The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Conquest Public Beta has started!

By on December 5, 2008 6:05:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

0 Karma | 13 Replies
December 8, 2008 9:22:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm, sorry but the name Conquest is already taken by an awesome game called Conquest Frontier Wars.  The best/oldest (sorta) space game around!!!  Won't get my vote (or money)....

December 9, 2008 8:42:46 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Phalnax811,
I'm, sorry but the name Conquest is already taken by an awesome game called Conquest Frontier Wars.  The best/oldest (sorta) space game around!!!  Won't get my vote (or money)....

"Already structure is there!"

December 9, 2008 8:49:42 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I consider posters that only create a account to post advertisments for other games to be spammers.

And I hate spam (though that doesn't make me a vegetarian ).

So, be reported! (If the report button would work for me...)

December 9, 2008 9:55:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Damn you. For a second I got my hopes up and thought they'd finish Conquest 2 or make a new one. Reply #1 is right. The name Conquest is already taken, by the best 2 axis RTS of the old generation.

Incidentally, for all people that want a real Conquest fix - the files for the alpha version of Conquest 2 are floating around on the net (legally) - I recommend trying it.

December 9, 2008 8:49:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thank you very much DatonKallandor...I'll never get rid of that game nor support anything that takes its name...sorry.

December 9, 2008 9:22:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, Conquest Frontier Wars rocked. It was almost as good as Starcraft

Plus, this game has a grand total of 3 units, and when I tried to play online there were 2 players in the game...

That was it. I waited in the lobby for about 20 minutes, but no dice for a third player

Not looking that successful so far

December 9, 2008 9:47:14 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Damn. All I read of the thread title was "Public Beta" and thought it was for Sins...

December 11, 2008 1:55:10 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

That power armour is almost a direct balance between Starcraft Marine armour and 40k Space Marine armour.

December 11, 2008 6:38:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yeah that armor is becoming pretty standard nowadays in games and stories...

December 15, 2008 9:21:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is just an indie student game project.

Quoting Phalnax811,
Plus, this game has a grand total of 3 units, and when I tried to play online there were 2 players in the game...

That was it. I waited in the lobby for about 20 minutes, but no dice for a third player

Not looking that successful so far

There is no "we steals your moneys involved" and it will be free for a long time (at the very least). I haven't seen such a fast TBS game you can even play competitively before, and some people enjoy it quite a bit, so it's there if anyone wants to play it. There aren't many people playing it atm so it's best if one brings a friend to play against.

Quoting Vandenburg,
I consider posters that only create a account to post advertisments for other games to be spammers.

It does look a lot like just another ad, but we're two guys who work on the game in our free time, so we don't have much time to get personal every time we try to tell people about our game. Also, this was not my first post on these forums.

Quoting Phalnax811,

I've played CFW and was a big fan of it back in the days. It never got the credit it deserved, but it is not the only game out there with Conquest in its title and we did by no means try to "steal" it. If you had bothered to try the game or know anything more about it before judging you'd know why it's called like that.

December 15, 2008 4:40:28 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

the armour on those pics looks so bland and boring.  I went to their website, and found out that it is a hex based TBS.  The only problem is...having TBS games move on from hex based already.  Even if not, at least make it look 3D. 

December 15, 2008 5:14:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Hex TBS - they just need to go with the times visually, without loosing their complexity. (see Fantasy Wars for an almost perfect remake of one of the great SSI games)

December 15, 2008 6:21:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is very different than your usual TBS game. There is no hundred units or any building whatsoever. It's designed to be a fast (an avarage match takes 30 mins) competitive multiplayer game.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000235   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.