The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Video preview of the updated Sins graphics engine

By on February 29, 2012 12:53:32 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

We’ve talked previously about the work done on updating the visuals for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion.

Tomorrow, we plan to release BETA 1 of Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion so users can see both the graphical update and, more importantly, the new Rebellion and Loyalist factions, Titans, new capital ships and the hundreds of other changes and additions to the Sins of a Solar Empire universe.

A lot of the improvements will be subtle but hopefully noticed by players. The team has updated the AI for both combat (using special abilities intelligently) as well as for strategic use to ensure the single player game gets taken up a few notches.

The multiplayer experience is obviously very beefed up thanks to improvements to ICO and the inclusion of Steamworks for taking a lot of the load off of ICO.

+912 Karma | 75 Replies
March 1, 2012 10:43:21 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting kryo,

Quoting BFroberg, reply 25So glad I preordered. A shame I couldn't get it on Steam though

Rebellion uses Steamworks, so it doesn't really matter where you get it. It'll be in Steam once you install it regardless.

Will Steam users be able to activate and download the beta via Steam? For example, grab our code on the Stardock store then activate and DL on Steam?

Whatever works though. I'm excited to try Rebellion!!!

March 1, 2012 11:08:32 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting mbar8,
Quoting kryo, reply 26
Quoting BFroberg, reply 25So glad I preordered. A shame I couldn't get it on Steam though

Rebellion uses Steamworks, so it doesn't really matter where you get it. It'll be in Steam once you install it regardless.

Will Steam users be able to activate and download the beta via Steam? For example, grab our code on the Stardock store then activate and DL on Steam?

Whatever works though. I'm excited to try Rebellion!!!

Yes, beta will be available on Steam.

https://twitter.com/#!/SD_Sins/status/175245806989869056

March 1, 2012 11:40:40 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

whats up with this, ive been clicking on my email refresh button for the past 2 hrs!!

March 1, 2012 12:09:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting axxo2,
whats up with this, ive been clicking on my email refresh button for the past 2 hrs!!

1 April joke....

Oopppssss ... one month too much early for it...

Damn Win8 electronic calendar ...

March 1, 2012 12:11:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

lol that would suck

March 1, 2012 12:55:05 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Well guys I gotta say... This has gotta be just as bad as waiting for my girlfriend to tell me wither or not she was pregnant.

All in all... I just want to know whats going to happen

March 1, 2012 1:08:13 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

go to stardoc downlaod directly, it's there.

edit never mind was trinity...

March 1, 2012 1:21:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Its out!

At least for me.

Downloading now.

March 1, 2012 1:26:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Ryat,
Its out!

At least for me.

Downloading now.

where did u find it?

March 1, 2012 1:31:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Email will be sent.

March 1, 2012 1:33:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Ryat,
Email will be sent.

sorry if i sound impatient... did u get an email ?... i didnt.. ive been refreshing it all morning lol

March 1, 2012 1:42:06 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting axxo2,
where did u find it?

Quoting Yarlen,
Buttons are being pressed, so watch your email!

March 1, 2012 2:37:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Aw hell. Forgot to update my credit card info. The damn thing was only valid till 12/11 and I forgot to add the replacement as a payment method... >.<

March 1, 2012 3:08:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Antagonist99,
Aw hell. Forgot to update my credit card info. The damn thing was only valid till 12/11 and I forgot to add the replacement as a payment method... >.<

You're not alone in that

March 1, 2012 3:10:54 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting axxo2,
sorry if i sound impatient... did u get an email ?... i didnt.. ive been refreshing it all morning lol

I got mine.

March 1, 2012 3:16:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Man... is anyone else still waiting for theres?

March 1, 2012 3:47:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Had to re-order today due to CC issues  Hope this doesn't knock me out of Beta 1

March 1, 2012 4:08:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

anyone have information about the latest you could preorder in order to get into the beta?

March 1, 2012 5:34:24 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I had to re-order today with a different card and I got my key and I am d/ling now. Hope this helps.

March 1, 2012 5:47:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Ordering will get you into the beta, don't worry about it.

March 1, 2012 6:11:14 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I didnt update my CC date either, thanks Yarlen I was about to be very unhappy

March 1, 2012 10:17:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

if i pre order today will i get into the beta??????????????

March 2, 2012 11:16:03 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting sporemaster,
if i pre order today will i get into the beta??????????????

just a few posts above yours

Quoting Yarlen,
Ordering will get you into the beta, don't worry about it.

ordered today, hoping I'll receive a beta key tonight

March 2, 2012 11:21:00 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The beta will remain open, so if you didn't get in yesterday, just pre-order today (or whenever) and you should be set.

March 2, 2012 11:51:46 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Yarlen,
The beta will remain open, so if you didn't get in yesterday, just pre-order today (or whenever) and you should be set.

I ordered mine after 2pm UK time, and received my Steam beta key about 15mins ago

and now to burst my bubble I have to wait roughly 1-2hrs on my awfully bad 2mb connection for 'said' beta to arrive !!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001015   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.