The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

GameStop: Our PS3s Sold-Out Nationwide

By on October 10, 2006 6:45:07 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize ForumsExternal Link
Sorry folks.. time to try Wal-Mart?

At a rate "much faster then they 360"...

+147 Karma | 7 Replies
October 11, 2006 12:41:39 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums
Darn it! My son was talking to me about his getting this for Christmas! I won't tell him, he'll freak out. Yes he will, as a gamer and you are, you understand what I mean!???? I don't fully understand but I'm coping.???? Thx for the tip though!
October 11, 2006 7:26:24 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
I believe I read where each EB/GS was only going to take about 8 pre-orders per store. Also note that this pre-order does not guarantee you a system on release day.

On another note, the pre-orders for the Wii should begin Friday.

October 11, 2006 9:03:12 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
True, and 2 of those PS3 systems could be bought by store staff, leaving only 6 units for potential customers.
October 11, 2006 9:33:58 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
I love how they're already trying to spin this as proof of crazy consumer demand.  Yeah, release a handful of units and they're guaranteed to sell-out.  Doesn't mean it's insane demand, just ridiculously low supply.

I'll be interested to hear what the preorder debacle will be like for Nintendo.
October 11, 2006 9:39:25 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Well I wouldn't put $100 down on something I'm not guaranteed to get. I haven't read about the Wii allocation numbers, but Nintendo is supposed to have way more stock than Sony.

Most people don't seem to think it will be a problem for Nintendo. I will take a ride over to EB today to exchange my DS Lite, so I will talk to the manager and see what I can get out of him.

October 11, 2006 6:23:41 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Alright, the manager at the EB Games here said he had 16 PS3 pre-orders available, and they sold out before noon. He also said only one employee per store can pre-order, and none of them did because they all want the Wii.

They don't tell them when the pre-orders will start until the day before. He said either Friday or Tuesday is a good possibility because they usually get corporate calls on Mondays.

October 12, 2006 10:21:17 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
I don't think the Wii will be that big of a debacle. They're going to have more initial launch units than either the PS3 or Xbox 360 did. It'll probably still sell-out, but shouldn't cause major pain.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000110   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.