The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

An old-school RPG game set in the world of SHADOWRUN will be made (in case someone doesn't know)

By on April 26, 2012 2:51:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental ForumsExternal Link

Jordan Weisman, the creator of Shadowrun, is back and Shadowrun Returns (for Apple & Android tablets and PCs) is the game that Shadowrun fans have been waiting for a long time. A graphically rich 2D turn-based single player game with deep story interaction, meaningful character development, and highly-contextual tactical combat, Shadowrun Returns is not only going to make some old geeks (like us) very happy but it will introduce new players to a dynamic gaming universe that is beloved around the world. 

They have a Kickstarter project: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613260297/shadowrun-returns. Only 60 53 42 39 18 11 6 0 hours left to back it. For $15 you will get (by means of digital distribution) a full game on release (estimated delivery: Jan 2013).

I've never played a Shadowrun game (video or pen&paper), nor read a Shadowrun book, but this world sounds very exciting: "The game world’s origin story mashes-up the dystopian Cyberpunk future of a Blade Runner with the high fantasy creatures and races of a Lords of the Rings in an organic way that produces iconic characters, environments, and situations."

edit: So the project has been successful. They've got $1,895,772 (including PayPal donations) (they wanted only $400,000). Nice. Now we wait for the full game.

+6 Karma | 8 Replies
April 26, 2012 3:07:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I have the original RPG book for Shadowrun still, though I don't really play pen & paper RPG I was sucked into the universe. I've read the novels they released and played (still have) the Sega version of Shadowrun.

Would love if an old school 2d RPG to come out that's set in the Shadowrun universe. 

Never heard of kickstarter before, but glad to see they exceeded their goal. Sorry, no pledge from me though...

April 26, 2012 3:37:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I loved the shadowrun setting, didn't care much for the game itself. Hopefully they can make it a great game.

April 26, 2012 3:45:14 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Heavenfall,
I loved the shadowrun setting, didn't care much for the game itself. Hopefully they can make it a great game.

True the game was sub-par at best. But like a bad movie I was drawn to it

April 26, 2012 7:43:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ZombiesRus5,
Never heard of kickstarter before

Crowd funding is a very interesting idea. Look at all these games (can still be founded) and these (already founded).

April 26, 2012 8:07:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Speaking of Shadow Run RPGs ... it really makes me want a 40k 4X for some reason.

April 27, 2012 3:48:47 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Tasunke,
Speaking of Shadow Run RPGs ... it really makes me want a 40k 4X for some reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJfV0Cpm0Dw&feature=related

maybe some 1 make mod for FE (like this game or chaos gate)

April 27, 2012 10:52:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i played th shadowrun on xbox 360 demo....i might have to look into this.....

April 28, 2012 3:17:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Bump. Only 11 hours left to back the project.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.