The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Fire tb still can not move and fire at the same time.

By on November 19, 2009 10:40:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I was playing a game just now and tb could not fire and shoot at the same time....

I thought this was fixed....

0 Karma | 61 Replies
November 20, 2009 1:36:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'd like to say I just verified this: he still cannot chase ... though that's what switching to ice is for + Weapon Damage is alwalys a good thing.

November 20, 2009 1:56:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting -Sorian-,
That is what I tried. Code-wise, it should work. Since it isn't it has to be something in the animation.

I will talk with someone tomorrow that knows more about the animation system side of things to see whats what. Not giving up on this.

oh ok kool. at least u tried .

November 20, 2009 2:10:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am normally a troll, but glad a developer is taking the iniative on this one and working on it asap. Get some sleep sorian. I bet you worked your ass off for this patch!

November 20, 2009 5:44:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is a shame, but i'm sure it will get fixed with a patch.

What does bother me though is that no one at SD even bothered to fire up 1.2 in the time they have had and try fire TB.This would have taken all of 2 minuted to confirm or deny that the fix had worked.

I find it odd that such a simple measure was not taken.

November 20, 2009 6:47:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Rook has a similar problem... I think the real problem for TB is also the same as it is for Rook(am I the only one whose noticed rook can't attack on the move either?!), I'm guessing that they slow down to match the enemies speed before they get into attack range, thus keeping them from ever attacking on the move, or atleast thats what it looks like to me anyway...

November 20, 2009 6:48:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Felric,
Rook has a similar problem... I think the real problem for TB is also the same as it is for Rook(am I the only one whose noticed rook can't attack on the move either?!), I'm guessing that they slow down to match the enemies speed before they get into attack range, thus keeping them from ever attacking on the move, or atleast thats what it looks like to me anyway...

i thought rook could. only majority of the time hes always too slow to attack and run at the same time.

November 20, 2009 8:00:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gkrit,

i thought rook could. only majority of the time hes always too slow to attack and run at the same time.

Try this: play rook vs. an easy AI, buy all the movment speed items + swift anklet, then see what happens when chasing the AI.

You SHOULD be much faster but you will never catch up, with one exception; Rook WILL sometimes attack while moving but only because his attack range is GREATER then his stop range (basicaly meaning he will stop closer to an enemie then he actually needs to be to actually attack), all this means is that if the enemie stops for even a split second, then Rook will attack without stopping(He's reached his attack range, but not his stop range, giving somewhat of an illusion of being able to attack while moving).... But if the enemie never stops you will never get to attack.

November 20, 2009 8:17:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Felric,

Quoting gkrit, reply 31
Try this: play rook vs. an easy AI, buy all the movment speed items + swift anklet, then see what happens when chasing the AI.

You SHOULD be much faster but you will never catch up, with one exception; Rook WILL sometimes attack while moving but only because his attack range is GREATER then his stop range (basicaly meaning he will stop closer to an enemie then he actually needs to be to actually attack), all this means is that if the enemie stops for even a split second, then Rook will attack without stopping(He's reached his attack range, but not his stop range, giving somewhat of an illusion of being able to attack while moving).... But if the enemie never stops you will never get to attack.

You are right, unless they change course a tiny bit due to towers rook doesnt auto attack, i guess people dont notice this due to his shoulder upgrades and normally being slower then whoever they are chasing.  I've played speed rook but i always use boulder and hammer when chasing someone. This should def be fixed as well...

November 20, 2009 11:55:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Rook has a different bug. Rook cannot run faster than an enemy, period. Try it, try hitting someone with a poisoned dagger, dizzying force, or whatever, and you'll see that rook's speed will scale down to their reduced speed, so the only way rook can attack and chase at the same time is if he's already at zero range.

So if you just right click an area ahead of a snared enemy as rook you can catch up to them and hit with independent weapons, but the instant you target them to autoattack you'll be snared.

From what I can tell Rook thinks he's a ranged attacker. Ranged characters behave similarly, if regulus is autoattacking a running target hit with shrapnel mines or mark of the betrayer he will not charge into melee range as he fires at them, he will adjust his speed downwards to maintain range. Rook does the same thing.

November 20, 2009 2:40:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I got the problem fixed on my end, just have to have Stardock approve another patch. It was completely 100% my fault and I am sorry.

Until Stardock approves another patch I have made a mod that fixes this issue.

Please note: I am releasing this mod personally. This mod is not approved, nor is it supported by Stardock or Gas Powered Games. Any problems you encounter by using this mod should be directed towards me.

To use: Navigate to your Demigod/bindata folder and create a new folder called Mods, if one does not already exist. Then, unzip the contents of this file to your mods directory.

http://sorian-ai-mod.googlecode.com/files/Fire%20TB%20Fix.zip

November 20, 2009 2:46:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting -Sorian-,
I got the problem fixed on my end, just have to have Stardock approve another patch. It was completely 100% my fault and I am sorry.

Please note: I am releasing this mod personally. This mod is not approved, nor is it supported by Stardock or Gas Powered Games. Any problems you encounter by using this mod should be directed towards me.

To use: Navigate to your Demigod/bindata folder and create a new folder called Mods, if one does not already exist. Then, unzip the contents of this file to your mods directory.

So, maybe when the release the new Demis that will get put in?

By the way Sorian, I love you.

But not in a gay way.

November 20, 2009 2:59:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just tried it and it works great!

November 20, 2009 2:59:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting -Sorian-,

It works!

Thank you so much Sorian!

Now tb can finally chase fleeing demigods

November 20, 2009 3:04:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting -Sorian-,

No need to apologize Sorian, we should be the ones apoligizing to you.  The direspect people on this board show toward you and the rest of the team at Stardock is just plain stupid.  Thanks again for going above and beyond, some of us here really appreciate it.

November 20, 2009 3:09:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sorian, would you mind making a seperate post for this so more people can find out about the mod?

November 20, 2009 4:38:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting -Sorian-,
Short of adding a new animation, it was all I could try.

Try?!  Since this is what arrived in the patch, I can only conclude that neither GPG or SD actually bothered to test the change.

I have to ask...  Does GPG (or, I guess, SD in this case, since they're supposedly doing QA) utilize defect tracking software to record and track the lifecycle of bugs?  That is... report/investigate/fix/verify?  This is Software Development Process 101.

Note:  I'm not trying to be an ass here.  This is really basic stuff that any person/company that is serious about developing quality software does.

November 20, 2009 4:44:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting -Sorian-,
It was completely 100% my fault and I am sorry.

It's not actually.  I think you are doing your best in a high-pressure environment with an ad-hoc software development process.  Your management needs to get its act together.

November 21, 2009 12:44:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

fire tb

Quoting -Sorian-,

THIS DOES NOT WORK IN MULTIPLAYER.  I hosted a game with this mod, and people could not join my games

November 21, 2009 12:45:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They need to have it installed too, you know.

November 21, 2009 7:07:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeahh .. great job, Sorian   

Wondering what's next from you !!

November 21, 2009 10:00:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pissanusak,
Wondering what's next from you !!

Some Sorian AI Mod would be nice.

November 21, 2009 11:56:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

THIS DOES NOT WORK IN MULTIPLAYER.  I hosted a game with this mod, and people could not join my games

All players need to have the mod in order for it to work.

November 21, 2009 1:48:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sorian, you're cool. We all love you. And I'm not directing this towards you in particular.

But please. PLEASE test your stuff before releasing it. It's not enough for it to work in theory. If you annouce a fix, it has to actually work. This is a really unprofessional slip-up by SD & GPG.

Here's hoping the new code will be officially implemented soon...

November 21, 2009 8:15:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting -Sorian-,

Thank you .  Did you also fix rooK?

November 22, 2009 5:53:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Please fix this bug already.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000421   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.