The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod: v1.20 Partial Change Log

By on November 11, 2009 10:31:55 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1478

Demigod v1.2 has passed what we call our tech QA and is now in consumer QA (i.e. compatibility and such).

Here’s a partial list of what’s in this build:

Notable Bug Fixes:

· Fixes a serious desync that could potentially resolve a number of problem cases in MP.

Citadel Upgrades

• Graveyard Citadel Upgrade: Increased bonus from 10/20/40% to 15/30/50%

Favor Item Changes:

• Samm-El’s Cloak: Buffed cap from 25% to 15%
  • Dark Crimson Vial: Reduced cast time from 2 to 1 seconds
  • Staff of the Warmage: Increased mana from 700 to 800
  • Magical Coin Pouch: Buffed cost reduction from 10% to 15%
  • Horn of Battle: Increased health regen from 10 to 25

New favor items:

Spirit of the Fallen: Assassin only

5000 Favor Points

1000 Health

8 Health Per Second

Haste Anklet: Assassin only

5000 Favor Points

17% Increased Movement Speed

Pendant of Prescience: Generals only

5000 Favor Points

15% Dodge

20% Minion Dodge

Tome of Champions: Generals Only

5000 Favor Points

800 Health

5 Health Per Second

150 Minion Health

Items:

• Hex Scroll: Reduced cost from 500 to 250
  • Capture Lock: Increased cast time from 1 to 2 seconds
  • Combat Health and Mana Potions unchanged – we were afraid to tweak this one
  • Duelist Cuirass: Reduced cost from 3000 to 2500
  • Theurgist’s Cap: Reduced cost from 3000 to 2000
  • Hungarling’s Crown: Reduced cost from 6500 to 5500
  • Ironwalkers: Reduced cost from 3750 to 2750
  • Desperate Treads: Reduced cost from 5000 to 4000
  • Gauntlet’s of Despair: Increased mana drain from 200 to 300
  • Doomspite Grips: Increased weapon damage from 30 to 40
  • Forest Band: Increased minion armor from 200 to 300
  • Warlord’s Punisher: Unchanged
  • Ring of the Ancients: Reduced cost from 3500 to 2500
  • Parasite Egg: Reduced cost from 4000 to 3000

Game Mechanics:

• Dodge Cap increased from 30% to 40%

Queen of Thorns:

• Summon Shambler: Summon Shambler now increases health and damage of Shamblers as you gain new ranks. The values are 5/10/15 damage and 125/250/375 health.
  • Entourage: Shamber buff decreased to compensate for Summon Shambler’s boost. Damage reduced from 10/20/30 to 6/12/18 damage and 250/500/750 health to 165/330/495.
UPDATE:

·         Fixed TB’s ability to attack while moving in Fire Mode.

I’ll have a more complete list shortly.

Commenting is enabled to allow people to complain about the balancing since you can blame me for it. I read through the comments and various threads and compiled a list of requested changes along with my own experiences from playing.  So you can see a lot of things have been made less expensive. The new favor items are largely just “upgrades” (requiring a lot more favor points) to the existing ones. I tried to request items that could be realistically added.  So in other words, don’t flame GPG. Flame Brad (me).

The modding is going to become a big deal I believe as I am hoping we will be able to have our own mods that players will be able to distribute here on the game site or that we’ll eventually bundle with the game if they’re popular enough.

Locked Post 280 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 11, 2009 1:03:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Leon108,
Although, perhaps it would be an ideal solution, but imho that would require more money and time than instroducing four new items which are 100% sure to be very popular.
Yeah, but... that is kind of silly and may also be dangerous for the community, since it might get less fun for each individual player to fight against a Spirit of the Fallen UB or whoever if you do not have Spirit of the Fallen... and if you chose Spirit of the Fallen just because of that, it might be less fun for you too, since you won't be able to play how you usually played.

And if it's less fun, you'll also play less :/

November 11, 2009 1:04:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
The other QoT buff we're looking into is giving her the ability to repair friendly towers.

This might make uproot a little more interesting.

November 11, 2009 1:12:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well the favor items guarantee that if I come back for the new demigods, I'll be hosting games with favor items disabled.

November 11, 2009 1:21:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spooky__,

Yeah, but... that is kind of silly and may also be dangerous for the community, since it might get less fun for each individual player to fight against a Spirit of the Fallen UB or whoever if you do not have Spirit of the Fallen... and if you chose Spirit of the Fallen just because of that, it might be less fun for you too, since you won't be able to play how you usually played.
And if it's less fun, you'll also play less :/

It may be, but as nothing is written in stone, it can be changed or even removed any time. Regarding fun, was it less fun when we had almost no favor and were proudly wearing "Bejeweled Goggles",

while playing against those, who could afford much better items? I think not, although that was a serious disadvantage. At least you and I are still here.

November 11, 2009 1:22:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Vesuvius,
Well the favor items guarantee that if I come back for the new demigods, I'll be hosting games with favor items disabled.

People whine like crazy when I do this favor not allowed or they leave in first minute when they find that "precious" BoTF isn't available. You would be surprised on how afraid people are to play without there favor item.

November 11, 2009 1:25:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Vesuvius,

All righty then. Would you agree to pass at least some ammount of your favor points to my account please? I am ten thousands favor points short to aquire all four new items. I am sure, that it could be arranged, if we are strong enough in our determination.

November 11, 2009 1:31:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Leon108,

Quoting Vesuvius,
reply 28

All righty then. Would you agree to pass all of your favor points to my account please? I am ten thousands favor short to aquire all 4 new items. I am sure, that it could be arranged, if we are strong in our determination.

Sure last time I checked I think I have 60000 favor points waiting to be used

November 11, 2009 1:32:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It was barely worth it passing up BotF in the past. I'm not sure how any assassin can afford to pass on an extra 1000 hp. My teleport amulet and BotS builds are less useful now, meaning that I'll probably have to solely use these new favor items. HP stacking has been made worse.

On a more postitive note,

I'm completely jazzed that the mana items are cheaper. Hungarlings Crown is now viable in certain instances.  I think that all of the cost reduction on items were good ideas.

November 11, 2009 1:32:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, first let me say: props for balancing items! I'm afraid some of the changes are not yet enough to make the items interesting for me BUT there are some changes that look good and go in the right direction. Will have to test them online befor I make up my mind about them though.

Concerning the fix for desyncs: GO Sorian, GO!!! Thanks so much!

Wait what: Horn of Battle: Increased health regen from 10 to 25

You BUFFED Horn of Battle? ZOMG, WHY?!?

Is minion Erebus not bad enough as it is damagewise already?

November 11, 2009 1:35:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It was barely worth it passing up BotF in the past. I'm not sure how any assassin can afford to pass on an extra 1000 hp. My teleport amulet and BotS builds are less useful now, meaning that I'll probably have to solely use these new favor items. HP stacking has been made worse.
My thoughts exactly, I went for TP item and BotS on occasion but I guess I can't afford to do this in the future anymore. Well maybe on Mandala or Brothers...

November 11, 2009 1:36:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh, let me say one other thing. I think that the Tome of Champions is good. It's like BotF with a slight twist. It's good for generals to have a non-sucky favor item. Keep this new favor item!

Also, I think the new speed anklet for Assassins is a good thing, too.

November 11, 2009 1:40:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hmm, ok.  In order of appearance

1.  Awesome news about the desync, hopefully this solves it
2.  The graveyard buff is nice on paper, but I still don't think people will be using it.   There needs to be a secondary buff imo, make it temporary, but a % health/mana increase or a % xp/gold gain increase on respawn would at least make it worth looking at
3.  Horn of Battle really didn't need a buff - it's already the go-to minion favor item.  Keep the regen if you want to but lower duration of the active effect to 8 seconds rather than 10. 
4.  The rest of the Favor buffs look good.  Coin Purse is a nice one..
5.  The l33t favor items are going to be an adjustment
      a.  Spirit of the Fallen - this item will make UB dominant through level 7 even if he didn't already gear HP, make Rook much harder to kill early (which is when you have to kill him) and be much less useful for the other assassins.  It's a massive buff for the two DGs who are already at the center of most strong teams .  This is the only thing on the list which I can say unequivocally shouldn't be there.
      b.  Haste Anklet is fine - 2% on a speed build isn't going to break anything
      c.  Pendant of Prescience, along with upped dodge cap, is going to make HorseRadish's Dodge LE a real PITA rather than a minor annoyance.   Hard to say if it will be OP yet, but it's looking close on paper
      d.  Tome of Champions - BoTF + a minion buff, ok, I guess we'll see how this stacks up, but I think what happened is that the LE/Rook/UB combo just got stronger, and it really didn't need to be

*The objections already raised to l33t favor in another thread are valid, especially with regard to (a).  You are giving experienced players an unsurmountable advantage over new players, one which I would say is out of proportion relative to unlocks in games like Modern Warfare (which I spent all night playing, so forgive me).  You can kill a level 50 enemy with level 1 weapons in CoD.  All other things being equal, UB with BotF will never, ever win a battle against UB with SotF, which means your newer players will give up on a game they can't win without a significant investment of time

6.  Item Costs - I like all of these changes.  I also like how selective they are i.e. lowering the price on Groffling Plate would have been a bad idea.  We'll see what happens with Theurgist's and Hex Scrolls.  Thanks for the lock nerf.  All around - Good work, GPG and SD

7.  The dodge cap change will be interesting to play with - on paper it introduces some build diversity

8.  My understanding of QoT's Shambler issues is that they have more to do with pathing and target acquisition than anything else.  Number changes on summons are a good start, but I think you will continue to see "Buff Queen" threads until the mechanics get worked out.

November 11, 2009 1:43:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I hate the new favor items.  I already thought BotF was overpowered, but now we have even more game breaking items.  The weakest Demigods that already relied on other favor items such as QoT's Cloak of Night, Reg's Wrath of God and Poisoned Dagger, and TB's Blade of the Serpent will all receive fairly strong indirect nerfs from this change.

November 11, 2009 1:43:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
The other QoT buff we're looking into is giving her the ability to repair friendly towers.

As others have said, the Shambler/Entourage tweak for QoT does not appear to be enough. I would have preferred a decisive shambler buff, along with some buffing or overhauling of her level 15 skills.  Anyhow, the "repair friendly towers" ability seems very promising, but needs to be carefully implemented.

On the issue of favor items, if the point is to create new favorite favor items, then Spirit of the Fallen and Tome of Champions will be the new ones, which will put any new players at further disadvantage.  If the point is to make current favor items more appealing, then this will probably not be the case.  I would much prefer a complete overhaul of all favor items which balances them all and sets a single price.  That way, the quality and usefulness of favor items is not tied to a cost scale, but instead to how player view the functionality of any given item on any given map, demigod, or build.   I personally believe that the current number of favor items could be cut in half without losing anything. Then make the remaining ones interesting and useful enough to force players to make real cost/benefit assessments about them. 

Overall, an interesting change log that I would like to see in action. The biggest change might actually be the capture lock time.  I have seen many a demigod make a suicide dash just to lock a portal.  This will not be quite as easy now.

November 11, 2009 1:43:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think the new Hex scrolls will be worth looking at, especially against minion builds. This should be fun! 25% additional AA mitigation for 10 seconds could be amazing.

Also, I think that the Dark Crimson Vial is now a worthy favor item. One second cast isn't half bad.

November 11, 2009 1:52:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ke5trel,
hmm, ok.  In order of appearance

c.  Pendant of Prescience, along with upped dodge cap, is going to make HorseRadish's Dodge LE a real PITA rather than a minor annoyance.   Hard to say if it will be OP yet, but it's looking close on paper

7.  The dodge cap change will be interesting to play with - on paper it introduces some build diversity

I been testing a Sedna Dodge build with her health regen and speed buffs. I think she is going to be as much as a terror as my Erebus.  At level 15 Desperate boots and Life Child seems like a lot of fun +50hp and + 20% dodge when under 30%hp with new 15% dodge favor item I will let you know how it works.

November 11, 2009 1:56:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Epiphenomenon,
I think the new Hex scrolls will be worth looking at, especially against minion builds. This should be fun! 25% additional AA mitigation for 10 seconds could be amazing.

