The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

The REAL Chatroom

Or alternative Chatroom

By on December 8, 2010 6:46:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok, so I decided to create a new Chatroom, because the old one was getting pretty....old! 

Everyone may post here, as well as in the good'ol Flameroom...I mean, Chatroom

I would like to keep this Chatroom civilized. Well, as civilized as most forum threads are (doesnt mean that you all have to be polite like Oatesy, lol).

So for this reason, I may update the OP of this thread in the future, posting certain thread rules, as I see fit.

For now though, post away, and everyone is welcome!

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/8676/threadnecromancy.jpg

Currently these users are banned:

- ArcticBlunder

+160 Karma | 1861 Replies
March 4, 2012 11:21:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Jafo,
Synthetic sentience is inevitable....

...........and its' name will be- *drumroll* JAFO!

March 5, 2012 7:12:19 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Badumbum. lol

March 5, 2012 9:53:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

So, what's this I hear about SoaSE becoming immensely interesting again?

Xer0 \^/

March 5, 2012 10:32:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Xer07,
So, what's this I hear about SoaSE becoming immensely interesting again?

New Expansion!

Titans ships!

New capital ships!

Corvettes!

Each faction split into "Loyalist" and "Rebel"!

New game modes!

New victory conditions!

Overhauled AI!

Streamlined tech trees!

Capital ship abilities have additional levels (thus allowing the generalized builds of before, or more specialized ones)!

I think that's about it.

March 5, 2012 10:34:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Oic. I guess I sorta missed out by skipping Diplomacy, because now I have to buy up all 4 (Vanilla thru Rebellion) Again.

Ignore my avatar for now, I'm working on a new one.

Xer0 \^/

March 5, 2012 11:51:08 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Sucker, now just joking. Does anybody know if they are going to have a hard copy? Or will only be on Steam?
March 6, 2012 1:08:07 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting CmdrNilles,
Sucker, now just joking.

Does anybody know if they are going to have a hard copy? Or will only be on Steam?

It would appear that Brad, CEO of Stardock, decided to cut off all retail plans- and thus, Rebellion will be Steam-only- for MP at least. I rather wish it would be on Impulse only, but I certainly understand the perspective Stardock has on going with Steam.

March 6, 2012 11:42:43 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Hmmm, I was hoping for a hard copy. Oh well
March 6, 2012 11:52:36 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

A hard copy will be what I am holding out for...

If, by release, there are still no plans for a hard copy, I'll just buy the "fake" copy...

March 6, 2012 3:22:35 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Xer07,
Oic. I guess I sorta missed out by skipping Diplomacy, because now I have to buy up all 4 (Vanilla thru Rebellion) Again.

Ignore my avatar for now, I'm working on a new one.

Xer0 \^/

omigodomigodomigodomigod it's Xer0!

Hey.

March 6, 2012 11:58:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Ohai.

Long time no....indirect communication via telescreen. How are you?

Xer0 \^/

March 24, 2012 11:20:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Just got back from Denver. I was there for the Robotics competition, unfortunately we didn't do so hot. We didn't get into the elimination rounds, but wow, some of the higher seeded teams had some very competitive mathces.

Maybe we'll do better next year.

March 25, 2012 1:13:40 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Been...........playing.........Mass Effect 2/3. Might get a hold of 1 just to do a run through the entire series with the same guy. I've read quite a bit about the ending and its......failings.....and I rather commiserate with them. Also, BIOWARE WHY DID YOU MAKE SAMANTHA TRAYNOR ONLY ROMANCE-ABLE BY FEMSHEP?! WHY NO M-SHEP FOR SAMANTHA TRAYNOR?!

We put a man on the moon, and in ME, they freakin' brought Shep back from the dead. M-Shep should be able to romance Traynor. /rages at Bioware.

If I ever find out who's decision it was for Traynor to be a FemShep only romance, I will find them, and repeatedly punch them in the groin.

Also, I have Portal 2 now. So I am thinking with Portals. Bonus: CCP Games' upcoming PS3 title, DUST 514, which is the console shooter tie-in for EVE Online, is really the tie-in. I'm talking something like this:

DUST player: "[callsign], we need orbital fire support now! Bring the rain!" /designates target

EVE player: "Copy that [DUST'ie], comin' down." /fires orbital bombardment

[one DUST battlefield]- stuff gets blown up by orbital strike fired by EVE player.

Seriously. They [the CCP devs], even did so during the Fanfest 2012 demo of DUST on Thursday (IE 22 March 2012)! Which means that, upon DUST 514's release, I, as an EVE player, will be able to directly interact with, and affect a DUST player's experience.

THIS IS WHY CCP GAMES IS THE BEST GAME DEVELOPER IN THE HISTORY OF GAMING. CCP? Yeah, for all the flak they get from their players over stuff they've done (*cough* Incarna expansion *cough*), they are pushing the envelope in ways no one else has ever even tried. And they're succeeding.

Finally, as more info about DUST comes out, particularly stuff about the infantry-scale weapons, I think I will finally sit down and write my ME self-insert. Only I will be a DUST-style immortal soldier, capable of dying, and then waking up in a fresh new clone body. And doing it all over again.

Side note: Nadia Ali is AWESOME. Have some Nadia Ali from YouTube:

March 26, 2012 10:36:46 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I've heard alot of bad rep about the Me 3 ending, but I don't have it, and as such, aren't all that interested.

The Dust game looks really cool, and I would want.... but I don't have a PS3    Is it really true about the cross game bombardment? If so that would be amazing. I personally think Bungie is the best gaming developer out there, IMO.

