The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod makes the world a better place?

yes!

By on March 22, 2012 9:42:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod ForumsExternal Link

Hey guys it's Zen_God again. And this time I'm not offering but asking for your full support on this one. I started a movement called "Zen_God". More about it you can find on the site (copy paste) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zen_God/310293755704106 or click on the external link.

LIKE THIS!

Now how does that have anything to do with Demigod? Believe it or not, Demigod made me a better human being. Other Demigod fanatics have so too. Every game is accepted except video games in our society. I want to change this as part of the "Zen_God" movement to make the world a better place and will use Demigod as my personal example.

So before my post goes live on "Zen_God" I want your guys opinions, fears, ideas, worries and support if you feel the same way I do

Don't forget to like it on the facebook site

Mission statement:

Always made a better world inside my head. Today make a better world for everyone's head. Like this facebook page, spread the movement of making a better world, and comment whatever you think is right.
Biography

Zen_God – You and Us

Zen_God wants to make the world a better place. Zen_God does so by creating a platform to express serious issues in a fun matter. It is from utter importance to keep it short, interesting, and simple in order to compete with the other flashy media that is overwhelming important detailed issues.
However, each issue approached by the Zen_God movement will provide links to more detailed information. Most of the links will lead to role model individuals and organizations, that are contacted by the Zen_God movement.
Zen_God's slogan is: You and Us. Every one may express anything on their mind on the Zen_God page, daily live stream, YouTube channel, twitter, etc. The Zen_God movement will collect all ideas and speak in one voice for those that are using its platforms.

“We want to have fun and laugh, but want to keep the topics serious and important to speed up the betterment of the world”

“Everyone agrees when asked: We want the world to become a better place and make things right. Rarely, however, anyone agrees on how to do so. Zen_God steps in to combine the world's wishes with actual practical applications for everyone.”

For the detail lovers:
-Come up with your own ideas of how to make the world a better place.
-post your opinions on the posts on this page. BE HONEST!
-Make the world aware of this page to have an impact through Zen_God's voice with this link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zen_God/310293755704106
-Follow Zen_God on twitter: ZenGod2012

You cannot defeat the Zen_God

+20 Karma | 103 Replies
March 27, 2012 1:01:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Gladly. I'll try to elaborate after I get back home today.

PS: Tearing into Maulkin is imperative.

March 27, 2012 5:35:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMGIN1,
When I think about it. I always considered Zen a type of Demi god, god. 

Yeah, kiss his arse! Feed his vanity some more. The only thing that I find positive about Zen is his skill with the UB, and that's a very minor plus in a real-life context, to be sure. Then again, that's much more than could be said about you, Maulkin, so perhaps your worshipping attitude is only a logical outcome.

I wun against you yesterday didnt I In1? Even drunk! And I played Oak! Hehehe.

Why cant you love me. Lets play!

March 27, 2012 5:36:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMGIN1,
Gladly. I'll try to elaborate after I get back home today.

PS: Tearing into Maulkin is imperative.

Thats it. Gonna tell Cartman that you are not nice! He will sit on you!

March 27, 2012 6:51:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

cartmans answer: http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/210/119/+_2acc5a8841f8752904d37f90a8014829.png

March 27, 2012 7:16:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

He will Minotaur Berserker-rush me, you mean.

March 27, 2012 7:57:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting doggu,
I will try and listen in next time this stream thing is going but I couldn't really get much of a take from the profile.

Zen, if you are talking about making a difference in the world have you thought about putting some time into Amnesty International, Greenpeace or any of the many other established organizations that see "problems" in the world and try to tackle them in some meaningful way?

Or, if this is about "perception" I think maybe some utopian novels such as Brave New World or 1984 may let you find some common ground in subject matter in regards to the problems that others have seen in humanity (and government ideals).

If it is neither of these two, or I am way off can someone explain the concept to me please.

Good luck either way.

Those are all great organizations. The only issue I see is that they get so big and have so many people that they lose the uniqueness of being simple. However I'd love to get in contact with those organizations, and maybe in the future when the Zen_God movement establishes itself I would love to get input from exactly those organizations and put them on the Zen_God page.

March 27, 2012 7:58:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting aA_reggird,

cartmans answer: http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/210/119/+_2acc5a8841f8752904d37f90a8014829.png

wahahaha

March 27, 2012 8:52:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting JUSThaveFUN,

Quoting aA_reggird,
reply 29

wahahaha

Ok that hurt!

March 27, 2012 9:44:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ah come on in the end we all lova ya

March 27, 2012 10:16:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm curious if you joined in on one of his broadcasts or skyped with him and what your take was. 

No. I wasn't that curious.

