The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

What happened to Global Warming?

By on June 20, 2013 9:54:31 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

ZombiesRus5

Join Date 02/2009
+321

What happened to Global Warming?

When I put my first above ground pool in around the late 90's we were able to open it in April and start swimming in May.

Now my pool is just opened and still not warm enough to swim in

I'd like some global warming back...

2913 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 15, 2016 12:45:16 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

gotta laugh at this dude

March 15, 2016 9:44:26 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

"When I burn my toast, I don't blame the bread!"  Nice.

March 15, 2016 10:04:48 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Daiwa,

"When I burn my toast, I don't blame the bread!" Nice

love it 

March 23, 2016 5:53:41 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

OK to stow the oars, guys.  At least for now.

March 23, 2016 5:56:43 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

And about those science guys being totally apolitical, totally uninfluenced by Federal grants.

March 23, 2016 11:56:49 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Daiwa,

OK to stow the oars, guys.  At least for now.

There's just so much sea water on the planet, and it just doesn't rise like that.  We have king tides and other natural occurrences that can cause coastal flooding, but it has eff all to do with global warming.  In other words, it's all tidal and driven by the rotation of the Earth.

Quoting Daiwa,

And about those science guys being totally apolitical, totally uninfluenced by Federal grants.

If there were any honesty in this global warming farce, we wouldn't be debating it... cos there'd be NO topic to discuss.

March 24, 2016 2:38:32 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sea level is largely a product of water temperature.  Surface temperatures are nose diving in the Atlantic as the planet cools, so the level falls off again as it did in the 60's.  The Pacific has actually been cooling since the late 90's, and much to the chagrin of the people trying to explain the pause, has continued unperturbed.  It's a remarkably similar pattern all around, the 30's to 50's almost exactly mirror the last few decades in many ways across the globe.  I continue to be surprised as the massive level of deforestation and urbanization shows itself to be completely insignificant in the face of the biosphere's self regulation.

March 24, 2016 9:17:53 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Wait, what?  That's where all the global warming has gone, psycho.  Remember... into the deep ocean?  Water expands when it warms up, remember?  And when it finally boils over, we're gonna be in a heap o' trouble.

March 24, 2016 2:05:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Alas, they've debunked their own claims with the falling sea levels.  They claimed a while back that the pause was a result of the oceans drawing in more heat, but the surface cooling is accelerating and sea levels are falling, so it can't be true.

If sea levels weren't falling, it would make more sense.  The dynamics of how fast they're turning water under make a big impact on surface temperatures, we've got that going on in the Atlantic big time, but it's still resulting in lower sea levels, so the average water temperature is falling as well.  The 0-700m heat content is dropping pretty substantially world wide.

March 24, 2016 11:47:00 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The whole point of it is, it'd take more than a rise of 1c - 2c, etc, to expand such huge volumes of water to any conceivable extent.  Even if temperatures were to rise by 5c - 6c, sea levels are not likely to rise in line with the 'theorists' predictions of Manhattan being under water and the UK disappearing altogether.

Seriously, who do these wankers think they're fooling?  Yeah, there are a lot of naive believers, but they will soon believe differently when the planet itself produces irrefutable proof that global warming is a bunch of crap to get more of their money.

March 25, 2016 2:12:05 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The expansion gained by the oceans each year may be in the thousandths per degree, but you're looking at sea level changes of a few millimeters.  It's sorta easy to get there with hundreds of meters of water to work with.  A slight change in the overall temperature can have a pretty big swing on trends that small.

March 25, 2016 8:14:10 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting psychoak,

A slight change in the overall temperature can have a pretty big swing on trends that small.

Let's not contribute to the bullshit theory that has global warmists predicting huge sea level rises that'll inundate coastal regions world wide.  yes, there will be periods of high sea levels due to tidal changes and the motion of the Earth, but these are/will be normal fluctuations and will not have the 'devastating' impact contributors to the global warming say.

When the public... er, majority of people realise the whole thing is a scam to acquire more of its money, that's when it'll die in the arse and the human race can stop living in fear.  Hopefully the planet kicks these bastards to the kerb with real evidence before executions become necessary to rid humanity of these worthless scaremongers.

March 30, 2016 8:38:56 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

More video game science.  You'll never guess the prediction.  Nah.

March 30, 2016 11:36:58 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Daiwa,

More video game science. You'll never guess the prediction. Nah.

Must be getting some Arctic winds down here in Oz.... I'm sat here shivering and shaking uncontrollably.

Yup, I could do with a bit of global warming right about now... something to warm the cobbles of me heart.

And I don't even believe in global warming.

Oh, wait a minute, Shaunna tells me I'm not shivering, but that I'm actually shaking in shock that yet another pair of idiot scientists have loaded up their computers with effed up data to come up with yet another bullshit model to scare the crap out of GW believers, the gullible, fools and others with an innocent naivety.

In fact, I dunno we can wait for the planet to provide contradictory evidence.... and that a couple of scare-monger GW scientists be summarily executed forthwith so they're made an example before the rest of 'em.

April 4, 2016 2:40:17 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

If you can't persuade with the facts, criminalize those who disagree with you.

Is this a great country or what?

April 5, 2016 4:29:49 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Daiwa,

Seriously, I can't believe the lengths to which these bastards will go to force 'climate change'/'global warming' upon the world.  Truly, the idea of prosecutions and fines for non-believers is the most outrageous and anti-social thing I have heard of in decades.  I do see the whole thing ending in violence, with government and vested interests deeming non-believers as anarchists, thus opening the door to unprecedented [non-war] interventions in the modern world.  People should be imprisoned or executed for REAL crimes, yes, but this panel of AGs - these self-appointed judges, juries and executioners -  is just the beginning of much, much worse to come... henchmen and dictatorships operating within so-called demacracies.

For mine, this proves the entire debacle is about money and political/corporate power.  It's an attack on fossil fuel industries and those invested in them; eg, namely the political opposition and those who support it.  Like politics and religion, which should remain separate at all time, politics and 'global warming' should be kept well apart, with no government monies ever funding 'research' and/or ongoing studies.  If corporations want to fight over it, let 'em have at it.

It is becoming a sad, sad, sad world... and getting sadder all the time.

April 5, 2016 1:07:41 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

We really not going to have to worry about it untill they fix the problem. If they do and it cools back off then we will become an ice planet. I'm not talking about an ice age.

April 12, 2016 11:48:40 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Daiwa,

Is this a great country or what?

To be fair - both major political parties have used the 'criminalize' tag to support unproven 'facts' about fellow citizens.  Just look at the enormous number of anti-[non-conforming citizen] laws >already enacted< and enforced in many states under the guise of 'heritage' or religious freedom.  [cf. fundamentalist Christian style sharia laws by many state legislatures, even some overturning more freedom enhancing local ordinances.]

Yes, a great county, because we are not (yet?) slaughtering people who disagree with us.  Except, of course, the righteous Christian warriors who murder OBGYN Doctors who don't conform to Christian style Sharia laws regarding women's rights to control their bodies.  In may other countries, making this post would put me on several hit lists - perhaps even the government's - but here in the good 'ol U$A, it supports discussions.  Even emotionally difficult discussions.  I just have to be careful which states I visit.  Very careful.

April 12, 2016 12:50:52 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

No offense, but I don't buy your premise or comparison, Elana.

And I promise not to push for a law making you a criminal for having an opinion different than mine.

April 12, 2016 3:33:05 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

That's a pretty good fit for the topic, really...

AGW and "a woman's right to choose" are equally absurd arguments by absolutists justifying violations of basic human rights on the premise that we're actually protecting them.  It's done an equally effective snow job, as evidenced by the morally repugnant comparison above.  The systematic enslavement of women in a culture that treats them worse than they do animals, gets put on an equal footing with Christianity, which kills less than one person every two years in a country of 300 million, over the murder of thousands of babies who have had functioning brains for months when their disgrace of a human being for a mother has a monster kill them.  If it's not going to kill you, and it wont be born a a brain dead invalid or something, carry the damned thing to term and put it up for adoption by one of the millions of couples who've spent years trying to get one.

April 12, 2016 8:05:29 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Come on, psycho...  stop holding back.

April 12, 2016 8:37:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It's just so hard to be blunt about difficult subjects!

More seriously, I really am holding back, deleted most of this post too...

I'm fucking pissed.

April 12, 2016 9:52:33 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting psychoak,

I'm fucking pissed.

I'm betting you didn't know that in Australia that just means you're drunk as a skunk... [phrase is more commonly "pissed to the eyeballs"]

Probably best to 'hold back' on the topic as it's really the realm of those strange frequenters of Joe User and would likely see the thread relocated or closed or both.

April 12, 2016 11:04:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Pissed = drunk is pretty common even over here.

April 12, 2016 11:42:30 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting psychoak,

Pissed = drunk is pretty common even over here.

What about:

1: Pissed as a cricket?

2: Pissed as a nit?

3: Paralytically Pissed?

4: Maggoted?  Means unable to stand drunk.

5: Pissed as a parrot?

On another note:

1: Mad as a meat axe = stark raving mad.

2: Peculiar as a pungent pickle = something's a bit off about him/her.

3:A spew in technicolour = rainbow coloured upchuck.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time: