The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Elemental Status: March 2014

By on March 4, 2014 4:08:09 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1312

Lots of cool stuff going on around here.

Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes 1.6 is due out in April and there will be a new DLC released shortly after that.  It involves spouses. That’s all I’ll say.

Legendary Heroes 2.0

Also, as some of you may have heard, Legendary Heroes 2.0 has been approved and budgeted. This will be a free update of some significance.  I don’t have a due date for it yet but it does have some interesting changes in it including ZOC for monster lairs and possibly some changes with regards to the way champion inventory is handled. 

Other things on our “want” list for Legendary Heroes 2.0 include:

• Updated diplomacy options to help build longer term relations
  • More performance boosts (we’re working on redoing the way trees are handled)
  • Some tweaks to the way magic is done
  • More effective alliance handling (this is something we really want to see)
  • Some changes to the way the Spell of Making is handled

That’s just a bit of it.

Obviously, this all boils down to having enough revenue to pay for it.  The numbers for LH are quite promising.  In January, about half of LH’s revenue came from the DLC. So that’s a good sign.

Next DLC

Like I mentioned, we have new DLC coming out next month. It’s already in QA.  Kael has gone pretty crazy with it.  Anyone from the Civ IV world knows the crazy stuff Kael can do so I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised. But it’s pretty neat.

But AFTER that one I have two questions I’d like to get your views on:

1. How OFTEN do you want to see new DLC?  (Monthly, Quarterly, Every couple months, etc.)

2. What would you like to see our NEXT DLC be?

a. Stamps pack (for more random map generation interest)

b. More tactical battles maps

c. More magical spells

d. New factions

e. More loot

f. More quests

g. Something else (if it involves writing c++ code, it’s not DLC so has to be content that is downloadable).

Other sneak peeks…

Troll

image image image

Stay tuned!

196 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 29, 2014 11:01:08 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

GFireflyE: excellent and well thought out!

April 29, 2014 11:41:19 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Leo in WI,
GFireflyE: excellent and well thought out!

I've been stewing on this for a bit....really want SD to succeed because it makes LH that much better. Want it to become better than MoM.

ps. feed me karma.

April 29, 2014 11:41:42 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Well said GFireflyE a very well thought out post on the problems they have producing DLC that is seen as good value for money.

April 29, 2014 12:16:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GFireflyE,
ps. feed me karma.

lol, too late! I already had before I had even posted my reply!

April 29, 2014 3:20:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

very well said GFireflyE.

i was actually going to suggest maybe reverting to a more bi-annual expansion pack type model.. i know i would be willing to give SD more time and money for higher quality.  thats the key here - quality > quantity.  the game doesnt really need any more things, it needs more refinement.

ive been chomping through a game for days by the way.  you have an amazing platform here, and i am excited to see where the franchise goes.  but please dont leave games by the wayside in the meantime.  dont sell FE if youre not going to support it; and please put the love and attention to detail into LH that youre known for.  each game almost plays out like a good book, it's just a little unfocused.

or put all your resources into the next iteration, and just let us know that we have something spectacular to look forward to.  these DLC's just feel like theyre watering down the game.

expansion packs are cool?

April 29, 2014 3:42:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GFireflyE,

Quoting Leo in WI, reply 176GFireflyE: excellent and well thought out!

I've been stewing on this for a bit....really want SD to succeed because it makes LH that much better. Want it to become better than MoM.

ps. feed me karma.

Your love for this franchise shines in every post.  Love the ideas!!    

April 29, 2014 9:12:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Btw: GFireflyE what is the inspiration for your handle/moniker?

April 30, 2014 9:28:18 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting StevenAus,
Btw: GFireflyE what is the inspiration for your handle/moniker?

It's a 25 year evolution.

Firefly came first; was my first GI Joe b-day present to me (I think i was 7 at the time), http://generalsjoes.com/reviews/2013/retaliation/singlepacks/wave2/firefly.html (third picture down on the left hand side) So everywhere I played as a kid I was 'Firefly'. Hi-Ya!

E believe it or not stands for Elemental. Has nothing to do with stardock though. In elementry (I think it was grade 5 or 6) a couple of my friends and I wanted a team name and that's what we came up with: The Elementals. It stuck.

The G came much later. I'd prided excellent piloting skills in the game Tie Fighter shortly after it came out. (even colided with a Star Destroyer once and survived...but that's another story) However, it wasn't until the second run through the game where I achieved the highest rank of General even before the second tour (battle 2 out of 12) was completed and my friends called me 'General' for a while so that name stuck (probably right around the time of Gladiator too now that I think about it).

As time passed the name evolved until it is what you see: General Firefly Elemental.

It's too long to write everywhere though, so I shorten it to GFireflyE or GFE in many cases online.

May 2, 2014 8:02:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The Crafting System

*Blacksmith- To make items

*Enchanter- To enchant items

*Alchemist table- To make potions

*Beast den- To buy studded collars and customize your pet.

Beasts

Want bears and wolves to grow, change to bigger forms later in levels.

I want to train them with perks.

I want to put armor on them.

Better Diplomacy , and maybe AI. 

I always end up having to destroy the entire trog empire. 

I was thing maybe it would be cool if you could trade cities. And outposts.

May 18, 2014 9:21:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Coming a bit late to this conversation, sorry. With regard to what I want to see in DLC...

What I wish for more than anything else is large (the bigger the better) scale 'campaign' maps. These don't have to have any sort of heavy handed, overarching quest or anything, just something interesting to play a big freeform/sandbox game in. In Fallen Enchantress, there are all of three large maps, and one of them is bugged (to this day, never fixed). I don't remember how many there are in Legendary Heroes, as I don't play that version, seeing as how it broke my enjoyment with the change in profession/classes (single class restriction). I saw mention that there may be changes in "trees", and I am hoping there is a change that allows people to build their champions through several profession trees instead of just one. If so, I might be able to start playing Legendary Heroes and buying DLC, which I do 'not' do now, as I am quite certain it is not compatible with Fallen Enchantress.

June 1, 2014 3:01:59 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I must admit that this game has certainly grabbed me. My request is for a high score table to keep track of my game results. It would be interesting to see which of my hero's did best. 

Thanks for considering this.

July 4, 2014 11:17:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Is it just me or is that a picture of six dwarves in first post?

July 17, 2014 6:38:43 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

One of the things I think would be critical to recapturing the mom feel besides the things you've listed, is the "spell power" stat, allowing for spells to take months to cast making them feel truly epic while allowing you to have those game breaking spells, and the ability to counter those spells if you were properly equipped.

July 17, 2014 8:56:15 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting emmagine,

One of the things I think would be critical to recapturing the mom feel besides the things you've listed, is the "spell power" stat, allowing for spells to take months to cast making them feel truly epic while allowing you to have those game breaking spells, and the ability to counter those spells if you were properly equipped.

While I do love this aspect about MoM, if LH were to emulate, it would need a 'casting' screen to show which spell is being cast and how many turns till completion. In it's simplest form, this could be a production bar in the top showing how many turns are left until the spell is cast.

August 22, 2014 5:17:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

dwarfs?

July 20, 2015 12:46:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If Legendary Heroes 2.0 was approved and budgeted then where is it?

I must admit I was really looking forward to 2.0 and the planned DLC, but we only got two small DLC packs and a 1.8 patch.

Has all this been cancelled?

July 20, 2015 12:48:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Aedelric,

Has all this been cancelled?

Don't think so, Frogboy just mentioned it in a live devstream during one of the SK release streams. Mentioned the backporting of some of the things they've improved/fixed in SK back to LH.

edit: That was either the wednesday or thursday stream of last week, forget which one. You can find that on youtube, and is mentioned in the last 10 or 15 minutes I believe. You'll know it's the correct video if it is Brad and Adam, and not the normal pair of Adam and Scott.

July 20, 2015 1:00:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have not heard anything about this in a long time, not being one for watching live streams that information would have passed me by, thank you BlackSmokeDMax.

Still, would be nice to have a blog or post giving us some official details.

July 21, 2015 10:45:34 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Isn't SK basically Legendary Heroes 2?

July 22, 2015 3:30:25 PM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

Quoting Stalker0,

More like an spin off IMO

July 22, 2015 4:08:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting OliverFA_306,

Quoting Stalker0,

More like an spin off IMO

Exactly!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000750   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2015 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.