The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod: v1.20 Partial Change Log

By on November 11, 2009 10:31:55 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Demigod v1.2 has passed what we call our tech QA and is now in consumer QA (i.e. compatibility and such).

Here’s a partial list of what’s in this build:

Notable Bug Fixes:

· Fixes a serious desync that could potentially resolve a number of problem cases in MP.

Citadel Upgrades

• Graveyard Citadel Upgrade: Increased bonus from 10/20/40% to 15/30/50%

Favor Item Changes:

• Samm-El’s Cloak: Buffed cap from 25% to 15%
  • Dark Crimson Vial: Reduced cast time from 2 to 1 seconds
  • Staff of the Warmage: Increased mana from 700 to 800
  • Magical Coin Pouch: Buffed cost reduction from 10% to 15%
  • Horn of Battle: Increased health regen from 10 to 25

New favor items:

Spirit of the Fallen: Assassin only

5000 Favor Points

1000 Health

8 Health Per Second

Haste Anklet: Assassin only

5000 Favor Points

17% Increased Movement Speed

Pendant of Prescience: Generals only

5000 Favor Points

15% Dodge

20% Minion Dodge

Tome of Champions: Generals Only

5000 Favor Points

800 Health

5 Health Per Second

150 Minion Health

Items:

• Hex Scroll: Reduced cost from 500 to 250
  • Capture Lock: Increased cast time from 1 to 2 seconds
  • Combat Health and Mana Potions unchanged – we were afraid to tweak this one
  • Duelist Cuirass: Reduced cost from 3000 to 2500
  • Theurgist’s Cap: Reduced cost from 3000 to 2000
  • Hungarling’s Crown: Reduced cost from 6500 to 5500
  • Ironwalkers: Reduced cost from 3750 to 2750
  • Desperate Treads: Reduced cost from 5000 to 4000
  • Gauntlet’s of Despair: Increased mana drain from 200 to 300
  • Doomspite Grips: Increased weapon damage from 30 to 40
  • Forest Band: Increased minion armor from 200 to 300
  • Warlord’s Punisher: Unchanged
  • Ring of the Ancients: Reduced cost from 3500 to 2500
  • Parasite Egg: Reduced cost from 4000 to 3000

Game Mechanics:

• Dodge Cap increased from 30% to 40%

Queen of Thorns:

• Summon Shambler: Summon Shambler now increases health and damage of Shamblers as you gain new ranks. The values are 5/10/15 damage and 125/250/375 health.
  • Entourage: Shamber buff decreased to compensate for Summon Shambler’s boost. Damage reduced from 10/20/30 to 6/12/18 damage and 250/500/750 health to 165/330/495.
UPDATE:

·         Fixed TB’s ability to attack while moving in Fire Mode.

I’ll have a more complete list shortly.

Commenting is enabled to allow people to complain about the balancing since you can blame me for it. I read through the comments and various threads and compiled a list of requested changes along with my own experiences from playing.  So you can see a lot of things have been made less expensive. The new favor items are largely just “upgrades” (requiring a lot more favor points) to the existing ones. I tried to request items that could be realistically added.  So in other words, don’t flame GPG. Flame Brad (me).

The modding is going to become a big deal I believe as I am hoping we will be able to have our own mods that players will be able to distribute here on the game site or that we’ll eventually bundle with the game if they’re popular enough.

+897 Karma | 280 Replies
November 11, 2009 10:41:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Awesome can't wait for my new Dodge items and cap whoo!!!!!!

November 11, 2009 10:44:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

sigh..... not really a big fan of the "upgrade" favor items, there in essence the same thing we already have but with better static bonus....

I like the price changes it will be fun to try out some new items but I still think some of the items needed more than a price change for example, ring of the ancients will still suck at 2500.

November 11, 2009 10:45:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

more great examples of responsive, consumer-focused game refinements... thx for a great game that keeps getting better!

November 11, 2009 10:49:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The PARTIAL list looks good. But I do hope there will be more buffs in there for QoT.

jorune

November 11, 2009 10:53:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am very pumped about several of these fixes.

I can't wait to start using hex scrolls as a support Sedna/Queen to f' with Oaks/Erebs/UB's.

I love the prospect that Dodge builds may now become viable.  Am curious to see how this one plays out.

Love the increased mana drain of Guantlets of Despair.  But again, I feel I need to ask: will this actually drain mana (you gain what your opponent loses)?!  Please say YES.

I may start buying Ring of Ancients again on my Oak build.

