The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod makes the world a better place?

yes!

By on March 22, 2012 9:42:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums External Link

JUSThaveFUN

Join Date 08/2009
+20

Hey guys it's Zen_God again. And this time I'm not offering but asking for your full support on this one. I started a movement called "Zen_God". More about it you can find on the site (copy paste) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zen_God/310293755704106 or click on the external link.

LIKE THIS!

Now how does that have anything to do with Demigod? Believe it or not, Demigod made me a better human being. Other Demigod fanatics have so too. Every game is accepted except video games in our society. I want to change this as part of the "Zen_God" movement to make the world a better place and will use Demigod as my personal example.

So before my post goes live on "Zen_God" I want your guys opinions, fears, ideas, worries and support if you feel the same way I do

Don't forget to like it on the facebook site

Mission statement:

Always made a better world inside my head. Today make a better world for everyone's head. Like this facebook page, spread the movement of making a better world, and comment whatever you think is right.
Biography

Zen_God – You and Us

Zen_God wants to make the world a better place. Zen_God does so by creating a platform to express serious issues in a fun matter. It is from utter importance to keep it short, interesting, and simple in order to compete with the other flashy media that is overwhelming important detailed issues.
However, each issue approached by the Zen_God movement will provide links to more detailed information. Most of the links will lead to role model individuals and organizations, that are contacted by the Zen_God movement.
Zen_God's slogan is: You and Us. Every one may express anything on their mind on the Zen_God page, daily live stream, YouTube channel, twitter, etc. The Zen_God movement will collect all ideas and speak in one voice for those that are using its platforms.

“We want to have fun and laugh, but want to keep the topics serious and important to speed up the betterment of the world”

“Everyone agrees when asked: We want the world to become a better place and make things right. Rarely, however, anyone agrees on how to do so. Zen_God steps in to combine the world's wishes with actual practical applications for everyone.”

For the detail lovers:
-Come up with your own ideas of how to make the world a better place.
-post your opinions on the posts on this page. BE HONEST!
-Make the world aware of this page to have an impact through Zen_God's voice with this link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zen_God/310293755704106
-Follow Zen_God on twitter: ZenGod2012

You cannot defeat the Zen_God

Locked Post 103 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 22, 2012 9:42:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

NT

March 22, 2012 11:13:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

side note - zen - check your link to facebook. I couldn't get it to load but was able to after I copied and pasted it.  No idea why.

edit - to clarify - The "external link" works fine.  The link in your op does not.  You can get there at any rate.

March 23, 2012 4:20:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh, boy. That's going to be somewhat harsh.

The idea underlying it all is probably noble, but, by and large, totally incomprehensible (way too generalistic). Your heart is clearly in the right place, but you - let's face it - lack both brains and charisma to pull it off. The text also strikes me as being very narcissistic/egocentric. Only an unexperienced good boy coming from a bourgeois family of means can take it all seriously. I. e., someone who has never faced a real life-or-death problem in his whole life. Not once.

As someone who was born and raised under a totalitarian regime (former USSR), and serves in the military - in a country where military actually fights enemies non-stop (Israel) - since the age of 18, no wonder I find your formless egotistic naivete offensive. 

Stick to your UB FAQ, Zen.

March 23, 2012 7:57:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMGIN1,
Oh, boy. That's going to be somewhat harsh.

The idea underlying it all is probably noble, but, by and large, totally incomprehensible (way too generalistic). Your heart is clearly in the right place, but you - let's face it - lack both brains and charisma to pull it off. The text also strikes me as being very narcissistic/egocentric. Only an unexperienced good boy coming from a bourgeois family of means can take it all seriously. I. e., someone who has never faced a real life-or-death problem in his whole life. Not once.

As someone who was born and raised under a totalitarian regime (former USSR), and serves in the military - in a country where military actually fights enemies non-stop (Israel) - since the age of 18, no wonder I find your formless egotistic naivete offensive. 

Stick to your UB FAQ, Zen.

I'm so glad I found  someone actually that does not like what I am doing and speaks out. I won't stop though. I would like to get in touch with you in skype. my name is wanbli1. It seems you have a harsh story yourself and know that the world is not right. I want to spend the time to listen to your story and work on how to make the site less egocentric looking for people that have had such terrible experiences. I hope you will at least give me a chance, that's all I'm asking for.

March 24, 2012 12:32:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Zen - wanted to provide some constructive criticism.  Currently, your facebook page isn't really saying all that much.  You posted a video indicating that something is wrong with the world.  I think if you ask pretty much any human being, we'd all agree to that.  So, stating the obvious is really like me releasing a video indicating that in my time zone, it is now Saturday, 3/24/2012. 

The important thing is to try to develop your ideas a little more and then present them. I'll try to clarify a bit referring to your fb page.

The comments listed under artist don't really make a lot of sense.  Then you have a post indicating that you are not running for president, but for the world's voice.  This also doesn't make a lot of sense... here's the vid you linked to..

Anyway, by looking through your facebook page more, I can see that one of (if not all of) your causes are supporting illegal aliens.  Yet, you don't really provide that much insight as to why you want to do this and why others should as well.  You simply indicate that you know these folks and that "@ 2 lawyers, 1 activist, a mother and a son trying to make a difference and talking to the senators.  Furthermore, real people that are of illegal status making real politics!"

In short, there's just not a lot of detail.  I'd really strongly suggest trying to flesh out some of these ideas a little more.  And also, I understand that you are trying to drive up interest, but not too many of us are fans of getting spam links to things asking for us to like stuff.  For instance, you know I've been reading this thread and saw your link, but you also decided to shoot me the link in LoL today.  To me, that means you are likely just spamming everyone in your pal list (as you already know I looked at this). 

Anyway, all of that said, try to develop your message.  If you need help, let me (or us) know.  I really don't want to discourage you, but here's the basic premises on getting folks attention.  Create the content that is worthy of attention.  Then attract attention.  You have a sphere of influence in Demigod land.  That means that quite a few folks will check out something you post.  Same thing would happen if I created a semi interesting forum post and urged folks to check out the link I posted.  That said, its a waste if there is nothing all that engaging on the link.  You end up becoming the guy that just wants folks to like his stuff on facebook. And I, and many like me, end up becoming the folks that eventually don't bother to check out your links.  So, I'd take some time and develop your facebook page a little more by trying to explain what you are all about and why.  THEN get to advertising. 

March 24, 2012 5:12:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Agreed on all points. Pacov obviously sees the very same flaws I see, he's only a bit more diplomatic about it.

March 24, 2012 7:23:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,
Zen - wanted to provide some constructive criticism.  Currently, your facebook page isn't really saying all that much.  You posted a video indicating that something is wrong with the world.  I think if you ask pretty much any human being, we'd all agree to that.  So, stating the obvious is really like me releasing a video indicating that in my time zone, it is now Saturday, 3/24/2012. 

The important thing is to try to develop your ideas a little more and then present them. I'll try to clarify a bit referring to your fb page.

The comments listed under artist don't really make a lot of sense.  Then you have a post indicating that you are not running for president, but for the world's voice.  This also doesn't make a lot of sense... here's the vid you linked to..

Anyway, by looking through your facebook page more, I can see that one of (if not all of) your causes are supporting illegal aliens.  Yet, you don't really provide that much insight as to why you want to do this and why others should as well.  You simply indicate that you know these folks and that "@ 2 lawyers, 1 activist, a mother and a son trying to make a difference and talking to the senators.  Furthermore, real people that are of illegal status making real politics!"

In short, there's just not a lot of detail.  I'd really strongly suggest trying to flesh out some of these ideas a little more.  And also, I understand that you are trying to drive up interest, but not too many of us are fans of getting spam links to things asking for us to like stuff.  For instance, you know I've been reading this thread and saw your link, but you also decided to shoot me the link in LoL today.  To me, that means you are likely just spamming everyone in your pal list (as you already know I looked at this). 

Anyway, all of that said, try to develop your message.  If you need help, let me (or us) know.  I really don't want to discourage you, but here's the basic premises on getting folks attention.  Create the content that is worthy of attention.  Then attract attention.  You have a sphere of influence in Demigod land.  That means that quite a few folks will check out something you post.  Same thing would happen if I created a semi interesting forum post and urged folks to check out the link I posted.  That said, its a waste if there is nothing all that engaging on the link.  You end up becoming the guy that just wants folks to like his stuff on facebook. And I, and many like me, end up becoming the folks that eventually don't bother to check out your links.  So, I'd take some time and develop your facebook page a little more by trying to explain what you are all about and why.  THEN get to advertising. 
will do. For the detailed information, I will always provide links to the pages of each topic I put on my site.

for the illegal immigrants the link is at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kentucky-Undocumented-Youth-Alliance-KUYA/247048435373320

maybe I have to make it more clear so people can see it right away

also I indicated that I am an artist. So a lot of things won't make a lot of sense at first glance, but if you think about it they do

Maybe we can skype, so you can give me better input and I understand better your points

March 24, 2012 8:28:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Shane M (8:22): Lol **** you. I agree with In1. You're such a narcissistic little bastard. Your naivety astounds me. Housewives will tell tales of your stupidity to  their children for generations upon generation.
ZenGod (8:22): ok
   can you put that into constructive criticism?
    (8:27): at least you're funny, housewives telling tales

March 24, 2012 12:12:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting JUSThaveFUN,
Shane M (8:22): Lol **** you. I agree with In1. You're such a narcissistic little bastard. Your naivety astounds me. Housewives will tell tales of your stupidity to  their children for generations upon generation.

