The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Steam reviews

By on May 24, 2015 10:39:44 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1478

I think there’s a special place in hell for people who spend 90 hours playing a game only to tell others that it’s not worth playing.

Locked Post 60 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 1, 2015 7:21:27 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting redviper37,
hmm, you used some time warp for the space continuum there?

Oops...yeah. That's end of the tech tree level stuff though.

lol ok so it wasn't over 2 days. Maybe 3. I was bouncing back and forth between Gal Civ 3, Witcher 3, and Axiom Verge all in the last few days minus a day I didn't have time to play anything at all. Getting in 54 hours was pretty good for doing all that at once..lol.

June 1, 2015 7:27:22 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

the amount of psychoanalyss going into a 1 line quip is impressive here.  I was not referring to any particular review or any particular game. 

I simply think it's poor form for someone who's played a game for many many hours to go and take the time to crap on it in the steam reviews. Clearly, not everyone agrees. That's fine.  I'm not looking to convince anyone. However, strangers breathlessly trying to tell me what my motivations were for my post make a fascinating study in projection.

I think you are backpedaling somewhat now Brad.  I also saw that 90hr. review of GalCiv 3 on STEAM pretty much around the time you posted this thread.  Not to mention that at least one other in this thread has referenced that particular review.  Certainly in my opinion it is beyond discussion that the OP was in fact (at least in part) relative to that particular review of GalCiv 3.

Also, it is not poor form to review (not 'crap on') a product especially after giving it so much time to 'grow on you' / 'clean up it's act in terms of performance' etc.   As I (and others now) have (maybe exhaustively; certainly not 'breathlessly' ) pointed out, I especially want to hear from those who have given a product more than just the old college try! 

For the record you are fascinating study specimen yourself! 

June 1, 2015 7:31:11 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting MottiKhan,

IMO, we should keep the game's reasonable potential in mind when writing a review.  Not just look at it as a static entity.

I indeed took that into account when writing mine. There's lots of things, even basic things such as info screens, that Gal Civ 2 has but 3 doesn't, not to mention death stars and all those other goodies. What we should all know for sure and well take into account is of course we're going to get those same things in part 3. We just don't have them *yet*, but I calmly rest assured knowing we will.

I still haven't seen the review nor know who it was that wrote it, but, I would think a long term Stardockian or just anyone who's watched past Stardock games develop would know (or at least have a rough guestimate in their heads) as to what to expect expansion wise in the future for Gal Civ 3.

June 1, 2015 7:32:57 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting the_Monk,

I think you are backpedaling somewhat now Brad.  I also saw that 90hr. review of GalCiv 3 on STEAM pretty much around the time you posted this thread.  Not to mention that at least one other in this thread has referenced that particular review.  Certainly in my opinion it is beyond discussion that the OP was in fact (at least in part) relative to that particular review of GalCiv 3.

Also, it is not poor form to review (not 'crap on') a product especially after giving it so much time to 'grow on you' / 'clean up it's act in terms of performance' etc.   As I (and others now) have (maybe exhaustively; certainly not 'breathlessly' ) pointed out, I especially want to hear from those who have given a product more than just the old college try! 

For the record you are fascinating study specimen yourself! 

My opinion hasn't changed on the matter.  It's my opinion. It's as valid as anyone else's. I think it's a dick move.  My quip isn't about a particular review. I apply it to anyone in any game who has played the game for literal game weeks and then turns around and writes a negative review.

June 1, 2015 7:34:02 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Double post. I accidentally edited someone else's post instead of quoting.

June 1, 2015 7:35:11 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Did you delete my comment?

June 1, 2015 7:36:27 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Xan,

Did you delete my comment?

Sorry. Yes. I went to quote your post and hit the edit button and saved it. Then I couldn't remember what you had written. My apologies. 

June 1, 2015 7:38:07 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

NP. I don't remember these forums being so touchie.

June 1, 2015 7:41:13 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

This thread is just a test to see who the blind faith fan boys are.

June 1, 2015 7:46:19 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Since I'm getting rather annoyed with some of you, rather than kicking you off my forum I'm going to lock the thread.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.