The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

John Williams = Torture?????

Who did i marry?????

By on February 21, 2012 1:23:45 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

So both me and my son both love listening to the works of the great movie composer, John Williams. (Like i need to tell you who he is.)

This rainy afternoon my boy was playing some addictive browser game he always happens to find (google Bloons Tower Defense and you will understand) in the living room whilst listening to the Imperial March.
My non sci-fi loving and most un-nerd like wife having to "put up" with the racket came into my study to grab the MP3 player so she could put her headphones in whilst going about whatever non sci-fi thing she does, only to hear once she came in i also had, by coincidence, The Imperial March playing on my PC. I had just read Brad's thread from earlier this month on JU about a recent Clone Wars episode and it put me right in the mood for some Williams Star Wars brilliance...

Now here is where it all fell apart....She grabs her MP3 player off the dock, gives me a look, and all you married blokes out there know exactly the look i'm talking about, turned to walk away and spoke one line that cut me right to my heart..

"Arrghhh, what is with this torture...listen to something normal like Lady Gaga for once would you you nerdy boys!"

[e digicons]8(|[/e]

The divorce papers are being drawn up as i type this.....with the Duel of the fates blasting away....

+127 Karma | 13 Replies
February 21, 2012 1:41:53 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

My heart hurts too brother.  I hear the Ride of the Valkyries.

Even our cartoons were epic...

February 21, 2012 3:35:12 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

you seem to have left out the part of that story where it gets interesting. 

February 21, 2012 9:24:10 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

What the hell?
@Swiss...huh?

February 21, 2012 9:24:52 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It happens sometimes. My wife sometimes wants to break down and cry when she sees my son and I enjoying video games with Star Wars music going as well. I think its a woman thing. Take her out to dinner, show her some attention at least once a week and she will be fine.

February 21, 2012 1:44:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

@Neilo, he was referring to the Youtube clip

February 21, 2012 1:53:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

All that is needed is "Wagner" and  "Kill Da Wabbit".  The rest can be inferred. 

But it is watch-worthy darn it...

February 21, 2012 2:09:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

lol

February 21, 2012 2:33:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

That would have started world war 3 in my house. Then again, thank god my woman doesn't like Lady Gaga, or even remotely think that Lady Gaga is "normal".

I feel for ya man!

February 21, 2012 3:01:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

problem 1 -> thinking lady Gaga is normal

problem 2-> expecting you to think Gaga is normal, yet not returning the favor

February 21, 2012 3:06:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Maybe invest in a pair of headphones that can plug into each other? Then you can both listen to whatever you want with impunity!

February 21, 2012 4:05:33 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You should play her the final credits from "The Empire Strikes Back".

It must be the most beautiful and emotional film score in cinema history, the man is a genius.

I can understand why the Imperial March might get on the nerves eventually, its Wagner in Wellington boots - but its meant to be.

February 21, 2012 5:01:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Tasunke,

THIS.

Oh god, this. 

February 21, 2012 6:01:21 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting Tasunke,

I'm not sure there is a font large enough to do that "THIS" proper justice....

Her terming gaga as "normal" was more than just her, slighted opinion, she knows how much i despise that freak.

After 12 years you would think i would have "trained" her enough....for today's efforts, im going to watch Blade Runner on Blu-Ray, knowing she won't be able to escape it, unless she goes out, win/win!!!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000360   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.