The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Generals

By on October 21, 2008 7:59:37 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Draginol

Join Date 03/2001
+102

Right now GPG is in the process of implementing generals.  Before I spoil it and tell you how they work it would be cool to hear HOW you guys think they should work?

Now, bear in mind, there's balancing and scope involved here. While on paper having assassins play like they do now and have generals play like a Supreme Commander style RTS might sound good, that would be impossible to balance and probably not very fun in practice.

So what would you guys like to see? After enough comments, we'll talk about how we're doing it and then see what tweaks we can make based on your feedback.

Locked Post 120 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 21, 2008 8:13:51 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Well, initially Demigod was described as playing Assassins would be more RPG-ish, controlling a single character. Playing Generals would be more RTS-ish, controlling the general's creeps. So, that's primarily what I'd like to see. Ultimately, playing a General who can't  control his minions "somehow" is really no different than playing an Assassin. Sure, you'll probably have lower damage output and different skill focus to complement your minions that would in theory be following you, but that's still just some extra creeps on the battlefield. Giving Generals the ability to control their own minions, along with making those minions substantially more powerful than normal creeps would be my preferred implementation. How that control is done is the tricky part. As you said, the standard RTS method of point and click will be very difficult. But what about at least generic AI commands? "Attack my target", "Protect my target", "Follow", "Guard me", "Patrol this area", that kind of thing? It would be much easier to manage I think, you would just need to add an extra UI bar for the minion commands when a General is played and make the minion AI respond to commands..

How cool would it be if you could order your minions to go help out a teammate, while leaving yourself unprotected to capture a flag away from battle? This would open up great tactical options as well. If the enemy sees minions in battle but no General, finding and killing that unprotected General becomes pretty tempting!

October 21, 2008 8:50:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, That could work. I figured the general could slap down a creep spawning building as an ability (perhaps you get more buildings or creeps spawning from them as you level up) and it would spawn creeps every now and then. The creeps would come in, say squads (dawn of war style) for lesser creeps, and you give the squad / control group an order instead on individually. This allows for some micro, but not enough to overwhelm new people. You could choose what creep type spawned from a building in a similar method to picking items. (different creeps have different spawn times).

This way if you go for the generals creep spawner, he's in a lot of trouble. Also, if he keeps it at the base, then the creeps spend ages getting there (he might also have to be near it to pick a new creep type) So it opens new possibilities for cutting legs out from under them, but also gives the generals the choice of keeping it safe but slow or unsafe and fast.

October 21, 2008 9:23:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Key general functions I would like to see:

1. the ability to control the type of creeps that get spawned

2. spawn squads of creeps or have an ability to easily control groups of creeps rather than an individual creep click fest

3. issue orders to creeps such as protect target, protect me, follow me, guard area.

4. way points

5. basic creep formations (horde, line, wedge)

6. spawn target area (assign a location or locations where spawned creeps will initially travel to)

October 21, 2008 9:29:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would really like to see the generals have TOTAL control over there minions. I don't want my creeps mindlessly running around like the AI controlled creeps. I want to point and click where I want them to go, who I want them to attack etc..... I would also love the creeps to have the feature of being healed at the healing stone. Generals should have buffing and debuffing abilities that work on there minions and the creeps that spawn from the portals. I don't know how balanced a buff would be if they buff other demigods. For example 4 general demigods all buffing each other in a 4v4 game unstoppable? I think generals should either be able to produce there minions at a building or portal. If this is not the case then I believe that there should be a number of creeps that is with you all the time and that respawn after they have been killed like demigods do. Kind of like a penalty of dying like demigods or a recharge time like the mana bar. The creeps would then level up with you or you would get more creeps as you level up for example: 3 at level 1, 4 at level 2, and so on.....  That is all for now.

October 21, 2008 9:56:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think the General MUST have control over its creeps, but I think that having a squad is a great alternative to sending out individual units. My initial idea about the general was actually that the general never left the base, but sent out creeps. While his creeps were sent out, they'd gain the xp for him, and while the general can't die, having all his minions dead would stop him from recieving gold/xp. If the creeps were sent out as a squad, then when the squad dies, the killer could recieve the last hit and get the gold as if killing a demigod. I realize that this is probably very different from what a lot of other people had in mind, but I thought it was an idea worth considering.

October 21, 2008 10:03:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Annatar11,
Well, initially Demigod was described as playing Assassins would be more RPG-ish, controlling a single character. Playing Generals would be more RTS-ish, controlling the general's creeps. So, that's primarily what I'd like to see. Ultimately, playing a General who can't  control his minions "somehow" is really no different than playing an Assassin. Sure, you'll probably have lower damage output and different skill focus to complement your minions that would in theory be following you, but that's still just some extra creeps on the battlefield. Giving Generals the ability to control their own minions, along with making those minions substantially more powerful than normal creeps would be my preferred implementation. How that control is done is the tricky part. As you said, the standard RTS method of point and click will be very difficult. But what about at least generic AI commands? "Attack my target", "Protect my target", "Follow", "Guard me", "Patrol this area", that kind of thing? It would be much easier to manage I think, you would just need to add an extra UI bar for the minion commands when a General is played and make the minion AI respond to commands..

How cool would it be if you could order your minions to go help out a teammate, while leaving yourself unprotected to capture a flag away from battle? This would open up great tactical options as well. If the enemy sees minions in battle but no General, finding and killing that unprotected General becomes pretty tempting!

That is exactly what I would like to see.  I DON'T want total control of the minions.  I don't want to be stuck mico-managing them.

I would also like to be able to set a retreate point for minions so when they are getting thier ass kicked they will turn and run to that point (That is guarded by my ranged creeps Ambush!).

Sammual

October 21, 2008 10:36:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In my opinion, Generals should:

1)  Be able to choose from at least 2 types of units for guard creep.  Maybe a heavy group and a light group, a ranged mag or an archer.  The combos could be different based on the general if you like or vary depending on your baracks upgrade status (see below).  This group can be all  one type or mixed as you choose to suit your strategy.  For example you could have all healer or 6 archers and 2 healers.  You choose for your needs.

2)  Base building that can be upgraded.  So generals will be able to upgrade their barracks for better units or upgrades to existing units.  They should also get a reduction in upgrade costs to things like the stronghold and portal creep escalation.

3)  A super power (weapon) or super unit.  Assassin demigods get a lot of COOL stuff, so should generals.  Give them either a huge super power with a long cooldown or a super unit that can only be built at large cost and only one on the battlefield at a time.

4)  Standard point click interface with complete RTS control.  Just like a demigod can be commanded, the guard creep should be directly controllable.  If you want them on hotkeys so all archer do this, all heavy "tank" units do this, or all units do this, that is fine, but point and click is essential.  The essential include:  Go here, attack here, and waypoints.

5)  Buffs that enhance his force and entice the general to go out into the battlefield.  This does two important things, it keeps the focus on the demigod in the action and it tempts the general to get in the action even though it can cost him his life.  With out proximity buffs, I will leave my general in the base and have him fight from their.

6)  Ability to withdraw and heal units.  Some of us care about unit losses and hate playing games that don't give us the choose to save units.  If the assassins can go to the stone to heal, then the guard creep should be able to move to the stone or the barracks for health regen.

7)  Strong enough units to take out an assassin demigod.  If the units aren't strong enough to take out assassins, there will be no point to the general.  There damage should be on par with 2-4 giants and 2-4 catapultasauruses in mid-late game.

So far this game is very cool and I am really looking forward to it, but I bought the game for generals.  Please make generals as cool as you made the assassins; as epic and unique; give them that "wow, that's perfect polish" that you seem to have with the assassins and all will be fine.  Don't worry if you don't, we'll bitch at you until you tell us why you can't or change it.  JK.  Thanks.

October 21, 2008 10:58:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

so mostly we see tis going into a semi-Overlord type game (if youve played it, and love it)

Overlord has minions fallow you, you say "go here" and they go, if theres an enemy, they attack it, if an object they take it, and there are little marks used that they sit at, but of course you get a bit more control like other people say, Overlord was only a comparision

for me? I would like to see the generals be able to build small bases:

-They create a building that spawns certain minions of theres ( or you buy it, like an RTS) this also effects your gold, but heres another...

- ability to summon a small gold mine (lets say only one), this allows generals to get more gold for his minions, while able to get items. OR we can just skip this and have the generals have to pick between items or better units.

-have a small tower (smaller then a light or archer tower) basically just there to guard the 'base'

-ability to summon a shop anywhere that has certain items for demigods (maybe some consumables, some gloves, and something else) this allows other demigods to stay in the field longer

Generals should be GENERALS, so dont have like, um, small # of units, only 10 yetis? (or whatever the achievement was) I want a damn army!

I also think Generals should have different minions they can get, so...

Vampire Lord: Zombies, Skeletons, Bats, evil things

QoT: Shamblers, little Treant people, sprolings (Magic the Gathering anyone?)

those are some examples. Im tired right now, and will think of better ways to convey what I think they should be like later...

October 21, 2008 11:33:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I for one do not like the idea of creeps building anything.  They are here for one thing...complete destruction or fodder depending on how you look at it.

October 21, 2008 11:35:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I may be in the minority here, but one thing I don't want to see is direct control over creeps.  For one thing it'll make the interface for the different types of Demigods too different.  Also, I want to spend my time controlling my avatar thinking strategy, not micro-managing creeps in a click fest.  What I think generals should do is:

1. Direct creeps.  They should be able to plant rally points.  One of the things that Assassins suffer from is the inability to hold back creeps until there's a good number, then launch an attack.  If a General has this ability to build up waves, it's of great benefit, as you can let the enemy batter themselves against your defenses before "unleashing hell".
  2. Buff creeps.  Speed, attack, defense, invisibility etc
  3. Coordinate creeps.  Possibly much like 1), it's the ability to focus creeps efforts on key enemy - catapaultasaurus's, healers or Demigods for instance.
  4. Confound enemy creeps.  Misdirection, stalling, debuffs, lay traps, that sort of thing.

October 22, 2008 12:04:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'd like to add to the list from above:

8)  Repair buildings at the cost of gold or as an ability.  This allows towers to stand longer and the ability to quickily heal the stronghold between waves.  Could be set up so that buildings can only be repaired when not under attack.

October 22, 2008 12:07:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Capt Sealy-->  As per a discussion on another thread, it seems like most people want direct contol over the guard creep but no/minimal contol over the portal creep.  For the sake of discussion, please specify which creep you refer to.  Hopefully others can do so as well, to increase clarity and communication.

October 22, 2008 12:29:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What I think would be really cool is, instead of cluddering the field with barricks or spawn points is you go to the portal and puchase your units there and then gain powers that will help you control the battelfield, like creating walls that let your creeps through but maybe also let you garrison your archers along it, or something to that manner. I would like to see ways to improve both your controlled creeps and the normal AI creeps (going along side yours, complete control is a no) Stuf like mini portals to pull units up to your farthest controled point (flag). Which would make things really cool, if you as a general and a few assasians took a flag near or inside the enemy base and you had units start piling out right there. I wan't him to not so much be about buffs, but they need to be fast and versaile, like flying or something, and in that way weak, but at least hard to kill. The key is to ensure that you have control over troops, but keep it simple so your forced to keep using your general, unlike SC where (while it's a bad idea) after awhile you really don't need your commander anymore. Also like people above had said, it would be cool if you or your oponents could set (or if the computer automatically had it) a retreat system/routing system to make sure fights aren't just about hitting each enemy one after the next, but that if you are just barely defending your base instead of trying to fight swarms of minions you just need to fight through and kill the enemy general and maybe the enemies will break off and retreat giving you the overwhelming numbers agianst the assassians left.

October 22, 2008 1:07:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'd like to see the generic AI commands for Generals' creeps like Annatar said, but also be able to control them directly if needed. You're the General. You should be able to order the poor sods to their doom at your whim.

Smarter AI for the Generals' creeps compared to the normal creeps.

Generals' creeps should be much more valuable than a normal creep. You should be able to use them intelligently, rather than just drawing fire. Cannon fodder if the situation calls for it, but that shouldn't be their only purpose.

October 22, 2008 1:33:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think they should make Generals Awesome.

October 22, 2008 2:34:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I second strikersgun's comment.

October 22, 2008 4:38:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lets see what we can get when following these principles:

1. Player should always remain in complete control of his Demigod (meaning that a rightclick somewhere on the map is always a move/attack order for your Demigod, F1-F3 is always "use item" and 1-4 is always the abilities.)

2. Players should be able to micromanage their own troops if they want to but it should also be possible to just give very general orders to your army for those who don't like micromanaging.

4. It may make use of the fact that you can select/lock on units using the left mouse button

3. It shouldn't need more than 3 Buttons

Solution:

Button 1 :

when pressing it all your troops attack/move to the position of your cursor. If you select a friendly Unit or Demigod they will follow it and priests will focus on healing that Unit; if it is a friendly structure/flag they will gather around it in a logical sense (melee towards enemy direction, ranged behind them).

This should also cause all towers from Rook to target the unit you are hovering over

Button 2 (only works if you have a own unit selected with left mouse button) :

when pressing it all own troops of the same type as the selected move/attack to the position of your cursor (and the other stuff described above).

Button 3 (only works if you have a own unit selected with left mouse button) :

when pressing it the selected unit moves/attacks to position of your cursor.

If you want to make it even simplier I could live without Button 3 I think, however I really want to see squad based control in.

I don't share your view that generals with direct control over creeps versus assassins would be impossible to balance, it would only be impossible  to balance if assassins don't take skill to master and we all do want that assassins do take skill to master. It might be hard to balance but considering that the more generals there are in one Team, the more devastating the AoE effects of enemy Assassins become it might even be necessary to give generals direct control over their troops to balance teams of many generals vs teams of many assassins.

I honestly don't care too much about a perfect 1vs1 Balance , this may sound strange from someone who was #1 in SupCom 1vs1 but Demigod is a mainly a Team Game and should be mainly balanced around 3vs3 and bigger games unlike the usual RTS which is balanced around 1vs1. I mean did Blizzard care about 2vs2 or bigger games in their balance for Starcraft or Warcraft III, did GPG care about 2vs2 balance in supcom so why should Demigod care too much about 1vs1 which won't be very popular.

October 22, 2008 7:50:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A few abilities i imagine the genarals could have (most of them are probably unbalancable...)

1) minion indirect control type abilities: Setting a point where all the minions in a certain area converge, "follow me" type ability, teleport all the minions of a given area to another area

2) minion spawning: spawning AI controlled minions, spawning "defensive" creatures that stay in the region where they are spawned (ex: you spawn a dragon tied to a chain and the creature stays in a given radius of its spawn point), spawning a limited amount of more powerful creatures over which the demigod has full control and not indirect control,

3) minion unspawning ability send a mob back from where it came from at a high cost and with a long cooldown

4) abailities to increase the creatures "naturally" spawned through the portals or to make portals spawn an extra wave of minions

5) passive boost to minions aka the fire aura spell of TB but more diversee and effective, active minion boosts abilities ex: for x seconds creeps do massive damage or recieve near to no damage

6) "the more the merrier" type abilities ex: each minion does x more damage where x is the number of minions in the region

7) unit healing

I believe each general demigod should have one spawning type ability and one indirect control type ability over the ai controlled  as well as buff/unbuff creature spells

October 22, 2008 9:34:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1a)  Indirect control of guard creeps - which must include good pathing and a default "do as I do".  I'm thinking the easiest way to make this work would be to have a simple move command, coupled with Aggressive, Neutral, and Passive stances...

1b)  Direct control of Guard Creeps - making this an advanced option would be awesome.  Making it default means you'd have to strip alot of the command complexity to make it accessible from the begining, imo, unless you went Darwinia and made commands available only at certain levels

*In either case you could issue commands to creeps by Shift + action key you would ordinarily use for your demi or through UI.  One thing that might be cool would be that holding down Shift would overlay a guard creep special ability menu over your DG interface, so that you could trigger Kamikaze Treants etc. with your normal 1-4 hotkeys*

1c)  No control of guard creeps - these generals would basically be externalized Assassins, more powerful in combat depending on their force strength.  This would be less desirable, but workeable if you can't balance the other two

2)  Temporary structure or totem creation, i.e. gold trees, buff totems, creep generators (this last one I could do without)

3)  Unit buffs and debuffs which apply to all units but really help your guards and cripple enemy general's units

*Creating guard creeps should be a significant act, and they should be powerful and be upgradeable thorugh skill tree, gold, or xp/kills.  A general with two level 1 guard creeps shouldn't be able to take on an Assassin, but a general with ten level 3 creeps should crush*

October 22, 2008 10:07:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I prefer the ideas where the guard creeps have only limited commands, such as "guard me" and "attack target".  Basically, your guard creeps should stay with you most of the time.  They'd be stronger than portal creeps and should be upgradeable (or level up on their own) with basic stat increases.

