The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Lord Erebus.

By on August 12, 2009 3:26:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Needs a nerf. I don't care how. But he needs one.

Pretty much all the games I have played recently have had at least one Erebus in, and I don't know what the hell is going on because I never had problems with them before, but at the moment with max minions, max bite, 1 point in swarm and 1 point in stun there is NOTHING you can do against it. It totally owns from level 2 until the game finishes and you simply cannot touch him.

I CAN'T EVEN MAKE THEM LOSE ANY HP, AND THE DPS THEY HAVE IS INSANE.

/rage

+7 Karma | 192 Replies
August 14, 2009 1:56:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Honestly I don't have a problem with minion erebus. I have played against some pretty insane minion erebus players ( you know who you are ) and have had some high level games. The Erebus players DID DIE in some of those games. He is not invincible nor unbeatable. I have a harder time against match ups like UB+Sedna than Minion erebus. I am siding with Polynomial on this one. When I see a player pick Erebus I either go ooze UB or TB and it seems to work just fine for killing big bad MR.LE.

One of the best counter I have used to far is the Armor of Vengence it gives 1050 Armor and reflects 35 damage back at attackers. Combine that with Ooze/postmortum (don't target minions when attacking target creeps for the + damage from Post Mortem). That is the basics of my UB counter. If you think getting that armor is a huge chunk of change think of the money the Erebus invested in his minions....... You have to adapt to your opponents to win, don't get stuck in your B.O. that "works"

I don't know where I would start with rook. I don't play him much and am not "pro" with him.

August 14, 2009 1:59:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting noother10,
I normally play 3v3s basically due to the time I'm on and my location. I've played against teams, that may not have been premades but have done some great teamwork like scrolling to gold flags/portals, capping our flags together, trying to ambush/trap our team etc. But when I played with basically 2 random people, and I went LE, they just got pushed back quite easily. At one stage I even killed all 3 (one was sedna) while protecting the portal flag we just capped.

Normally I play Reg and can sometimes fend off the bad LE players, but the half decent ones, I basically just run from and mine spam to hold em back, I don't even attempt to take them on alone, even 2vs1 they mostly end up getting away easily due to stuns/bats.

I think they have too many great abilities. Bite, Bat Swarm, Mist, the regen bonuses etc, and thats not to mention the minions. If you chase them with 2 or more, they'll just run away or try to take one of yas out and get away anyway since they can just stun and run, or bat swarm or even mist to buy time for allies to come. Though there is nothing like forcing a low hp LE to mist and putting 3 mines under him

or a low HP misting erebus and stacking towers all around his mist as rook, I got an LOL kill doing that.

my bad on the double post.

August 14, 2009 4:44:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Cowbuttzex,
Honestly I don't have a problem with minion erebus. I have played against some pretty insane minion erebus players ( you know who you are ) and have had some high level games. The Erebus players DID DIE in some of those games. He is not invincible nor unbeatable. I have a harder time against match ups like UB+Sedna than Minion erebus. I am siding with Polynomial on this one. When I see a player pick Erebus I either go ooze UB or TB and it seems to work just fine for killing big bad MR.LE.

One of the best counter I have used to far is the Armor of Vengence it gives 1050 Armor and reflects 35 damage back at attackers. Combine that with Ooze/postmortum (don't target minions when attacking target creeps for the + damage from Post Mortem). That is the basics of my UB counter. If you think getting that armor is a huge chunk of change think of the money the Erebus invested in his minions....... You have to adapt to your opponents to win, don't get stuck in your B.O. that "works"

I don't know where I would start with rook. I don't play him much and am not "pro" with him.
Really that armor is about as direct a counter to minions as you can get since their damage is mitigated by armor to boot. I'll have to mess with that more, it's a clever counter.

August 14, 2009 5:39:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Did you try starting with high gold resources?

With higher gold levels I find it much more difficult with Erebus. It seems to be not that easy to have this early game kills. Well, I am playing a lot but I do not consider myself as a pro. When playing with beast I do not experience this problems with higher gold levels. Maybe balancing could also be done by changing the default starting amount of gold?!?

What du you think?

I have also expierienced in later games when its quite balacaned to the end of the game, whats not very often that other DG also get quite strong making it more difficult with erebus abailities to kill a DG. I think of the magican with ice and another DG. Who can easily kill Erebus when triggerd in the right moment. Or Sedna who is also awesome at higher levels.

I guess the idea with removing the slowing down option in the bite for the early level is also a quite good idea. Makes it possible for DG to flee from him if they are in bad condition which is most of the time not possible (if your triggering his abilities to the right time).

I could also imagine an item which gives a demigod the possibility to break Erebus Mist or maybe also Oaks invulnability maing them more killable.

August 14, 2009 5:56:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

On one particular game vs an erebus, I had stacked Blood of the Fallen, Narmoths Ring, Mageslayer, Bloodstone Ring, Nimroths Armor, Groffling Warplate. That is pure HP + armor + dps lifesteal. I was still unable to get the erebus's hp down, and his minions toasted me really fast, even with all that armor and lifesteal. It was a stupid game on exile fortress (no flags no gold weird map), and he still had enough gold to buy giants so he can't have spent money on crazy items. There have been other games where I have purchased a mageslayer with rook (with gods strength, he gains the most from this weapon than any other demigod) and was unable to damage the erebus with him just standing there.

These players don't use any kind of skill. They don't attempt to avoid slams. They just stand right next to me, in one spot, no mist, and spam bite with minions attacking you, and they win. By the time you realise your hp is going down so fast and need to portal, they will interrupt it with stun. If you fake cast the portal to make them waste the stun, you will be dead before you get to cast again. If you take a potion, in the amount of time it takes to use, the minions and bite will have destroyed your hp back down again.

Maybe the cooldown on bite needs to be increased? With a cooldown flag taking it to 5 seconds, thats a lot of heals (775 + bishop heal + 775) over 10 seconds. It negates a hammer slam, and his armor + hp regen + lifesteal prevent autoattack damage.

I think it could just be a probelm with rook though. It is easy for erebus to escape from a rook, so if you don't get a kill shot with slam, he's outta there. He can also kite easily and have minions attacking you whilst taking no damage himself. An UB with spit + ooze + move speed with a hp + armor build can waste a minion erebus.

August 14, 2009 7:39:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

An UB with spit + ooze + move speed with a hp + armor build can waste a minion erebus.

Because its imba too

August 14, 2009 9:44:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ditto on Erebus, as well as the UB + Sedna combo, as Cowbuttzex put it. Granted, I'm just starting to play this game, but last night a couple friends of mine got into a game vs AI (all hard, four of them), and we got obliterated by the Sedna + UB + Erebus + Rook combo. Rook obviously being cannon fodder, but the other three torching us like crazy.

We're not all noobs, two of us were experienced (somewhat). The previous game we'd managed to beat 4 hard AIs without too much problem.

Worth looking into, I think.

August 14, 2009 11:21:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Obscenitor,

Quoting Cowbuttzex, reply 51Honestly I don't have a problem with minion erebus. I have played against some pretty insane minion erebus players ( you know who you are ) and have had some high level games. The Erebus players DID DIE in some of those games. He is not invincible nor unbeatable. I have a harder time against match ups like UB+Sedna than Minion erebus. I am siding with Polynomial on this one. When I see a player pick Erebus I either go ooze UB or TB and it seems to work just fine for killing big bad MR.LE.

I don't know where I would start with rook. I don't play him much and am not "pro" with him.Really that armor is about as direct a counter to minions as you can get since their damage is mitigated by armor to boot. I'll have to mess with that more, it's a clever counter.

There goes my secret counter. =/

August 14, 2009 10:27:44 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Remzer,
Ditto on Erebus, as well as the UB + Sedna combo, as Cowbuttzex put it. Granted, I'm just starting to play this game, but last night a couple friends of mine got into a game vs AI (all hard, four of them), and we got obliterated by the Sedna + UB + Erebus + Rook combo. Rook obviously being cannon fodder, but the other three torching us like crazy.

We're not all noobs, two of us were experienced (somewhat). The previous game we'd managed to beat 4 hard AIs without too much problem.

Worth looking into, I think.

ah yes... the sedna UB erebus rook combo. Devastating if used correctly lol

August 16, 2009 8:11:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The best way to make an erebus nervous is to take another erebus. So the result depends only of your skill and teamplay

August 16, 2009 11:13:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i´ve played with shakenbake some times now. he plays his rook very nice! and i think erebus is overpowered too.

if he is overpowered in 1on1, this will apply to a teamgame as well (if the teams coordinate the same way etc.).

this Polynomial guy is pretty annoying, cause he is constantly getting all over the threads and attacks players who say something against this holy game, no matter how much truth there is in the threads.

August 16, 2009 4:38:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Don't think erebus is overpowered. Every demigod is weak against some, and will steamroll others.

One time I was a hybrid TB. Had rain of ice, fireball, fire/frost nova and deep freeze (didnt get to fire aand ice yet). Went up against a minion erebus for control of the fortitude flag on cataract. Went right up to him, froze him and his minions with nova, then rain of ice, then i deep freezed him (he was still stunned) so he could not bite me (yet). Switched to fire (by that time erebus was awake and attacking me, but unable to use bite because of deep freeze) then hit him with fire nova. All his minions were toast. After that he retreated. Hit him with fireball but it wasnt enough, he got away from  me. Fortunately my Reg ally sniped his ass and he was dead.

Continued with this tactic every time i ran into him. Never did enough damage to kill him untill i got fire and ice. Then after a few deaths he just retreated when he saw me.

If he is stacking HP then this tactic probably won't be enough to push him from a lane but it will certainly kill off all of his friends, making him vurnerable to other demigods, or even to you if you have a cooldown flag.

August 16, 2009 6:39:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Are we seriously pushing for another erebus nerf?

August 16, 2009 6:46:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Sly_Squash,
Are we seriously pushing for another erebus nerf?

I hope not.

August 16, 2009 7:30:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Invisible_XXI,
i´ve played with shakenbake some times now. he plays his rook very nice! and i think erebus is overpowered too.

if he is overpowered in 1on1, this will apply to a teamgame as well (if the teams coordinate the same way etc.).

this Polynomial guy is pretty annoying, cause he is constantly getting all over the threads and attacks players who say something against this holy game, no matter how much truth there is in the threads.

There are demigods who will always beat another 1v1. You're saying we should balance those combinations too? And no, Erebus does not always win 1v1. IE: Oak.

August 18, 2009 11:06:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

But should Demigod be a rock, paper, scissors game? I would prefer it would be more of skill than which demigod you are facing.

August 18, 2009 11:25:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There are demigods who will always beat another 1v1. You're saying we should balance those combinations too? And no, Erebus does not always win 1v1. IE: Oak.
Not really. I would say the most uneven matchup is QoT vs. regulus or TB and both of those guys can push Sedna back with the help of creep waves once priests hit the field and especially when cats are out.

August 18, 2009 6:33:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

One of the main things Erebus does that I hate the most is his ability to TP behind me, and now the dark side gets another demi specifically designed to do just that, while the light side has a demi whose ability is being extremely slow (rook).

So yay.

August 19, 2009 2:59:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Rav3nIX,
One of the main things Erebus does that I hate the most is his ability to TP behind me, and now the dark side gets another demi specifically designed to do just that, while the light side has a demi whose ability is being extremely slow (rook).

So yay.

The light side is MUCH better at holding ground than the dark side is on the whole...

Towers, Mines and lots of healing to go around help that a lot....

The Darkside is much better at blitzkrieging through creeps and stuff...

There are not ANY demigods in the game that cannot be built to beat other demigods in this game...QoT is merely the most difficult to build to kill demigods...

August 19, 2009 4:35:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Polynomial,

I'm very interessted to see how u want to kill en erebus with oak in 1vs1. add me to friends and we will play a 1vs1

August 19, 2009 5:30:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would be very interested to see oak counter erebus on equal skill levels.

August 19, 2009 5:31:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I totaly agree on Shake.

When u play against a good erebust i dont mean normal a realy well played erebus, u never can win 1vs1.
Normaly u cant kill him too, bite, bats, misc.

Movement Speed is 6.3 too :///
I rly dont know how to kill him 1vs1 with his minions ((

He rly needs a nerf again!

August 19, 2009 11:18:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Yzerman25,

Quoting Polynomial, reply 65

I'm very interessted to see how u want to kill en erebus with oak in 1vs1. add me to friends and we will play a 1vs1

This is not a 1v1 game. Erebus will not always kill an equally skilled Oak. Oak will not always kill an equally skilled Erebus. It works both ways. Each demigod will give enough of a fight to each other to either draw a stalemate or buy enough time for allies to come over.

August 19, 2009 12:02:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Minions coud be killed by a ooze dog. But it is still hard to beat a good erebus who farming his creeps and using archers to overhelm you by minions

August 19, 2009 12:34:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I remember killing an Erebus when he was controlling his minions and directed them after my team mate. I creeped up on him, started hitting him hard until finally no amount of running could save him any more.

I think this was AllyMcheal on prison, a game in which I got my behind handed to me by that player all the way, so that moment was a little proud moment in an otherwise shameful game.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000391   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.