The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

WC mobile web version

By on December 13, 2011 5:16:54 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

More and more people are using their android device or iphone to access online content. Perhaps it would be in wincustomize's interest to consider developing a mobile web version of the site.

Apparently irrelevant.

+606 Karma | 37 Replies
December 14, 2011 7:58:36 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting VistArtXPosed,
I would love to have Customizable, Vista-Sized (128 or 256px) vector icons on a moblie device.

I've done some wallpapers. I've thought about the icons but that can get crazy. You're really skinning icons for a ton of apps more than anything. Narrowing them down to the most common is one thing but from what I have seen and downloaded for my Droid, something always gets left out.

December 25, 2011 8:39:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Showing off some home screens of my HTC Droid Incredible 2

Sorry to bring up an old thread but there is potential here that will be more mainstream sooner than people think.

December 25, 2011 8:49:16 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Me like !

December 25, 2011 9:04:14 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

They look great, Elvee. 

December 26, 2011 10:26:03 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Very nice, LV. I apreciate this. I got kinda put off by the "official" responds to this thread. I was hoping for "That's true, 2of3 and it's something we should think about for the future."

Instead I was met with: Why should we consider it when this is a site for windows customization?...and....we asked you all to upload wallpapers for mobile devices and no one did......

My main point was that I would enjoy being able to  easily read and respond to threads on the forum when I'm not near my computer, but maybe that wasn't clear enough.

Like I said: sorry I brought it up

December 26, 2011 11:21:56 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Don't be, Tim. I think it's worthwhile, and I believe skinners with good graphics skills could do well for themselves with commercial graphics for apps and "Themes" for the mobile apps. They would need an affordable program to apply them, though.

I do see a big problem with Apple's share of the pad market (>80%), though. In that market, any skinning would have to be aimed at alternate OS's, as Windows really missed the boat there. 

December 26, 2011 2:50:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I also don't think it's a bad idea but I have to ask, "Would having these themes make Stardock or Wincustomize  any money?"  because I think it would cost a ton.

WC is an interesting site in that it is for fans of skinning first and advertising for SD second . .  but the sales of the product is what funds the development for the most part.

If there are any skinning app devs for the mobile market that want to sell or license or work for Stardock . . maybe a discussion would be more viable.

December 26, 2011 7:51:29 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting 2of3,
My main point was that I would enjoy being able to  easily read and respond to threads on the forum when I'm not near my computer, but maybe that wasn't clear enough.

I hear ya Tim.

Since the iPhone/iPad boom and now Android is what? 700k activations daily worldwide? I think that it is safe to say that people are spending more time out and about with Smartphones and less time sitting in front of a computer. I am one of the aforementioned. The forums on WC are one of the very few sites that is not mobile friendly. I would love to use Tapatalk here. I can type just as fast if not faster on my phone than my laptop.

Someone from Stardock has to realize this is a growing trend that is here to stay, why not tap into it?

Beautiful Widgets is the the first paid app on the Android Market to reach one million downloads. That says people want to customize. Look, I love customizing my desktop as much as the next person and I love WC and the ten years I have been here. I want it here forever! Does anyone else get the sense that there is a 'changing of the guard' of how we do our daily computing coming in the near future?

im' just sayin'

December 27, 2011 6:39:23 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting elvee,
I hear ya Tim.

Since the iPhone/iPad boom and now Android is what? 700k activations daily worldwide? I think that it is safe to say that people are spending more time out and about with Smartphones and less time sitting in front of a computer. I am one of the aforementioned. The forums on WC are one of the very few sites that is not mobile friendly. I would love to use Tapatalk here. I can type just as fast if not faster on my phone than my laptop.

Someone from Stardock has to realize this is a growing trend that is here to stay, why not tap into it?

Beautiful Widgets is the the first paid app on the Android Market to reach one million downloads. That says people want to customize. Look, I love customizing my desktop as much as the next person and I love WC and the ten years I have been here. I want it here forever! Does anyone else get the sense that there is a 'changing of the guard' of how we do our daily computing coming in the near future?

im' just sayin'

Exactly!

December 27, 2011 8:30:12 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes.

December 27, 2011 9:10:17 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

December 27, 2011 9:12:24 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

^  did above reply from my samsung galaxy.... seems only emotes can be activated....

I often use the galaxy to check forums when I'm away..... would be nice to be able to have the ability to reply.... think the idea has lots of merit....

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000265   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.