The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Valour flag not working correctly

By on June 23, 2009 8:21:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just found this bug by accident:

Your own valour flag does not work correctly, untill you have recaptured it. At start, you own the flag, but it does not work untill you have lost it, and then captured it back.

At least that's what happened in last game, on Crucible map.

It was one of those looong games, with huge amounts of money around. Me and my ally pushed right at the enemy citadel, (and captured their valour flag while at it), but then my ally disconnected, and the AI started to lose badly. We were pushed back to the middle of the map. That's when I noticed it. Both sides had everything creep related maxed, max damage on creeps and max armor/HP. (At this point they had recaptured their valour flag.) Their giants had 2800 something HP, and our giants had 2310 (or something, could have been 2130, didn't write numbers down.) Nothing explained the difference. We got pushed even further as time went on, and soon enemy captured our valour flag. Their giants HP went above 3000, BUT OUR GIANTS HP WAS UNAFFECTED. I managed to recapture our valour flag, and only then did our giants HP go to 2800 something, same as the enemy giants.

0 Karma | 7 Replies
June 23, 2009 3:56:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Gotta test this and add it too my bug list.

June 25, 2009 9:55:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I was on the other team in the battle that Elmoman describes and I can confirm that the flag didn't work properly.

I have been thinking about it since the match because somethings that involved the flag happened... My teammate started to capture the valour flag that didn't work later, but didn't capture it completely. It got recaptured later by Elmomans ally who later got "desync detected" and then disconnected. It was afer all this that Elmoman discovered that the Valour flag did not work. I do not know if this matters at all...

June 25, 2009 12:14:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Definitely seems bugged.  Quick check vs AI on Cataract:

1. Game start we both have flags, grunts 390 vs 390 hp
  2. I take AI Valor flag: grunts 480 vs 300 hp (so far so good)
  3. AI retakes their Valor back: grunts 300 vs 390 hp (BOOM!)
  4. I take it again: 390 vs 300 hp
Didn't check what would happen once they took my Valor flag, but this bug means taking Valor flag early is a big NOOOOOO!  As soon as the enemy retakes it back you're at a serous disadvantage!
Basically it seems that taking valor flag resets opposing creeps to base hp, regardless of their possesion of another Valor flag.  If this is true, taking Valor from enemy when they have 2 reduces their creep hp by 60% (probably damage too).

June 26, 2009 2:47:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Elmoman, I just realised that we played together yesterday.  It was a good game, too bad I got dropped just as in your game in the OP (weird thing is connection window was popping up for few seconds and then game would continue and I was only seeing problems to the opponents not you.  But every time the win would pop-up the timers grew so I guess at the end the game decided to drop me).

Anyway, I was paying attention and definitely the bug occured when they retook their Valor flag.  Quite a nasty bug in a game as close as that one

June 27, 2009 7:41:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I reported this bug to GPG a while ago and even included a fix. It does not look like they have added it in yet.

June 28, 2009 5:05:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And people still complain how we want too much in wanting these bugs fixed, and how it requires days of meeting in top management to decide how to fix it.... sigh

It just like noone cares.  For many of the bugs there have already been solutions provided by the community months ago that never made it into patches.

Thx for the tip Sorian...

September 30, 2009 9:45:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Resolved in 1.19.

Crap... sorry I zombied this one... meh

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000485   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.