The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod: v1.20 Partial Change Log

By on November 11, 2009 10:31:55 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Demigod v1.2 has passed what we call our tech QA and is now in consumer QA (i.e. compatibility and such).

Here’s a partial list of what’s in this build:

Notable Bug Fixes:

· Fixes a serious desync that could potentially resolve a number of problem cases in MP.

Citadel Upgrades

• Graveyard Citadel Upgrade: Increased bonus from 10/20/40% to 15/30/50%

Favor Item Changes:

• Samm-El’s Cloak: Buffed cap from 25% to 15%
  • Dark Crimson Vial: Reduced cast time from 2 to 1 seconds
  • Staff of the Warmage: Increased mana from 700 to 800
  • Magical Coin Pouch: Buffed cost reduction from 10% to 15%
  • Horn of Battle: Increased health regen from 10 to 25

New favor items:

Spirit of the Fallen: Assassin only

5000 Favor Points

1000 Health

8 Health Per Second

Haste Anklet: Assassin only

5000 Favor Points

17% Increased Movement Speed

Pendant of Prescience: Generals only

5000 Favor Points

15% Dodge

20% Minion Dodge

Tome of Champions: Generals Only

5000 Favor Points

800 Health

5 Health Per Second

150 Minion Health

Items:

• Hex Scroll: Reduced cost from 500 to 250
  • Capture Lock: Increased cast time from 1 to 2 seconds
  • Combat Health and Mana Potions unchanged – we were afraid to tweak this one
  • Duelist Cuirass: Reduced cost from 3000 to 2500
  • Theurgist’s Cap: Reduced cost from 3000 to 2000
  • Hungarling’s Crown: Reduced cost from 6500 to 5500
  • Ironwalkers: Reduced cost from 3750 to 2750
  • Desperate Treads: Reduced cost from 5000 to 4000
  • Gauntlet’s of Despair: Increased mana drain from 200 to 300
  • Doomspite Grips: Increased weapon damage from 30 to 40
  • Forest Band: Increased minion armor from 200 to 300
  • Warlord’s Punisher: Unchanged
  • Ring of the Ancients: Reduced cost from 3500 to 2500
  • Parasite Egg: Reduced cost from 4000 to 3000

Game Mechanics:

• Dodge Cap increased from 30% to 40%

Queen of Thorns:

• Summon Shambler: Summon Shambler now increases health and damage of Shamblers as you gain new ranks. The values are 5/10/15 damage and 125/250/375 health.
  • Entourage: Shamber buff decreased to compensate for Summon Shambler’s boost. Damage reduced from 10/20/30 to 6/12/18 damage and 250/500/750 health to 165/330/495.
UPDATE:

·         Fixed TB’s ability to attack while moving in Fire Mode.

I’ll have a more complete list shortly.

Commenting is enabled to allow people to complain about the balancing since you can blame me for it. I read through the comments and various threads and compiled a list of requested changes along with my own experiences from playing.  So you can see a lot of things have been made less expensive. The new favor items are largely just “upgrades” (requiring a lot more favor points) to the existing ones. I tried to request items that could be realistically added.  So in other words, don’t flame GPG. Flame Brad (me).

The modding is going to become a big deal I believe as I am hoping we will be able to have our own mods that players will be able to distribute here on the game site or that we’ll eventually bundle with the game if they’re popular enough.

+912 Karma | 280 Replies
November 11, 2009 6:54:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As has already been mentioned, the new favour items really do need to be cut altogther. We've discussed the idea of higher tier favour items, and it's simply pointless. Instead of adding clear replacements for existing favour items, what's needed is alternatives to the ones we aleady use. I really can't place enough emphasis on just how bad of an idea these new favour items are.

Apart from that though, it all looks good. I won't discuss the Graveyard bonus, as it's already been covered, but it really does need a bigger buff.

November 11, 2009 7:09:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Other options: keep these uber l33t favor items, but make them have drawbacks as well:

Spirit of the Fallen -> Burden of the Fallen

+1100 hp , +8 hps, -200 mana, -3mps

(doesn't affect pure-Ooze UB much but whatever)

or

+1000 hp, +10 hps, -5% movement speed

Makes Rook even harder to push out of a lane, but even easier to gank if you get the upperhand on him. Not quite as viable for UB, who might need to chase, etc.

or

+1000 hp, +10 hps, -3% attack speed

-3% attack speed is like 9 dps early game, so not really a big deal. Maybe it needs to be 5%, I don't know.

Digging these ideas, if you guys feel it necessary on some level to introduce these high-end favor items.

November 11, 2009 7:27:59 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

According to Sorian's blog, TB's Ring of Fire also got fixed.  The second cast of ring of fire won't get cancelled when the first one expires.

Along with fixed auto-attack Fire TB just might be viable now.

Woohoo!  "I smell bacon!"

November 11, 2009 7:37:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Kudos to Sorian!  Sorry they keep moving you from project to project, but I am really glad someone with your talent is working on DG for us!

For those of you that haven't checked out his latest blog related to this:  http://soriandev.blogspot.com/2009/11/demigodagain.html

November 11, 2009 7:39:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

One thing, and lemme qualify this by saying I think all the other item changes are fantastic, but I really, really think that Sigils need a significant nerf. A 10 second duration is what I would do, but a % health or gold change could work as well.

Also lemme reiterate: Torch Bearer autoattack change=fantastic.

November 11, 2009 7:39:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The cost reduction on the items are very welcomed indeed.

I share the sentiments of the others here about the high end favour items too. Each favour item should cause another to become obsolete.

Also, I, too am disappointed with the listed changes for Queen of Thorns.

The damage and HP increase for each spent point in Entourage makes the skill underwhelming but at the same time you have no choice but to spend points in it if you still want to field Shamblers.

With 8 skill points spent completed in Summon Shamblers and Entourage, the total buff to the damage and HP of each Shambler is a mere 3 DPS and 120 HP. This is practically negligible at the stage of the game where you do manage to complete Summon Shamblers and Entourage's skill trees.

I would prefer the previous full Entourage buffs be completely moved to Summon Shamblers and have Entourage grant a new kind of buff.

Sedna's Yetis are already designed this way, splitting damage/HP and attack speed into Horn of the Yeti and Magnificent Presence respectively.

Perhaps Entourage can grant increasing levels of HP regeneration or amour for the Shamblers or even a passive chance to "entangle" their targets for a 0.5 sec interrupt (QoT has no interrupt at the moment). Basically something with more utility value that will make them more relevant late game.

November 11, 2009 7:43:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sedna's Yetis are already designed this way, splitting damage/HP and attack speed into Horn of the Yeti and Magnificent Presence respectively.
I'd like to see this line of thought taken a bit further, actually. What if the skill actually just buffed allies (and yourself) directly, like the cooldown reduction on Inspiring Presence? QoT has notriously low HP and people constantly complain about autoattack damage being too low. If QoT brought a HP and +dmg buff to a team she's be much more sought after.

November 11, 2009 7:45:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Izuz,

Fixed TB’s ability to attack while moving in Fire Mode.
Yes

WOOT!!!!

November 11, 2009 7:45:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hmm... wonder if the sdk is coming with 1.2...

November 11, 2009 7:54:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

New favor items:

Spirit of the Fallen: Assassin only

5000 Favor Points

1000 Health

8 Health Per Second

Haste Anklet: Assassin only

5000 Favor Points

17% Increased Movement Speed

Pendant of Prescience: Generals only

5000 Favor Points

15% Dodge

20% Minion Dodge

Tome of Champions: Generals Only

5000 Favor Points

800 Health

5 Health Per Second

150 Minion Health

lacking in the creativity department much? basically took the 2 most used favor items in the game (coz they are so effective) and made an even more powerful version of them.

"Spirit of the fallen is too OP", "Nerf Spirit of the fallens max health" threads, comin up!

Staff of the Warmage: Increased mana from 700 to 800

and i dont consider this much of a buff either... oh great, an extra 100 max mana. i think a bit of mana regen wouldve been nice to go along with it.

and as for Qot, is that rlly a buff? i rlly hope that this is only a small section of the list of things QoT needed to be buffed on.

HOWEVER, i love cost drops on those equips. i think now we'll see a 'variety' of equip builds.

November 11, 2009 7:56:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

One thing, and lemme qualify this by saying I think all the other item changes are fantastic, but I really, really think that Sigils need a significant nerf. A 10 second duration is what I would do, but a % health or gold change could work as well.

also i think that wateva health u gain from sigil, stays with you (max health only drops, not current health)  and you dont lose that health when sigil effect runs out.

November 11, 2009 8:08:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nope gkrit, you lose the health, down to a minimum of 1 hp.  So it won't insta-kill you, but it does th enext best thing.

The high tier favor items just don't do anything good for the game.  I don't know what their intent is.   Let me just ask this, since I think it is easier to talk about: What exact benefit do you see for the game by adding more, stronger, favor items?

I think it does the following things badly:

1. It further increases the discrepency in power between new and old players.  A new player will now have 600 less health and 3 hps compared to one with the Spirit.
  2. It narrows the possible 'good' favor items down even further. If you had created 4 new items that were of different types (not just health and mana) to existing ones, it would create diversity, but these just create polarization.
  3. They create a feeling of elitism even more than currently exists.  5000 favor for a single item is a whole lot for a casual player, and to get more than just the one will require you to feel like you are 'grinding' for favor instead of just playing.

November 11, 2009 8:08:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

also i think that wateva health u gain from sigil, stays with you (max health only drops, not current health)  and you dont lose that health when sigil effect runs out.
That's not the way they work, you lose current health as well as max health.

November 11, 2009 8:11:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Not much that I can add at this point. The new favor items should just be cut, or turned into regular items. They'll only widen the gap between new and older players, and make most other favor items completely useless. I was also hoping for a bigger QoT buff, but healing towers sounds interesting.

Otherwise, great job.

November 11, 2009 8:17:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I too was hoping for a significant QoT buff, but really if her minions' attack capacity is fixed her minion build may very well be competitive as-is. We'll see.

November 11, 2009 8:21:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,
hmm... wonder if the sdk is coming with 1.2...

I don't know who started a rumor about this SDK, but it doesn't exist.

November 11, 2009 8:23:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting obscenitor,

I agree that sigil needs to be looked into, but this topic probably deserves a new thread.

November 11, 2009 8:23:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree with others here. Boo on the high-end favor items.

In fact get rid of the favor all together. Favor just a pointless grind to get item you need anyways. How about you balance all the favor items against each other equally instead of assigning a cost to them. Then new users can do less grinding or dying to get favor they need and more time playing the game equally with others. I think that the item is a cool idea and adds an additional specialization that is desirable but the cost just seems pointless to me. This was the same issue with the Team Fortress 2 idea of achievements unlocking new weapons (At least in TF2 each weapon had a pro/con assigned to them).

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of good to like about this update. I'm excited that the TB fire auto-attack was changed (*psst* now the ice form needs a minor buff).

November 11, 2009 8:53:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'll say this again, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL THAT IS HOLY DO NOT ADD THOSE FOUR NEW FAVOR ITEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps. FEAR MY FIRE TB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FEAR HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 11, 2009 8:58:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In the theory that more voices are louder, I would just like to lend my complete support to those who object to the high tier favor items. Please do not add them.

November 11, 2009 9:04:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You guys are really over reacting about the favor items. It just replaces, it doesn't change much in the grand spectrum of things.

November 11, 2009 9:29:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just checked... horn of battle is +10 health per second PRE-patch.

November 11, 2009 9:33:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Polynomial,
You guys are really over reacting about the favor items. It just replaces, it doesn't change much in the grand spectrum of things.
If they are replacements, than I cant use swift anklet with QoT anymore.

November 11, 2009 9:38:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,
Just checked... horn of battle is +10 health per second PRE-patch.

Yeah I was going to make that same comment.  Either it is going to be a buff, or someone is very confused.

November 11, 2009 9:44:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Maybe that's the HPS that it gives minions when activated? I'd love to see that nerf!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001344   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.