Look, the short version of my views on the subject is phrased rather adequately in my first comment in this thread. That is, I prefer to think Zen is a dumb poorly educated idealist (brains = bad; heart = good), rather than he's shamelessly promoting himself because his motivation is cynically material (brains = okay; heart = utter shit). 

What can he do to make his page/broadcasts/piles of generalistic well-intended crap better? First of all, to be taken seriously, one must present his views in a way that is not just heartfelt, but also somewhat competent. What area of expertise am I referring to? Mostly history, literature, and political philosophy. You must know, e. g.,  what Machiavelli wrote, what Rousseau wrote, etc., before you can even commence to formulate your own opinion on what way and for what reason this world is fucked-up. To rush into it this way, blindly, is preposterously naive and - in this particular case - chock-full of unwarranted pomp by a spoilt teenager brat assuming he can make a difference because, you know, he's good at MOBA-type videogaming.

Honestly, I don't know where to start with Zen. He really needs some basic academical training in human sciences first. That leftist shit our friend doggu is so heartily recommending (the talentless prick Orwell, for instance) is no substitute for being objectively - as far as it is possible - analytical. By being objectively analytical I mean the process of accumulating different views and facts, then processing them to draw your own conclusions, not sticking fanatically to one view, be it Quran, Che Guevara's letters, or Orwell's "1984".

March 27, 2012 10:53:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMGIN1,
I'm curious if you joined in on one of his broadcasts or skyped with him and what your take was. 

No. I wasn't that curious.

Look, the short version of my views on the subject is phrased rather adequately in my first comment in this thread. That is, I prefer to think Zen is a dumb poorly educated idealist (brains = bad; heart = good), rather than he's shamelessly promoting himself because his motivation is cynically material (brains = okay; heart = utter shit). 

What can he do to make his page/broadcasts/piles of generalistic well-intended crap better? First of all, to be taken seriously, one must present his views in a way that is not just heartfelt, but also somewhat competent. What area of expertise am I referring to? Mostly history, literature, and political philosophy. You must know, e. g.,  what Machiavelli wrote, what Rousseau wrote, etc., before you can even commence to formulate your own opinion on what way and for what reason this world is fucked-up. To rush into it this way, blindly, is preposterously naive and - in this particular case - chock-full of unwarranted pomp by a spoilt teenager brat assuming he can make a difference because, you know, he's good at MOBA-type videogaming.

Honestly, I don't know where to start with Zen. He really needs some basic academical training in human sciences first. That leftist shit our friend doggu is so heartily recommending (the talentless prick Orwell, for instance) is no substitute for being objectively - as far as it is possible - analytical. By being objectively analytical I mean the process of accumulating different views and facts, then processing them to draw your own conclusions, not sticking fanatically to one view, be it Quran, Che Guevara's letters, or Orwell's "1984".
Believe it or not I can tell you to each historic person and thinker you put on here exactly what they did and what their take on the world is.

Maybe you have to criticize yourself for once, because you are assuming I have no academic skills because I am a professional gamer. But that is wrong. I've studied at various elite schools and am just about to finish my college degree.

If you could talk to me in skype you might take a lot of the things you said on this forum back and rethink your opinion. This is only possible if you give it a shot and actually come talk to me on my show. Of course no one will force you to do that. And that's fine too. Anyone can have a set opinion about someone else without actually knowing that person. The question is, is that the right way to do it?

March 27, 2012 11:14:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Elite, eh? The only thing you are elite at is your over-inflated ego.

Anyway, if you have any sort of education/brain, you must conceal it pretty well. Let's just say that if the best idea you can squeeze out of yourself after reading some serious political philosophy treatises is that pile of generalistic unfocused rubbish... My deepest condolescences.

March 27, 2012 11:33:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMGIN1,
Elite, eh? The only thing you are elite at is your over-inflated ego.

Anyway, if you have any sort of education/brain, you must conceal it pretty well. Let's just say that if the best idea you can squeeze out of yourself after reading some serious political philosophy treatises is that pile of generalistic unfocused rubbish... My deepest condolescences.

and who are you to judge and give me your deepest condolences, your ego?

March 27, 2012 12:01:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting JUSThaveFUN,
ah come on in the end we all lova ya

Seams like alot of people dont like me . I think it cause I talk before I think!

March 27, 2012 12:04:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Maulkin,

Quoting JUSThaveFUN, reply 34ah come on in the end we all lova ya

Seams like alot of people dont like me . I think it cause I talk before I think!
which is an important skill a lot of people have lost but of course you have to master thinking first and then talking just as well

March 27, 2012 12:34:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

and who are you to judge and give me your deepest condolences, your ego?

You seem to have a short memory span. Quoting your own post:

-post your opinions on the posts on this page. BE HONEST!

That is my opinion. And I am honest. Either remove the request to be honest from the OP, you hypocrite, or take whatever criticism comes your way like a grown-up.

March 27, 2012 6:13:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

He gave you license to critique his idea and give an honest opinion if he is doing a good job / doing the right thing / what he should be doing better. Not to insult his character. If you post a Sedna build and say "post your opinions. BE HONEST" that doesn't give me a free pass to say choice words about you and insult your education. Don't act like you don't know it or that you've gone past "socially acceptable norms". 

Also, that isn't hypocrisy. Hypocrisy is accusing people of being arrogant and calling it "bad", while being arrogant yourself. heh. Or telling people to take whatever criticism comes your way like a grown-up and then you don't take criticism well at all either. heh.

March 27, 2012 6:20:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Since everyone is insulting everyone intelligence I think anyone that isn't a math, physics or engineering major is pretty dumb. Any other subject dissolves into memorization and paper writing.

Also I agree with hedgie 100%

March 27, 2012 6:34:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What is this phony shit? BANG SOME CHIKS ALREADY!!!! FUAARK

March 27, 2012 8:07:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMGIN1,
That leftist shit our friend doggu is so heartily recommending (the talentless prick Orwell, for instance) is no substitute for being objectively - as far as it is possible - analytical.

Sigh. They are not meant to be taken literally, or even as a political statement necessarily just as a warning as to how the world might go if we don't keep our eyes open. Apart from that they are a good read. Being objective has nothing to do with my point. 

Quoting OMG_ZEX,
Since everyone is insulting everyone intelligence I think anyone that isn't a math, physics or engineering major is pretty dumb. Any other subject dissolves into memorization and paper writing.

Agree.

IN1, why do you feel the need to repeatedly bring intelligence into question? It's a forum where open discussion is moderated. If Zen wants to question the crap being fed to him in this world I say go for it, who are you to shout him down because you don't like his method. Anyway, why do you repeatedly boast about your intelligence on a gaming forum? If you don't think others are at your level of intelligence here I suggest you go do a PhD, submit your data/opinions to peer reviewed journals and then let them judge you. Perhaps you will gain some perspective and stop feeling the need to belittle others.

March 28, 2012 2:46:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@ hedgie my only love:

Also, that isn't hypocrisy. Hypocrisy is accusing people of being arrogant and calling it "bad", while being arrogant yourself. heh. Or telling people to take whatever criticism comes your way like a grown-up and then you don't take criticism well at all either. heh.

Yeah, well, I've been waiting for your habitual dose of odium, actually. It's plain in this case you would have sided with Zen even if he were advocating paedophilia. Also, following your logic (don't criticize arrogant people, since you are arrogant yourself), you, being an epitome of snobbery, have no right even to come near this topic. Why don't you go play some more DoW, eh, hedgie?

@ doggu the intellectual:

Sigh. They are not meant to be taken literally, or even as a political statement necessarily just as a warning as to how the world might go if we don't keep our eyes open. Apart from that they are a good read.

Wrong. Orwell's novels are a political statement, unless you read them out of their historical context. Do some research yourself. I don't think they are a good read, either, but that's a matter of taste. Perhaps some people like preachy and boring books.

Anyway, why do you repeatedly boast about your intelligence on a gaming forum? If you don't think others are at your level of intelligence here I suggest you go do a PhD, submit your data/opinions to peer reviewed journals and then let them judge you. Perhaps you will gain some perspective and stop feeling the need to belittle others.

Erm... I have finished my doctoral dissertation 4 years ago. Have half a dozen articles published, too.

March 28, 2012 3:19:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, well, I've been waiting for your habitual dose of odium, actually. It's plain in this case you would have sided with Zen even if he were advocating paedophilia. Also, following your logic (don't criticize arrogant people, since you are arrogant yourself), you, being an epitome of snobbery, have no right even to come near this topic. Why don't you go play some more DoW, eh, hedgie?

i don't say it's not alright for people to be arrogant. i said it's silly to criticize people about being arrogant while being arrogant yourself. Inception, man. One step deeper. And you make me seem way more arrogant than i actually am. 

Didn't side with Zen. i don't care what Zen does with his life. 

March 28, 2012 3:25:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

following your logic (don't criticize arrogant people, since you are arrogant yourself)

That's exactly what I said, hedgie. I expect some reading comprehension from a computer genius, ffs.

As a matter of fact, as annoying as your arrogance is, I think you at least have something to back it up: you clearly are a talented, intelligent person. While Zen... ugh... well, let's just say I don't think being great with the UB is a good enough reason for his snobby attitude.

March 28, 2012 8:59:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

in1 you are so pathetic..

March 28, 2012 9:09:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

in1 you are so pathetic..

Oh really? Working as some kind of nurse like my younger sister instead of serving in the military like a man is much more pathetic, IMHO. But maybe I'm a bit old-fashioned, I don't know 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000344   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.