? It's just spawning waves of reinforcements and you live as long as you can? 

Marr: Yes. Exactly. 

Chick: Oh, that's great. You guys should get on that. I love that idea. 

May 4, 2009 5:45:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In this mode itll just be about survival with the exception of buying limited potions per wave or being rewarded potions at the end of a wave, the rest is up to your skill.

I dont think theres a whole lot of skill involved in hitting whichever hot key is the AOE spell for your demigod. Even during late game all reinforcements die in 1 AOE atack.

May 4, 2009 5:57:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Tenk51,

quoting post

In this mode itll just be about survival with the exception of buying limited potions per wave or being rewarded potions at the end of a wave, the rest is up to your skill.

I dont think theres a whole lot of skill involved in hitting whichever hot key is the AOE spell for your demigod. Even during late game all reinforcements die in 1 AOE atack.

I think they would beef up the reinforcements more

May 7, 2009 4:12:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

oooo very nice ... just scimmed through that interview and it sounds like it IS going ahead. and arent i glad they have considered to implement such a mode. they can only 'gain' by adding more modes anyway.

July 17, 2009 4:08:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thought i might bump this, since there r other game modes here.

July 17, 2009 2:16:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This would get boring really fast in Demigod.

In Warcraft 3, there was a virtually unlimited number of creeps, each customizable with their own skills, damage types, abilities, stats, etc. So things like tower defense or hero defense were really fun - you were defending against different creeps each wave.

How will it work in Demigod? First wave is 5 soldiers, second wave is 5 soldiers 5 arches, third wave is 8 soldiers 5 archers 2 priests, etc.? That's not very interesting, or fun.

July 29, 2009 11:01:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

- Yes, there are fewer models in demigod as a whole

- Until we see how the mods are implemented in action we can't say how fun it will be to play. We don't know what can and can't be done yet. The benefit of the wc/sc mapmaker was that it allowed for practically endless variations. The less limitations mods have, the more crazy (=fun) things can be done. A deciding factor ofc will be if demigod models can be used as creep models. Imagine a horde of UBs or tiny rooks coming at ya, lead by a giant giant.

July 29, 2009 1:38:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Heavenfall,
Until we see how the mods are implemented in action we can't say how fun it will be to play..

We could all donate to TheScottishAlien to make it awesome

July 29, 2009 1:45:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like this idea. There can be boss waves, or just boss creeps like Giants and such. Think of having to take down a giant with 5x stats, hehe.

As far as creeps, you can include DG models, creep models, and minion models. Attack of the 20 mini-Rooks!

And everything is adjustable or changable so you can have angels that heal or slow you, shamblers that silence you, night walkers that poison you, etc. Also the creeps could be given damage reduction at certain levels and/or armor. So suddenly your 2k Fire ring is only doing 1k damage to the 5k-8k creeps that are spawning.

It would need a few extra game options though like wave interval, # per wave, creep strength, exp rate, and gold rate.

July 29, 2009 2:11:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think the idea is great and I'd definately like to play it. I can't see it being implemented by GPG though.

Hopefully the mod tools will allow us to do something like this.

August 6, 2009 5:53:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Really like this idea. It was super fun in supreme commander. like regibond said You could probably pretty easily add demigods in but change their overall color or size and stats and make them into an enemy unit.

August 6, 2009 9:36:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeh .. there would need to be something like a demi power coming from each wave so make things a lil more challenging. but keep the ideas flowing..

August 7, 2009 11:44:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Game mode: Ambush/Mutiny Mode

Description: A mode where hordes/waves of creeps who have started to think as individuals, decide to fight against the demigods themselves instead of doing their dirty work. As each wave goes by, they get harder and harder and more come out at a time. In this mode itll just be about survival with the exception of buying limited potions per wave or being rewarded potions at the end of a wave, the rest is up to your skill. The game will end after a certain amount of waves.

It wont only be a single player mode, but the more people you take with you, the difficulty increases.

This mode could even use a player ranking ladder, which would be a good extra feature and may even be something that players may set a goal for themselves. "Who is the best survivor!" or "...surviving team!".

Why this mode might be good:

- Ranking is a good feature to get players to strive to become no.1 (show off skill)

- Takes you away from the Demigod vs Demigod action

- Gives people the thrill of being able to take on so many enemies at a time (for the start anyway)

Why it might not be good:

- MAYBE Generals may have trouble in this mode??

What are your thoughts??

Type "/signed" if in favor of this idea, PLUS anything else ull like to add

Listen. Someone knows the WC3 mod "Enfos Team Survival" ? Do it like this. Two teams, which team survives longer, and enable special spells to damage the other team or help ur own team.

August 7, 2009 2:15:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Awesome idea, Demigod would be perfect for that. Something like this should be amongst the first mods. Balancing would be hard though (AoE would be unbeatable, unless it was too mana intensive, etc.).

Using Cataract with only 1 Citadel and 4 portals on the opposite side and implementing random turns for the waves at the crossovers would perhaps be an easy map to implement in this mod.

October 5, 2009 9:02:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol i just read this post just now but its a great idea gkrit:) and i for one say "signed" unlike u meanies who just sayin crap instead of SIGNING!!!!!!!

October 6, 2009 4:29:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

LOL ... ty unclean

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.