The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod Day 2 Update!

By on April 16, 2009 8:18:07 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Impulse Version: 1.0.48
Demigod EXE version: 1.00.0093

After a long night of connection server moving around along with a new ingame connection client, we are happy to release the day 2 update.

Change log:

+ Connection dialog now allows the host to eject players trying to connect.

+ New NAT Connection Server now isolated so not affected by general server load resulting in much faster, better connectivity.

+ Eliminated check for update on launching the game

+ CVP calls asynchronous (a server hicup on our side is a lot less likely to cause users to be disconnected)

Notes:

This isn’t a silver bullet. This is basically what Demigod would have been like on day 0 (minus the eject button) if the connection server wasn’t getting pounded.

That said, we’ve noticed some issues that you should be aware of that we plan to iron out this week including:

1. Because connections happen much faster in custom games, you can occasionally end up with players in the lobby that aren’t truly connected to everyone. Their ping will be yellow (or 0). The host will need to eject one of those players and have them rejoin.

2. This update does nothing for users who are behind a firewall or router that has ports locked. See https://forums.demigodthegame.com/345345 for tips in that area.

3. Obviously this is an update that we would normally want to run through a 2 or 3 limited beta since major surgery was done to the servers to reduce their load. But we felt strongly that we needed to get a release out that showed improvement for most people.  We expect to release another update in the next few days once we can see the effect of the connection server in conditions we consider normal.

Good luck!

+912 Karma | 49 Replies
April 16, 2009 8:25:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks and sounds good. Look forward to testing it more.

Any word on the issue of playing online game then resets all your single player achievments and favor items/points?

April 16, 2009 8:26:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Congrats Frogboy and thank you

April 16, 2009 8:27:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for the information. My first impression is that this patch improve the  multiplayer gameplay a lot. Keep going this work. U can sleep next week

April 16, 2009 8:42:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Eliminated check for update on launching the game

I hope you will remember this problem for future games. BTW, this means also that people wanting to play single player game were affected by server overload. 

April 16, 2009 9:00:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow very fast response to issues well done

April 16, 2009 9:01:59 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Could we get these patch notes viewable in the View History in Impulse as in the beta? It's kinda annoying to have to trawl through these Journals for updates.

April 16, 2009 9:39:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Woot!

Great, and thank you - to everyone on the team.

April 16, 2009 9:46:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Keep up the great work.  I understand everyone's frustration at having these problems affect the game early on, but the fact that you guys have given us legitimate reasons for the problems and are open about what you're doing is a big help, not to mention your hard work trying to address the issues as fast as possible.  I'm fully convinced the game will be more stable and reliable in 2 weeks than Left 4 Dead has yet managed to be 5 months after release.

April 16, 2009 9:48:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As soon as I click Internet under the Multiplayer menu, the game locks up.

Fantastic.

April 16, 2009 9:59:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

oyea!

April 16, 2009 9:59:28 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Is there a way to dl this update on the website? because when i try to dl the update with impulse,nothing happen.

April 16, 2009 10:05:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Very impressed with this update Mr. Wardell. I just got in a 2v3 Pantheon game start to finish. The connection took a long time, but the key thing is that it worked.

April 16, 2009 10:34:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting cometes,
Is there a way to dl this update on the website? because when i try to dl the update with impulse,nothing happen.

Nope, no D/Ling from website.  Impulse should be functional however; the fact that impulse isn't working is a problem in and of itself that you should get fixed. Contact SD support.

April 16, 2009 10:38:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Tekkor,
Thanks and sounds good. Look forward to testing it more.

Any word on the issue of playing online game then resets all your single player achievments and favor items/points?

I don't know about a fix for that, but you can go to My Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Demigod and open Game.prefs in notepad.  Do a search for Points and change the value to what it should have been before it got screwed up.  Or just set it to whatever value you want.

April 16, 2009 10:38:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thanks Frog, it's nice to see you listening to our woes. 

April 16, 2009 10:48:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am happy with the progress, you guys are doing a great job.  Keep it up, but don't forget your rest.

--
Drakath

April 16, 2009 10:49:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good job guys, things looking better now, people still disconnects in the middle of the game but it takes much less time to get into MP games.   

April 16, 2009 11:19:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

good stuff

April 16, 2009 11:32:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yay more update!

April 16, 2009 11:36:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank you for posting these updates.  I don't mind at all hearing that there are problems ... these things happen.  What I do like to hear are honest and clear reports on what the resolutions will be ... it may sound cheesy, but it makes me feel included and makes me a lot less frustrated.

Neil

April 16, 2009 11:44:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

gee it most be stressful to work in stardock right now, really burning the midnight oil huh?

April 16, 2009 12:04:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Played several Pantheon 3x3's this morning (right after the patch)  Though it took a couple of minutes to find the game/players, once the 'connection info' dialog came up, it consistently finished connecting everyone within 30 seconds or so. Huzzah!

thanks, and keep up the good work.

April 16, 2009 12:22:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I know this doesnt really belong here but I miss the good old Rightclick>History ,where all your updates are listed

April 16, 2009 1:04:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks guys!

April 16, 2009 3:00:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

nice work ^^

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000688   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.