Lols, that wasn't me, I was drinking with some friends last night and one of them wrote that. It was StanVee from LoL.

March 24, 2012 12:16:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah? And how come that LoL guy is not only aware of my reaction, but also calls me IN1, not OMGIN1 or whatever he would have called me if he just followed the link to this forum, huh? 

March 24, 2012 12:23:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting GM-McShane87,

Quoting JUSThaveFUN, reply 8Shane M (8:22): Lol **** you. I agree with In1. You're such a narcissistic little bastard. Your naivety astounds me. Housewives will tell tales of your stupidity to  their children for generations upon generation.

Lols, that wasn't me, I was drinking with some friends last night and one of them wrote that. It was StanVee from LoL.

How about you like my page then? http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zen_God/310293755704106

March 24, 2012 12:32:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

He's just ashamed to admit in public he hates the little dumb arrogant shit you are, I guess.

March 24, 2012 1:55:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMGIN1,
He's just ashamed to admit in public he hates the little dumb arrogant shit you are, I guess.
hmm apparently. So what about that skype call?

March 24, 2012 8:51:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
March 25, 2012 7:01:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well guys any opinions on how demigod makes/made the world a better place?

March 25, 2012 8:25:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Mission statement:
Always made a better world inside my head. Today make a better world for everyone's head. Like this facebook page, spread the movement of making a better world, and comment whatever you think is right.
Biography

Zen_God wants to make the world a better place. Zen_God does that by posting role model organizations or indivduals. However, Zen_God uses the short showbusiness style to keep it interesting and fun to make the world right.

For the detail lovers:
-Come up with your own ideas of how to make the world a better place.
-post your opinions on the posts on this page. BE HONEST!
-Make the world aware of this page to have an impact through Zen_God's voice with this link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zen_God/310293755704106
-Follow Zen_God on twitter: ZenGod2012

You cannot defeat the Zen_God

March 25, 2012 9:57:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
March 26, 2012 8:23:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

jibba jabba

March 26, 2012 10:18:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

When I think about it. I always considered Zen a type of Demi god, god.

March 26, 2012 11:53:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hehe 

March 26, 2012 8:47:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

dat mr t lol

March 27, 2012 12:09:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hehe - i hope you don't take any offense (as none is meant).  I just love Mr. T saying Jibba Jabba. 

March 27, 2012 12:20:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

When I think about it. I always considered Zen a type of Demi god, god. 

Yeah, kiss his arse! Feed his vanity some more. The only thing that I find positive about Zen is his skill with the UB, and that's a very minor plus in a real-life context, to be sure. Then again, that's much more than could be said about you, Maulkin, so perhaps your worshipping attitude is only a logical outcome.

March 27, 2012 12:26:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting JUSThaveFUN,
I'm so glad I found someone actually that does not like what I am doing and speaks out. I won't stop though. I would like to get in touch with you in skype. my name is wanbli1. It seems you have a harsh story yourself and know that the world is not right. I want to spend the time to listen to your story and work on how to make the site less egocentric looking for people that have had such terrible experiences. I hope you will at least give me a chance, that's all I'm asking for.

Side note - zen seems to welcome it for some reason, so I won't sensor it, but that said, I know you are an intelligent fellow in1, perhaps you'd be willing to provide some additional thoughtful criticism for zen instead of tearing into maulkin?  I'm curious if you joined in on one of his broadcasts or skyped with him and what your take was. 

For me, I've only popped into one or 2 of his live broadcasts and then moved onto whatever else I was into that evening.  I haven't really observed much outside of my original comments to add all that much (outside of silly mr T videos). 

March 27, 2012 12:36:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I will try and listen in next time this stream thing is going but I couldn't really get much of a take from the profile.

Zen, if you are talking about making a difference in the world have you thought about putting some time into Amnesty International, Greenpeace or any of the many other established organizations that see "problems" in the world and try to tackle them in some meaningful way?

Or, if this is about "perception" I think maybe some utopian novels such as Brave New World or 1984 may let you find some common ground in subject matter in regards to the problems that others have seen in humanity (and government ideals).

If it is neither of these two, or I am way off can someone explain the concept to me please.

Good luck either way.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000766   Page Render Time: