The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

THIS. IS. STARDOCK!

By on October 31, 2011 8:29:41 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Toby (Associate Producer) and Derek (Producer & Lead Designer)

+912 Karma | 89 Replies
November 1, 2011 4:24:18 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting seanw3,
I couldn't party with Stardockians. I would be the geek in the corner that won't stop talking about the game. You guys probably hate talking about work, while your work is our play. 

Nah, you would fit right in.

November 1, 2011 4:32:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

That sounds nice. The party I went to made me take a drink every time I talked about video games...

November 1, 2011 8:16:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting seanw3,
That sounds nice. The party I went to made me take a drink every time I talked about video games...

HAHAHAHA        Lemme guess....you passed out?? 

That lady is Hawt!!    Gonna try to get to know her better if I ever get near Michigan 

Hmm maybe we should ask about her name....he knows some furries in Michigan.

November 2, 2011 12:49:48 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Campaigner, everything about your post is utterly repulsive.

Except the panda, but even that's tainted by your usage of it.

November 2, 2011 7:39:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Derek Paxton,

Quoting Ausland, reply 4Too much fun.... Derek how could let this happen???!!!  Tell everyone to get back to work and get me my FE Beta! Hup Hup!

Do you know how hard it is to command respect and obedience when you have flippers and smell slightly of herring!  I don't think anyone heard anything I said in the morning meeting.

So true! Especially when it is not halloween or fastelavn, they just sit and stare oddly at you.

November 2, 2011 11:07:16 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Cruxador,
Campaigner, everything about your post is utterly repulsive.

Except the panda, but even that's tainted by your usage of it.

....ok....     Then I just have to assume you're weird.

November 2, 2011 11:31:03 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Stardock looks like a really fun place to work.

Oh and I agree. The is very cute.

November 2, 2011 12:45:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I think that's Kay Fedewa aka SD_Zebrafox.

November 2, 2011 2:32:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Seriously, while it may seem flattering to figuratively jump all over one of the female employees...you guys are creepy. Not trying to play big brother / white knight / whatever or speak for her or anything, so try not to take offense. You just come off a bit like desperate internet nerds, IMHO.

OMG GIRL! ON THE INTERNET! IN A GAME COMPANY! MARRY ME!

November 2, 2011 3:37:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Thormodr,
Stardock looks like a really fun place to work.

Stardock is a great place to work!

And I'd like to point out that Toby is wearing girls pants, and Shafer didn't dress up (Boo!).

November 2, 2011 3:44:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Is Shafer too cool for it?

November 2, 2011 3:58:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

What a bunch....

What is that big black thing with red dots?

November 2, 2011 4:04:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Is Brad taking the picture?

November 2, 2011 5:38:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Magog_AoW,
What a bunch....

What is that big black thing with red dots?

You cant see his costume very well, but he is the state of Michigan.

Quoting Goldmos,
Is Brad taking the picture?

Nope, Brad is in the picture in his bathrobe.  He is dressed as Arthur Dent.

November 2, 2011 5:47:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

"and Shafer didn't dress up (Boo!)."

Hangin's too good for'em, shootin's too good for'em, burnin's too good for'em, we should r*pe his dog, kill his wife, & bury'em up to his neck in ants (Or is this too good as well?)

November 2, 2011 6:03:35 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Lantros,
Is Shafer too cool for it?

Nah, I'm just a stick in the mud. 

Jon

November 2, 2011 6:59:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Good on ya, Jon.  I bet you were working on the FE Beta while these other slackers wasted company time.  You're an inspiration to the team!

November 3, 2011 12:52:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Derek Paxton,

Quoting Thormodr, reply 32Stardock looks like a really fun place to work.

Stardock is a great place to work!

And I'd like to point out that Toby is wearing girls pants, and Shafer didn't dress up (Boo!).

It's one of the reasons that Stardock impresses me so much. Really decent fun loving people.

You guys remind me of Runic Games. Wacky, crazy fun loving people. (Torchlight II is going to kick arse BTW.)

Vive le Middle Market!

November 3, 2011 3:46:22 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Nah, I'm just a stick in the mud.

Don´t worry. Everybody has to play a role.

November 3, 2011 7:57:21 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Goontrooper,
Seriously, while it may seem flattering to figuratively jump all over one of the female employees...you guys are creepy. Not trying to play big brother / white knight / whatever or speak for her or anything, so try not to take offense. You just come off a bit like desperate internet nerds, IMHO.

OMG GIRL! ON THE INTERNET! IN A GAME COMPANY! MARRY ME!

Well Pretty women in the gaming industry and play games are rare.

November 3, 2011 8:43:49 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

There really is no money in misogyny, this is why it's baffling to me why it's so common in the games industry.

A lack of misogyny is why anime had its big boom in the 90s, largely at the expense of comic books. which have done a damn fine job of making sure half the population will never have much interest in their work.

Games really shouldn't be an all-boys club.  I kinda remember a few years back on here Cari making an excellent post on here about "girls games" and how their lack of quality might be a reason gaming is such a guys club.

Also, if you're an attractive gaming journalist, people are going to claim that you had sex to get a scoop.

If you're an attractive female player, people are going to claim that you had sex to get your sponsorships. 

That's not white-knighting, I've seen both those complaints just this week from females in both the game industry and game playing side of things on Twitter.

I do think Stardock "gets it" in this regard.  I just think SD should try to publicize/push a little more in this regard- not really do anything different, but maybe try to reach out and expose things to that audience a bit more.

November 3, 2011 10:11:48 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

A penguin huh?  Maybe this means linux support for all Stardock games!

(I know, I know, probably not... but I can dream.)

November 3, 2011 10:16:30 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Derek Paxton,

You cant see his costume very well, but he is the state of Michigan.

Of course.

November 3, 2011 10:24:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

if we want more girls playin then simply tell them that they're not allowed, that it's a man's thing & women just can't enjoy playin a game this complicated:  This would almost certainly bring more in just because they were told it wasn't for them (back in the day they were told they couldn't work - this was a great bit of reverse psychology just look at the work force today

November 3, 2011 10:41:04 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Firefly2442,
A penguin huh?  Maybe this means linux support for all Stardock games!

(I know, I know, probably not... but I can dream.)

I'd settle for Dire Penguins in FE.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000406   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.