The guard creeps should have also some abilities that can be upgraded (perhaps when the demigod upgrades, they get an extra skill point specifically for their guard creeps' upgrades).  I've always liked the idea of exploding minions, where, when commanded, they'll run up to a target and self destruct.  On such a command you could increase the respawn cooldown time to balance it out.  Also interesting would be a berserk ability, where your guard creeps get a damage boost, but go on a rampage until dead.

October 22, 2008 11:13:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Demigod Generals

What would I like to see?

Vast Tech Tree with Several Different sections including Skills, Monsters, Fortifications, and Enhancements. 

Area Effect Control over Naturally Spawning Creeps

Ability to Generate & Summon Beasts in your Area Effect and through Portal at will, but dependant on Cost. 

Generals can not wear or use Armor, Items, or Artifacts.

Generals shouldn't level up. Progression of a Genral's advancement should be tied to three things: A seperate resource pool generated by monsters, gold, and how long the game has progressed.  

Generals can Agment the Elemental Nature of Monsters 

Explaination:

Using a system of points earned from Monsters within an Area Effect, Gold, and the Duration of the game, I'd like to progress my General within tech tree of units, skills, and fortifications that I want to appear and when. This is to say that I feel the ideal General should not be tied to levels, and should not have to gain experience points. Instead, they should be able to gather the "Energy of the Fallen" (those who die within a large AoE which determines a General's Control realm), and use it along with Gold to improve their ability to perform in the game.

For sake of Example and explaination I'll relate to these areas in the following:

"Energy of the Fallen" or, the Energy emitted from fallen dead within a Genral's AoE ring will be called EP.

The sate of progression in the game, the natural upgrade of units and buildings through time, will be called Stages.

Stage 1 - Beginning of Game

Stage 2 - Improved Units

Stage 3 - Seige Upgrade to Buildings

Stage 4 - Final Stage, Access to Everything.

Let's assume such a system was in play. I could desire Winged Angels from the portal, generate plant creatures within my AoE, and I want to create a temperary fortification to distract my enemy's assault on my towers. These facets can be goals of mine, and each have different requirements I have to meet first. In order to bring angels from the portal, I would likely have to spend more gold than EP, not to mention the game would also have to be in the proper Stage. For Angels,  the game would need to currently be in Stage 4 for this to occure.  I feel stages should not be influenced by Generals, as in large games one General can spend their entire time farming resources to invest into  quickly advancing the entire army. Since this is a natural progression in the game, the ability to purchase said units should appear in my Tech Tree, or General's Shop, but has no relation to me having to purchase or invest into unclocking Angels.

Perhaps I'm the Queen of Thorns and I want to summon plant golems around me. Since I feel all Generals should have a  "Command Radious" or Area of Effect ring (similiar to that of the Teleport ring) - this will allow multiple Genrals  in play to have influence over certain creatures without intrupting play of other Generals. This also enforces Generals being on the field instead of sitting pretty in the base. But again, Plant Golems.  After I've accquired considerable amounts of EP and Gold, I should be able to spend points within my Tech Tree on the ability to Summon Plant Golums. Once I purchase the ability, I have it for the remainder of the game. This allows me to invest EP into the ability, instead of Mana, and have creatures appear around me.

Why EP instead of MP?  I feel that when you destroy an enemy, you take their souls and then twist them into your own forces. Simple as that. Energy can not be created nor destroyed, merely manipulated.

What if I want to summon a Fortification? Instead of healing buildings, I should be able to protect them with short-lived forts that only survive for a certain amount of time. To clarify, they naturally decay over a period this ensures people can be out on the field protecting buildings throughout the game. A fortification can increase the HP and Attack power of a tower for instance, and also absord much of the blow from oncoming attacks until it is destroyed. This can allow time for reienforcements to arrive and and also give time for the General to summon more units to protect the location. I feel that fortifications should be very costly, high cost in both EP and Gold which makes them hard to maintain over a duration of the game. 

The more I play the game, the more units I have access to, including spells, armors, fortifications, etc. The more Rare and the more powerful, the more limited you are in bringing that unit, and the more costly it is! I could decide to have an entire army of small, whimpy cannon fodder soldiers that I could just keep throwing at the enemy's Demigods over and over and over. This would allow me time to act as I keep them busy stuck in the swarm of endless masses. But this could be countered by powerful AoE abilities that the player may have brought along, which opens up another can of worms.

This system will eventually require good players to bring various things to counter other players, allowing them to plan ahead and keep things 'just in case' another player decides to go one way, they can act enough. But it's all based on how much they've pre-planned their tactics well before the game has even begun. I could utilize spells which make my units immune to damage for a limited time, and my enemy has utilized a large force of creatures which specialize in dealing damage. In order to counter me, the enemy could have something up their pocket that cancels all immunities; furthermore, I could cancel their ability to cancel my ability by using a dispel or addition 'anti-magic' protection which wards off enemy spells for a limited time.

In short, being able to buff, guard, heal, and de-buff monsters within my AoE for a cost of EP and Gold. 

October 22, 2008 11:19:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think what would be awesome would be to have the Queen of Thorns cavort about in a lewd fashion.

I think each general should have multiple unique creep types, for example, the QoT could have ent things and also dryads .. lithe creeps not unlike the QoT herself.

Generals should be able to compete equally with Assassins, or there is not much point in the class.

One way to do this might be to have the General able to spawn a small group of 'super creeps'. These could either be assigned to protecting the General or sent to some other point on the map. The General should have lots of buffing powers affecting creeps, both their sides normal creeps and the 'super creeps'.

October 22, 2008 12:09:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well most of what I think have been said - own creep control, buffs and such but I haven't seen this:

Giving the generals units a special ability which only they can cast. you can implent this by giving a special key to that ability which when you press it, all your nearby units or the one you selected (metter on how you control them) cast that spell or even more keys to more then one ability.

the main point is to let them be more than just normal creeps that attack but making them special.

with all that, thanks for sharing us and let us the ability to suggest ideas.

October 22, 2008 12:25:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In my opinion, Generals should not have control over the portal creeps.   If they did, the game would be impossible to manage as an assassin opponent as the general could focus the creeps on specific building or hold them off and attack "en masse".   Generals would be majorly overpowered if this happened. 

However, I see the generals having a small retinue of unique troops that are specific to their style/character.   These troops should by default protect the general and attack enemies/buildings that are in range.  They should have powers that can be "purchased" by leveling up the general and then access using the skill buttons (we'll need more than 4 I think).    The troops should have to stay close to the general to benefit from buffs, but if the general wants to risk his troops by sending them far away, that should be an option (attack here command, defend here command, assist this target, attack this target).

I don't think base building really fits with the overall feeling of the game.   I would vote to leave buildings out of the game, at least as troop producers.

Generals should have skills that buff their retinue and other surrounding creeps, provide new more powerful types of troops (for the retinue), increase the # of retinue troops, and a few offensive skills/debuffs to provide some protection in 1vs1 battle.   

Generals need to be strong enough to take a few hits from an assassin, but should not be able to kill a fully healthy assassin without the help of his retinue.

Generals should feel like assassins but instead of direct damage skills, they should have support (buff / debuff) and troop producing skills.

October 22, 2008 12:50:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

First Thank you I am glad to finally see that the game devolvement if focusing on the RTS Side.

1.)    Generals should have a barracks.

They get to choose which creep is being built based of the level of the Hero.

They get to update the creep for example for Tech 1-3

They should also get to update armor and attack (IE it should cost gold)

They get to build a unique Guard.

2.)    Creep Micro is needed but in groups for example a typical creep wave is seven Creeps you should get to move each creep wave for example u click one creep and the group move with him with wave points.

3.)    The General should have team damage and health that not only bust the creeps but    

All allies creeps and DG’s

4.)    The unique guard should be a controllable mini DG that would set off DG mines. The guard should also be able to capture flags.

5.)    The General should have a spell to open a brief portal of one creep wave as reinforcements with a 60 sec cool down.

6.)    The general should be able to build defense structures and have the skill to bust damage and amour.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000422   Page Render Time: