The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod Day 2 Update!

By on April 16, 2009 8:18:07 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Impulse Version: 1.0.48
Demigod EXE version: 1.00.0093

After a long night of connection server moving around along with a new ingame connection client, we are happy to release the day 2 update.

Change log:

+ Connection dialog now allows the host to eject players trying to connect.

+ New NAT Connection Server now isolated so not affected by general server load resulting in much faster, better connectivity.

+ Eliminated check for update on launching the game

+ CVP calls asynchronous (a server hicup on our side is a lot less likely to cause users to be disconnected)

Notes:

This isn’t a silver bullet. This is basically what Demigod would have been like on day 0 (minus the eject button) if the connection server wasn’t getting pounded.

That said, we’ve noticed some issues that you should be aware of that we plan to iron out this week including:

1. Because connections happen much faster in custom games, you can occasionally end up with players in the lobby that aren’t truly connected to everyone. Their ping will be yellow (or 0). The host will need to eject one of those players and have them rejoin.

2. This update does nothing for users who are behind a firewall or router that has ports locked. See https://forums.demigodthegame.com/345345 for tips in that area.

3. Obviously this is an update that we would normally want to run through a 2 or 3 limited beta since major surgery was done to the servers to reduce their load. But we felt strongly that we needed to get a release out that showed improvement for most people.  We expect to release another update in the next few days once we can see the effect of the connection server in conditions we consider normal.

Good luck!

+912 Karma | 49 Replies
April 16, 2009 3:29:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for all the hard work guys!

April 16, 2009 4:03:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

finally! because the poor multiplayer server stability almost ruined the game for me

April 16, 2009 4:31:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oy, it said a new update is available, it installed it, I started the game, tried to connect to a custom game but failed and found only one but players got bored before everyone shook hands and I went back to the main menu. Tried to get into internet multiplayer again and now it said I needed to update. 

Grrrrr, quit demigod, quit impulse, started again and now it doesn't recognize my password. Wow! The retrieve button does nothing and there's a major freeze when I click login...

WTF!!!!

April 16, 2009 4:36:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

please put arranged team pantheon in soon! it will MAKE this game.

April 16, 2009 5:04:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

it doesn't recognize my password. Wow! The retrieve button does nothing and there's a major freeze when I click login...

The servers are under heavy load at the moment, so the login is likely just timing out. We're working on it.

April 16, 2009 5:52:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Gotta add something here.  Devs, keep putting up support posts of what is happening.  Calms the panic.  Put them in GENERAL also so people can read.  It'll help.

April 16, 2009 5:53:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good job

April 16, 2009 6:00:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Agree with littleoz, sticky the update info into the general forum, might help stop the 50 'oeh noehs can't connect' threads

April 16, 2009 6:03:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thank you!

April 16, 2009 6:23:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Well it's general enough since it's showing in sins forum !

Love that general if it weren't for it I'd never would have discoverd DEMIGOD!!!!!   War is upon us

April 16, 2009 7:28:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The update has drastically helped starting games. It's not perfect and it still needs (imo) lots of work but it's a LOT better than the hours of 'no games'. The games too damned addictive to not be playing it thx.

April 16, 2009 7:32:00 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Why was this steaming pile of shit released in this condition?

This game was nowhere near ready to see the light of day, sorry.

Thank GOD a friend of mine bought it and warned me before I did.

April 16, 2009 8:03:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

it was released 5 days ahead of time thats what fcked it over

April 16, 2009 8:36:03 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Still don't like a couple of things about this game (balance and unfinished state) but now connecting to a game is quicker and I can enter a game within a minute instead of almost never. well done.

April 16, 2009 8:49:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ExecutionerFive,
Why was this steaming pile of shit released in this condition?

This game was nowhere near ready to see the light of day, sorry.

Thank GOD a friend of mine bought it and warned me before I did.

exaggeration is fun, see i can do it

ur a complete a total moron who should go die in a fire!!!

April 16, 2009 9:56:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting abluecardigan,
As soon as I click Internet under the Multiplayer menu, the game locks up.

Fantastic.

SAME! I suspect that ZoneAlarm is blocking it from connecting, since the program has changed (that is, been updated) and so is no longer being let through. Every other game at this point would allow me to shut them down, click the ZoneAlarm pop up and allow them, but Demigod is completely locking up my system and refuses to shut down.

EDIT: I shut off the ZoneAlarm firewall temporarily, ran Demigod, clicked Internet, and suddenly the popup allowing me to set Demigod as 'trusted' (that is, able to get through the firewall) was able to engage. So, should be problem solved, but what a strange fix. I didn't even know I'd be able to set a program as trusted while the firewall wasn't engaged. The login button came up so I suspect the problem is solved for me.

April 16, 2009 10:38:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've noticed a major improvement playing online tonight in terms of connectivity and crashes. I think the Demigod and Stardock team are doing a wonderful job making the best out of a difficult situation, and I hope they continue to prove the nay-sayers wrong with their hard work.

April 16, 2009 11:32:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

2. This update does nothing for users who are behind a firewall or router that has ports locked. See https://forums.demigodthegame.com/345345 for tips in that area.

Thats about it, except for myself and others, that thread and those solutions just don't help.

April 17, 2009 12:13:38 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

i feel like stardock gets surprised every time one of their games is popular..and just isn't prepared to deal with it.

You'd never see this happening with DICE or Bungie, etc. If you make a multiplayer-centric game, make the multiplayer work please. Publishers behind them being EA and MS.

April 17, 2009 12:22:37 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

This game is so dang addictive.

I know he is slow but I LOVE watching rook crush things . "TASTE MY DOOM HAMMER!"

April 17, 2009 12:38:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow...any other company and we would have had to wait at least a week to see any kind of update. Thanks!

April 17, 2009 1:57:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

excellent news

April 17, 2009 5:38:19 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Wow, its made a huge difference. Good thinking guys!

April 25, 2009 4:10:31 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

how to do i download the Demigod exe version: 1.00.0093?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001703   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.