March 26, 2012 11:40:04 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting CmdrNilles,
Is it really true about the cross game bombardment?

Yes. I even said so. Even so, here's a delicious linky to the clip:

http://www.evenews24.com/2012/03/23/watch-ccp-games-dust-514-keynote-in-hd/

It's the first video (both clips are the same, top one's slightly better quality IMO). At about 21:00 minutes in is when they start showcasing the orbital bombardment feature.

Quoting CmdrNilles,
but I don't have a PS3

While I have the benefit of a job and a good-sized chunk o' change in the bank that would make a PS3 a fairly negligible purchase (see? I don't have one either!), waiting till Black Friday in November (?) will mean you can get an awesome deal on one. Bonus points for the fact that DUST will certainly be out by then- from all appearances it looks like CCP is going to release DUST around the same time as the EVE summer expansion.

Quoting CmdrNilles,
I've heard alot of bad rep about the Me 3 ending, but I don't have it, and as such, aren't all that interested.

I'll say this: ME3's gameplay is AMAZING. It's a lot more dynamic, visceral, and enjoyable than ME2. Still has the, IMO flavorless, thermal clip system, but meh, the dynamic movement of rolling and dodging around is ballin'. The story seems pretty good (I've actually stopped playing so I can do a better ME2 run for import into '3), aside from the ending (which I haven't reached) and the above complaint of no male Shepherd love for Samantha Traynor. /tries to find Bioware dev who decided that.

Quoting CmdrNilles,
I personally think Bungie is the best gaming developer out there, IMO.

In my eyes, 'best' means one of two things- they always, or at least almost always, bring high-quality content, OR they push the boundaries of gaming in ways that no one else has ever done.

I'd say that Valve could fit the first bill for gaming- very few of their games have actually flopped. All developers to an extent fit the second bill- but no one has EVER done what CCP has done. EVE Online is still the only MMO that is a fully single-shard universe where EVERYONE is on the same server, and now, their the only dev that will have two different games that are part of the same game world, and have interaction between the two.

For example, say my dad plays DUST, and I'm playing EVE. I set up a DUST mercenary contract, and he accepts it. He then goes and fights the battle- but needs additional firepower. I'm in system- ostensibly for other reasons, but really to protect my investment; after all, I'm (supposedly) slapping down some big money on this. He calls it in, I respond, and provide orbital fire support- though I'm still vulnerable to other spaceships in EVE, because they can still find me.

Probably the only kink in that plan is that they haven't yet revealed how any surface-based anti-orbital weapons work- so that's an unknown which could, again, tip the balance by causing me to lose my ship if/when it is destroyed by ground-fire.

NO ONE has ever done that before.

Also, Bungie is owned by either Activision (THE TRUE PLAGUE UPON PC GAMING), or Microsoft (CLUELESS ABOUT PC GAMING). Pretty sure it's the former, but that Microsoft is pushing for more Halo games because it's become a big cash cow for them. And no, you can't really claim that the story was any good past Halo 1. 1 actually had a semi-interesting premise from what I can tell, while 2 kinda stretched it, and 3 sucked. Reach was interesting- but the ending was never in doubt, because it was a past event. ODST was a good idea, because it went off the beaten track of "U R SPARTAN!", and was, AFAIK, more stealth-oriented. But story? Never really there.

But that's okay, a lot of FPS's, particularly ones intended to be mostly multiplayer, lack in the story department. The story in these games is just the excuse to shoot stuff to bits.

March 27, 2012 10:19:26 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

*Thump* ... *Thump* ... *Thump*

Something slowly claws it's way from the wood work, a ball of sludge. Something that looks like you should beat it with a stick, smear i on a wall, and set it on fire. The thing slithers over the floor, pooling into a lump of what the hell. Slowly it gains form and shape, looking like something familiar. A zombie of the past that you all probably thought died. It looks around, seeing faces it hasn't for a very long time. It opens it's mouth, but nothing. Filling it's lungs with fresh air, silly thing, it forgot. It muttered a single word.

"... Boo!"

March 27, 2012 12:42:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

*facepalm*

It looks like we got crazy up in here.

WHY DOES IT HAVE TO RETURN?!

March 27, 2012 1:04:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Suddenly everyone returns.

March 27, 2012 1:43:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hey I'm nice, and peaceful. I'm just here to see people that I actually did consider friends.

March 27, 2012 2:08:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting OMG_Shiro,
Suddenly everyone returns.

I personally don't want everyone to return. Just Morph, Oates, and maybe Twilight. Nilles can stick around too. /grumbles

Quoting Skidia,
Hey I'm nice, and peaceful. I'm just here to see people that I actually did consider friends.

Alright, alright, who let crazy back on the Internet?

March 27, 2012 2:10:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hey, call me crazy, it's true! I like you guys still.

March 27, 2012 5:06:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I watched the video, and that looks pretty amazing. I can see why its definitely unique. Now I want that game even more.

Also I don't have a job, so I'm might have to get at Black Friday(or hopefully my Birthday).

Also about Bungie, I didn't really care about the story (it is a FPS after all), but it was fun and kinda made sense, and teh multiplayer was always very good and competitive, unlike most other games (MW3 I'm looking at you)

March 27, 2012 5:13:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You don't want me to return? /cryincorner

March 28, 2012 6:40:55 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

What? I'm not allowed to see you guys? I mean, I'm here for the new Eexpandalone for sins too, you guys are a bonus.

March 29, 2012 9:23:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Dont die on me again chatroom!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000485   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.