Questions:

1.  Does that +25 health regen on Horn of Battle apply to minions and/or Demigod, and is it time-locked (only lasts for 10 seconds)?

2.  Is the death penalty upgrade now worth it?  Will players purchase it late game, in tight battles with lots of deaths?

3.  For all the QoT experts out there:  Is this enough of a buff?

November 11, 2009 10:55:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Looking good. Especially the desync fix and the QoT buff.

Other then that modding is the big deal to me.

November 11, 2009 10:59:35 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hmm..I like mst of it, but agree the new favor items aren't anything new, just buffed version of old stuff for a really high price. Also, it doesn't seem like QoT  really got buffed...with max shanblers and entourage, they've receieved a buff of 120 health and 3dps(assuming 1 attack per sec) each, so overall 480 more health and 12dps. That doesn't seem like much....

November 11, 2009 11:28:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

the new favor items, i mean the Spirit of the Fallen, and even the haste ankhlet are quite game breaking! BotF was quite balanced in the way that they were usefull alternatives allthough they were only few and only under special situations. but now basically we have a much better one out there destroys this balance.

it does not play a role that you ahve to may 5000 favor points. regarding the ankhlat, yes this 2% extra make the difference for escaping concisdering the most used builds.

now seriously, the new favor items will destroy the qutie balanced game, at least the mentioned ones are not needed as there are already lesser version of them available. it only enforces the use of them instead of the diversity that was used up till now.

really, remove this two new favor items as they only reduce the number of different used favor items, especially the Spirit of the Fallen one!

November 11, 2009 11:33:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh and about the shambler....

the reduction on entourage is not needed. the buff you add at the summon skill was VERY needed.

November 11, 2009 11:37:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice can't wait to play this build.  Looks like a big list of good changes, esp. the desync fix.

The favor items look a bit OPed, I would prefer balance of existing favors (buffs to less used items) more.

November 11, 2009 11:38:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Everything looks really nice. I'm hoping QoT gets a bit more because it looks like 1 stat was raised and one was lowered, which doesn't exactly equal to much of a buff.

I like the beginnings of the item balancing and the new favor items. Although I think the new favor items could just be replacements for Swift anklet and Blood of the Fallen.

November 11, 2009 12:06:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I knew from beginning it will be you for blaming. lol     

Now seriously, i see a lot of changes that still isnt gonna improve the game as they should.

just reducing the gold values of some items is not helping, like Cowbuttzex said:' the ring of the ancient will still suck',  there need to be some other changes to items; their abilities&bonuses should be changed/improved not just gold.

I'll give just one example amongst the many:

- Ironwalkers: Reduced cost from 3750 to 2750

If you ask me, you could change it to 500 gold, it will still be bad. Why? Because it can only help the Rook atm, who has small speed so -10% will activate it, but he doesnt benefit it on other way becouse he has no minions! Ironwalkers are meant for generals sort of, because of (small!) minion boost, but they dont need them! It's not easy to reduce speed of Erebus(6.3) below the 5.0 (plus he has so many ways to get out of trouble (bat swarm!)), nor it is to (!tanking!) oak with SoF, nor to sedna with inner grace (& heal wich removes debuffs), and even would be to Qot after even better buffing(she will still always prefer other items), and so will all 'already strong' generals. They dont need Ironwalkers ever!, so why minion boost to it (& i repeat: small). It leaves us only the rook to use it (no way UB will ever need it, or Tb who can use fire aura buff, nor ranged Regulus, who if played properly stays out of close battles and (he) slows others). But rook will still rather spend money on other items, and save it for Armor of Vengeance rather than Ironwalkers. (specially if he has problem with minion Ereb who bites him, and in fact only bite (and mines IV) can reduce the speed of all others dgs below 5.0, therefore making Ironwalkers useful (in theory) for ppl plying against ereb/mine reg only, but why spend one item slot for just that case(when biten and slowed under 5.0), when you can have better items for all 'in general situations')

so, not even rook will use it (even if 500 gold, only maybe for some short time then switch to other item). It need to have some other benefits too! Think about it a little, like i have, imagine the game scenarios and what item benefits more.

Plus, after many ppl agreed thet rook shoul get better base mov speed (not more than 5.6), and ofc better base armor (because he really isnt best tank and hard to take down, beast & others are. He is in fact one of easier to kill), even to him then (if he gets that speed buff) Ironwalkers wouldnt help much, so i would like you to consider raising the bar for when should Ironwalkers to trigger, 5.0 is (too) low.

This is just one example, i could speak about every each of one.

I'm also in general agains new fav items (just see what ppl are saying in new thread about it)

Qot also is not buffed enough with this (but i'm sure there is more you didn't write), shambler buff is great but entourage is just waste still. (better buffing idea, please)

and parasite egg is going to be a killer! with this price if the bug is fixed ofc. (just compare it to doomspite grips)

we need more/better balancing!!! but ofc this is better than nothing. it is just a 1.2 patch, i hope to see a lot more.

November 11, 2009 12:09:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting regabond,
Although I think the new favor items could just be replacements for Swift anklet and Blood of the Fallen.

They are, but their high favor price is probably supposed to encourage us to play DG more often and in this way, hopefully increase the pool of players. Otherwise they would just change the numbers in Swift anklet and Blood of the Fallen. If this is true, then it is a smart move which can benefit us all.

November 11, 2009 12:11:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting regabond,

I like the beginnings of the item balancing and the new favor items. Although I think the new favor items could just be replacements for Swift anklet and Blood of the Fallen.

Spirit of the Fallen = Blood of the Fallen (On drugs)

Some interesting changes here. I reckon more are coming and more are needed but this and the new Demigods will keep me happy

November 11, 2009 12:16:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Maybe they should reset favor points again then we will see a lot of playing to get favor again Ha Ha

November 11, 2009 12:18:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Please, please, please remove the new Favor Items. The Favor Item's cost is not a way to balance it, at all... the cost is completely irrelevant. All they do is make the old favor items pointless and the ones that were already pointless even more pointless of course... And they give an unnecessary advantage to players that played more games over other players with less games.

November 11, 2009 12:30:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting HorseRadish,
Maybe they should reset favor points again then we will see a lot of playing to get favor again Ha Ha

That would be the dumb way, and not the smart way to do it. If you want more action, then you have to inspire people and not to frustrate them.

November 11, 2009 12:31:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spooky__,
Please, please, please remove the new Favor Items. The Favor Item's cost is not a way to balance it, at all... the cost is completely irrelevant. All they do is make the old favor items pointless and the ones that were already pointless even more pointless of course... And they give an unnecessary advantage to players that played more games over other players with less games.

There really wasn't much of a selection before and now it will lower the selection even more.

November 11, 2009 12:36:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting HorseRadish,
There really wasn't much of a selection before and now it will lower the selection even more.
Indeed. And people who use a build or playstyle that involves a "special" favor item, like the Teleport Item or Staff of Renewal etc., will simply have an additional disadvantage now. Unless those items (as examples) are actually overpowered... it will throw of the balance completely. And thus it might force you to use the new favor items and change your style of play accordingly... which is probably less fun.

November 11, 2009 12:41:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spooky__,

And people who use a build or playstyle that involves a "special" favor item, like the Teleport Item or Staff of Renewal etc., will simply have an additional disadvantage now.

That my be true, but if it works and the pool of "greedy for favor" players would actually increase, there is nothing stopping them from introducing a larger variety of powerfull favor items. Again, more fun for us all and more players to play with.

If it fails, then I am sure that someone at Stardock or GPG know how to use "delete" button. They are no fools. Let us play and see the results of their work first before jumping to final conclusions.

November 11, 2009 12:42:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

need clickable minimap >.< 

November 11, 2009 12:48:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Leon108,
That my be true, but if it works and the pool of "greedy for favor" players would actually increase, there is nothing stopping them from introducing more powerfull favor items. Again, more fun for us all and more players to play with.
Well, time and money will be stopping them . Imho they should just rebalance all the favor items accordingly. Then the may simply buff BotF or include those new ones. But as it is right now, people who use old favor items like the tp item will simply be in a serious disadvantage.

But maybe the community can "fix" that with a favor balance mod that may or may not become popular .

November 11, 2009 12:59:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spooky__,

Well, time and money will be stopping them . Imho they should just rebalance all the favor items accordingly. Then the may simply buff BotF or include those new ones.

Although, perhaps it would be an ideal solution, but imho that would require more money and time than introducing four new items, which are 100% sure to be very popular.

November 11, 2009 1:02:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

on secound thought please remove all four of the "new" favor items, you will only see these 4 being used if they are implimented which is a terrible idea.

They are far to good to not to be used and you would be a fool to pick something else.

I love all of the changes to the other favor items and more needs to be done to the rest of the useless favor items to create more interest in them.

and If I remember right parasite egg is bugged, it doesn't allow you to move on activation so I still wont be using it.

November 11, 2009 1:03:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The other QoT buff we're looking into is giving her the ability to repair friendly towers.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000500   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.