Also, I think that the Dark Crimson Vial is now a worthy favor item. One second cast isn't half bad.

Would you take it over the new l33t items? I think not....

Please PLEASE PLEASE do not add the 4 "new" favor items, they will make the game imbalanced more than it already is.

November 11, 2009 2:05:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Really nice improvements until I read about the second part of the QoT "buff".

Entourage (with Tribute as special skill) was already one of the worse skills and now you nerfed it to uselessness.

Thus, QoT now has 6 useless skills (of 12, including special skills):

1. Entourage, which at maximum skill level now adds 18*0.5*4= 36 dps and 1-(495/750)= 34% less health to you whole army of 4 Shamblers.
  2. Tribute, which equals a level 3, 1800 gold citadel upgrade that any Demigod can buy.
  3. Uproot, which is far worse for taking down towers than Ground Spikes and is absolutely useless once the towers are gone.
  4. Violent Siege, which deals very low and very easily avoidable area damage.
  5. Compost, which is a weak upgrade for two already weak skills.
  6. Morale, which is 2,5 times better for Oak and Erebus because they have 2,5 times more minions.

On the one hand, adding up the bonus to Summon Shamblers and malus to Entourage, the "buff" amounts to +120 health and +1,5 dps for each Shambler. On the other hand, the new General favor items are a much better improvement for Oak's and Erebus' numerous minions (which were already very popular) than for QoT's and Sedna's few minions (which almost nobody uses).

This makes me think that the whole patch with the new favor items was more of a nerf to QoT than a buff. Thus, I expect QoT to be played even less (after initial testing). I hope you can acknowledge this as constructive criticism. If not, please try playing QoT for a few weeks.

Edit:

This might change Uproot(?) into something worth skilling. Thanks for listening to the community.

November 11, 2009 2:11:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Its great to see the update but one thing is terribly wrong:

high end favor items are BAD!!!!!

favor items are supposed to diverse gameplay, not to make players who play alot overpowerd.

Spirit if the fallan is insane, a player with it will pwn anyone at start with it, NOT FUN. favor items should all be equal so we will have a nice choice at the start of the game, but why using the regular when you will achive this (exept for a couple of specific build items)

there was also a hole topic in which almost all the comunity said it is a mistake to do this move, so why still putting this in-game?

Anyway, dont take this as a hate post, I'm really looking forward to the update

Edit: I am sad to see I cant change font in edit, well nm.

November 11, 2009 2:13:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Please PLEASE PLEASE do not add the 4 "new" favor items, they will make the game imbalanced more than it already is.

Well, I was saying that assuming that they would remove the new favor items. Honestly, the speed favor item isn't really that bad.

November 11, 2009 2:15:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ignoring the terrible new favor items , most of the changes are very good.  I particularly like the Theurgist Cap cost reduction, Gauntlets of Despair buff, and Parasite Egg buff, and I also like the fact that Stardock was careful not to boost any of the preexisting items too dramatically, despite some still seeming weak.

However, I'm not sure the shambler "buff" was really a buff.  Most people avoid getting the 4th summon shambler skill due to its sharp mana cost spike and relative uselessness, leaving people who had previously invested in the first 3 shambler summons and entourage skills with +27 attack and +745 health instead of +30 attack and +750 health.  I think shamblers will definitely be stronger with these changes during early game, but I'm not sure they will scale as well in late game.

November 11, 2009 2:44:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Cowbuttzex,

Quoting Epiphenomenon,
reply 40

It might be sweet pop sigil then Vial heal for 3k-4k health in 1 second

November 11, 2009 2:54:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They nerfed Queen of Thorns and buffed Blood of the Fallen. I can't wait for balancing mods.

November 11, 2009 3:01:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You probably want to make Haste Anklet a little better.

November 11, 2009 3:03:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wait what: Horn of Battle: Increased health regen from 10 to 25

You BUFFED Horn of Battle? ZOMG, WHY?!?

Is minion Erebus not bad enough as it is damagewise already?

It's backwards.  HoB decreased from 25 to 10 per second.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000282   Page Render Time: