The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Fire tb still can not move and fire at the same time.

By on November 19, 2009 10:40:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I was playing a game just now and tb could not fire and shoot at the same time....

I thought this was fixed....

0 Karma | 61 Replies
November 22, 2009 6:13:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Noam_B,
Please fix this bug already.

Download the mod Sorian posted.

November 22, 2009 11:57:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Mod is nice for a temporary fix, but keep in mind tha the host of whatever game you are joining has to have it installed/enabled and everyone that joins the host's game must have the mod installed.  People won't even be able to join the host's game w/o the mod installed. 

November 22, 2009 6:31:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting JagerJack,

Quoting Noam_B,
reply 50
Please fix this bug already.

Download the mod Sorian posted.

A Mod is not a solution. no one has it which makes it useless. This should be fixed for *everybody*

November 22, 2009 7:23:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A Mod is not a solution. no one has it which makes it useless. This should be fixed for *everybody*

Yes Noam, i expect SD to release hotfix soon.

since a simple mod fixed it, there shouldnt be any difficulty for a patch to do it

November 22, 2009 8:04:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"Can not fire and move" is different than "cannot fire and move." I hope they don't take away his ability to move when not firing.

November 22, 2009 9:44:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting morpheas768,

Yes Noam, i expect SD to release hotfix soon.

since a simple mod fixed it, there shouldnt be any difficulty for a patch to do it

It wasn't any more difficult 6 months ago when this bug was reported, the guy fixed this bug in a few hours.

November 23, 2009 1:53:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I noticed some issue that still exist. If the TB is chasing and the emeny gets out of range during the AA-animation, the shot disappears mid-air. I'm unsure if this happens only something or every time, but I've seen it happen several times. This should be handled the same way as the regulus' shots. Once fired, the shot should track its target, even though on some rare occasions the shot will fly across the map (when the target teleported)

November 24, 2009 10:42:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The good thing with this mod is that it has been made by Sorian. As he now works for GPG it can be assumed that it will be part of the next patch.I have used his excellent AI mod for Supreme Commander for a long time and he updated it frequently and fixed bugs quickly after they have been detected. So it can be assumed that he is not happy that everything takes forever when it comes to the release of new fixes. So he has released this fix as a unsupported mod to help the community as good as possible. The same is true with his other example mod that should have been part of the 1.2 patch. He also released this mod unofficially. Actually I think as long as Sorian is working on the Demigod code there is some hope to get fixes in reasonalbe time at least as mod.

The problems with patches is nothing new with GPG. It was exactly the same problem with Supreme Commander where they did not fixed nasty bugs like forever (the same things like the Sedna bug). For example there is/was a bug in the addon that prevented bombers to target correctly. So they often missed the target and were therefore not that useful as intended. This was never officially patched. More than one year after the last offical patch GPG released a "Beta patch" (that can't be uninstalled and can't be used in GPGNet) that adressed this issue (and many others). This release was in august but since then nothing happened.

November 24, 2009 10:48:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yea they really need to patch this in..

November 28, 2009 3:38:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Donnervogel you dont understand it. GPG was not "bad"at releasing patches, they had the patch ready for a year. BUT their publisher THQ dint let it go through because of some contract by which they should have Q&A it.

December 13, 2009 9:03:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Bump

Are you EVER going to fix it?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.