The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

3 Favorite Features of WindowFX 5

By on May 9, 2012 12:02:46 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+759

I’ve been playing around with WindowFX 5 a lot this week, and although there’s many cool features in it, I wanted to highlight 3 of my favorites that I have found useful.  WindowFX 5 is currently in beta and more info can be found here.

http://www.stardock.com/products/windowfx/

Darken Inactive Windows

This is a feature I don’t think you will turn off once you start using it.  Enabling this feature will make the windows under the active window darken so you can focus more on the active window.  You can control the level of darkness, and there’s even an option to blur the background.

Windows 7 x64-2012-05-09-11-35-58

Automatic Minimizing of Inactive Windows

This is found in the same settings as the darken windows setting.  This is a pretty simple feature, but is great for people who like to keep a clean desktop.  This will automatically minimize inactive windows after a set amount of time.

5-9-2012 11-44-17 AM

Right Click Menu

When this function is enabled you get many new options when right-clicking a window.  You can set a variety of options such as individual window transparency, pinning to top, size control, etc..

5-9-2012 11-51-12 AM

Locked Post 8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 9, 2012 12:17:49 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I have the Darken inactive windows set to use the desktop . . making everything not in focus transparent.

And I friggin' LOVE Window flicks!

And yeah, I'm still opening and closing the start panel because it makes me smile.

May 9, 2012 10:14:43 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I use 'Pin on Top' about every 15 minutes.  That, combined with transparency make my life so much nicer.

It's the little things...  

May 10, 2012 12:24:11 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Wow.... these features... I didn´t know

-Suddenly I wanna havit !!!

What Beautiful Screenshots one could make for your Blinds when uploading a new one.

THANX Spence

May 10, 2012 1:32:11 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm still playing around with it so it's hard to say...everything is just so cool. You guys hit this one out of the park!

May 10, 2012 8:42:15 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Great app, love it!

May 20, 2012 6:02:14 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It would be great if the window dimming feature could be time-delayed in a similar way to the inactive windows being minimised. 

May 22, 2012 6:20:20 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Most cool indeed!

For multimonitor users, I recommend trying "Make inactive windows transparent" instead of darkening them.  This allows you to still see whatever else is going on while still highlighting the task at hand.

Along with this, I use "Fade windows to semi transparent when moving and sizing them" on the Movement tab.

The combination of this with my all glass windowblinds, windows momentum, and wobbly windows means I have a lot of very pretty "minority report" style glass windows sliding around in cool and fancy ways!

ALL thanks to Stardock!  

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000109   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.