The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Best Medieval Concept/Game I've seen in a while

By on December 19, 2014 8:54:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

sareth01

Join Date 08/2008
+38

Check it out boys and girls:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1601737664/melee-battlegrounds-spiritual-successor-to-the-crp?ref=nav_search

Locked Post 15 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 22, 2014 12:54:26 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Seems interesting, I've been playing this kind of game for ages if you haven't heard of it:

Mount and blade:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvsds-2d6S4

Their new one being developed:

https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord

Or chivalry?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwphGoBkUOE

December 22, 2014 3:30:54 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Oh the combat is the same in all of those, that is not what i'm talking about as the "best".  I know about MnB and Chivalry, I owned both when they first came out, the makers of melee battlegrounds are mod makers from mount and blade's famous Crpg mod, incorporating mount and blade combat systems with real time mmorpg mechanics.  It has been a lot of fun playing their mod, and melee battlegrounds is just the next logical step in increasing the scale of the mod that they have made.

What is so good about this game vs the others is that it will be massively multiplayer, effectively making mount and blade and chivalry look like what they are, simple combat systems with a large single player world on top....well chivalry doesn't even have that. 

Anyways, I am happy that you choose to make an account name after mine, it shows how much you look up to me.  

December 22, 2014 4:12:49 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting sareth01,

Anyways, I am happy that you choose to make an account name after mine, it shows how much you look up to me.  

This is my third account heh, I have tried in vain to get access to my old ones or to have them merged, I didn't even get a response to my support email :/. My first was paareth or markmid, I forget now, paareth was probably before your time

December 22, 2014 4:15:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hmm I have been on forums long enough to know that what you are saying is a flat out lie.

anyways, any other fun comments about this game?

December 22, 2014 5:45:34 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting sareth01,

Hmm I have been on forums long enough to know that what you are saying is a flat out lie.

A flat out lie? How so, do tell? And why would I lie, I emailed them and got no response. I've posted on the forums about it and got no response. If I am lying about it what does it get me exactly?  They are a great company but after all this time I am not sure exactly how I would get the issue fixed anyway, as the accounts are old, one is certainly pre the new system. I would certainly like to get another game of galciv 2 in, but for it's price of buying it again being so reduced now, I don't think it really matters.

The only possible way to confirm it might be via post or telephone now as all the details will have changed.

December 22, 2014 5:56:49 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

In fact here is one of them:

http://forums.galciv2.com/306597

Here is the other

http://forums.stardock.com/111630

Please check who you are calling a liar before you do so.

December 22, 2014 10:42:49 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

hmm well putting links like that doesn't prove anything, as anyone can link the very same things... 

As far as to what it would get you, trolls on these forums use tactics like this all the time to satisfy their needs for superiority.  I've been a character on these forums for a while, there are people who would and have targeted me for their petty campaigns.  This is either a new tactic or a genuine new interaction.

It's choose your own adventure time:

If you are a trolling whore, fuck off.

If you are legit, i'm sorry.

Pick the truth silently in your heart, no need to talk anymore on this subject, as to do so would be trolling.

December 23, 2014 1:41:50 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

No, sorry hold on, labeling people as trolling or not trolling is not your call, it's not even your job to tell people when to post or not post. Swearing at them is even less called for.

If someone has upset you in the past I am sorry, but that wasn't me, and it wasn't the next poster.

Honestly, I can comprehend what you are saying but it is so far out of my own experience these days. People's needs for superiority come about because they require a reaction from others, if someone is effectively bullying someone else, they have a need and weakness that is correct but it's down to the person they pick on to give them a reaction.  You can also look at it like they need their own ego validated by needing to be right, or needing to have a powerstruggle rather than being able to compromise on a subject. For some of them they never emotionally matured past high school, so next time you come across someone in that state of mind, bear that in mind that you are in effect dealing with a child (on whatever subject) and you'll see that many of the same responses you give a child will in fact carry more weight than an intellectual debate.

To the actual links, that's the point, I can't prove that to a mod now so what do I do? How do I get the accounts linked? I can't, answers on a post card anyone. I genuinely would like to get my galciv 2 account back.

December 23, 2014 3:17:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It's an "if" statement, I look to see if you consider it to apply to you.  If it does, then you would accept it. That's how logic works.  By posting again, you agreed that you are trolling.  I'm not determining it, you are.  You are also trolling because you refused to accept my offer to stay on track on the conversation:

If you have trouble with the moderators, ask them.  Don't hijack this thread for your own purposes.

That by definition, is a tactic of trolling.

P.S. I'll note that I don't define this, it is the community of the internet that does.  Here is a link on it: http://computer.howstuffworks.com/troll1.htm

anyways, anyone else have other fun comments about this game?

December 23, 2014 3:21:30 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting sareth01,

It's an "if" statement, I look to see if you consider it to apply to you.  If it does, then you would accept it. That's how logic works.  By posting again, you agreed that you are trolling.  I'm not determining it, you are.  You are also trolling because you refused to accept my offer to stay on track on the conversation:

If you have trouble with the moderators, ask them.  Don't hijack this thread for your own purposes.

That by definition, is a tactic of trolling.

P.S. I'll note that I don't define this, it is the community of the internet that does.  Here is a link on it: http://computer.howstuffworks.com/troll1.htm

You are trolling now, why because I said so. 

See how it doesn't work like that, arguing subjective terms we'll be here all day. Subjective labels are equally meaningless as I could bring out a dozen to fit whatever situation I liked, and I didn't start this damnable name calling either, so don't start slinging terms like liar and trolling around then blame the other poster for responding to them, or having an opinion, in this case not stooping to the level you are in making them.

I don't have a problem with the moderators, I had a problem with my accounts and my own inability to remember my passwords. I do have a problem with someone else who isn't a moderator thinking they have the right to tell me where I can and cannot post.

I would also advise you take the swearing out of the previous post before this, otherwise someone might report it. I won't bother.

Hijacking? PS you brought us to this topic.

December 23, 2014 3:28:35 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

If you were not a liar you would have accepted my apology.  Such a response could hardly be viewed as trolling.  Yet, you chose to fixate on being a lying troll whore. That is your choice.  I provided the labels, you stuck them on yourself.

December 23, 2014 3:32:48 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting sareth01,

If you were not a liar you would have accepted my apology.  Such a response could hardly be viewed as trolling.  Yet, you chose to fixate on being a lying troll whore. That is your choice.  I provided the labels, you stuck them on yourself.

No you don't get to dictate the terms of a conversation. Okay now you are reported, that's over the line. I came here for a civil discussion, actually for a bit of fun talking about medieval games, and you say I named myself after you, when I counter, you then call me a liar and a whore for a genuine issue i've had with the forums, and you wonder why people have had issues with you in the past.

You don't expect me to be angry? 

December 23, 2014 3:46:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Not really, no as you don't know me and I don't know you.  All I can do is apply logic and civil discourse and my bag of tricks for detecting and dealing with troll hijackers.  Please cease and desist your trolling immediately.  Thank you.  There are better ways to attract moderator attention to your problem, this is not one of them.

Now, back on topic:

This game sadly didn't get the kickstarter funds they needed, the makers of the game will be having another kickstarter after the holidays.  Get the word out if you like these kinds of games to all your friends!  

December 23, 2014 3:52:53 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

If you continue to call me a troll, a liar or a whore, or tell me to **** off expect me to respond indefinitely, and yes expect me to be angry, as it is not civil discourse it is insulting and rude.

December 23, 2014 4:09:45 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Enough of this nonsense.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000531   Page Render Time: