The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Just how big are the Titans?

By on September 13, 2011 3:17:14 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1478

Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion is the most significant change in the Sins universe since the original release. Not only are there twice as many factions to choose from but the already impressive scale of warfare gets a big boost with the introduction of the Titan class ships which absolutely dwarf the existing capital ships (see in screenshot a favorite TEC battle cruiser class capital ship).

Not surprising, the Sins of a Solar Empire engine (the Iron Engine) required a significant upgrade to deliver these spectacular enhancements in scale.

If you don’t have Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity already --  get it now.  It’ll be the only way to get into the beta for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion which is due out this Fall.

Locked Post 56 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 19, 2011 5:18:17 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

wow..frogboy has tons karma

September 19, 2011 7:28:30 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Supersirious,
 people who brought sins and all the add-ons separately on their first release cant get in the beta?  

Only if there rated with 5 stars

September 19, 2011 1:47:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

That would be hilarious...

September 22, 2011 4:16:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

What I would like to know is how much resources go into that thing.

September 25, 2011 7:40:43 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Ghost1-_,
wow..frogboy has tons karma

That isn't that surprising given his real life identity...

September 26, 2011 1:11:15 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Compensating much are we...

Awesome pic!

September 27, 2011 11:28:19 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ,

If you don’t have Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity already --  get it now.  It’ll be the only way to get into the beta for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion which is due out this Fall.

and what about those of us who bought the game and expansions as they came out ... or is our loyalty going to be ignored in favour of new customers?

September 27, 2011 10:45:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Ryat,
Seems how Trinity = Original + Entrenchment + Diplomacy even those of us that bought the series piecemeal will get a piece of the action.
Quoting Stant123,
Trinity is Diplomacy, so you count too.

September 28, 2011 3:55:20 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Reading truly is a lost art.

September 29, 2011 1:41:35 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Stant123,
Reading truly is a lost art.

I haven't seen a response to the pre-order beta question.  I thought preorders got access to the beta as well...  Or have you decided to open the beta to everyone who owns Trinity/Diplomacy?  I would be ok with that...

Fall has come, and is going.... ....

-WP

September 29, 2011 2:00:03 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting wolfpackmars2,
I haven't seen a response to the pre-order beta question. I thought preorders got access to the beta as well...

If you don’t have Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity already -- get it now. It’ll be the only way to get into the beta for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion which is due out this Fall.

This tells me simply pre-ordering doesn't get you anything, however already having Trinity/Diplomacy AND pre-ordering get's you access to the beta.

September 30, 2011 3:49:10 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Ode to the Titan (ripped from Stephen King)

"See the Titan of enormous girth!
By design, it protects the earth.
Its speed is slow but never mind;
It'll get there eventually and save humankind.
On its back the last 5 hours of savings laid;
It sees the enemy and in about 20 minute will be in range to aid.
It closes in, engines, guns and crew are pumped,
Ah *%#$ the enemy fleet just jumped."

Kol Battleship and Athena Class Titan...

September 30, 2011 2:30:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

semazlan i laughed so much that i fell from my chair

October 6, 2011 2:49:08 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Stant123,

This tells me simply pre-ordering doesn't get you anything, however already having Trinity/Diplomacy AND pre-ordering get's you access to the beta.

Ah, I guess I should not worry about it either way then 

October 8, 2011 12:10:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

WANT THIS SHIP IN MY FLEET!!!!

October 9, 2011 11:50:38 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

CRAP CRAP CRAP!!

Great, now I will DEFINITELY need that stunt double just to make sure I have the 2-3 months to play this new version.

I HATE, LOVE, HATE, LOVE you guys

Thanks for all of the hard work,

-Jason

October 9, 2011 10:19:54 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I just got a massive boner I can't wait for sins rebellion

October 10, 2011 9:41:38 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

October 10, 2011 3:32:24 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Has no one thought of the major flaw of this ship? it has a pocket of space between the "walls" where it looks like a frig can hide and just attack and b a troll. Also im gonna asume that its gonna cost around 10x - 15x the cost of a capital ship so for the players who rapidly colonize an area they gonna get faster then those that make sure they aint gonna lose their planets (i just go to a dif star system and plant 4 starbases at the star) another thing, EPIC but yea with the size of this will it (like starbases) be able to make smaller ships like frigates? or just be like the death star from star wars? hopefully tho the limit will only b one, or else ur doomed if the enemy player gets like 10 of em due to having 30x more planets then you.

October 16, 2011 11:19:58 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I pre-ordered Rebellion as soon as possible because I received an email from Stardock that stated if you pre-order you would get access to the beta this fall.

Has that changed?

October 16, 2011 12:46:08 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Nope. The Beta is not out yet.

October 17, 2011 8:59:50 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I bet one new ships is "titan destroyer" similar to what ogrows are to starbases.

October 18, 2011 5:49:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi All, So, where is the beta ?????

October 18, 2011 6:16:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Due out sometime in the next 6 months.  Check back in April.

November 6, 2011 2:53:55 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Stant123,
Due out sometime in the next 6 months.  Check back in April.

HAHAHAHAHAHAA... damn, I meant to quote the robot pic.  Why would you get a boner from something that has been described vaguely with features that may or may not actually get in?  Well, you're a gamer, women are probably just as similar a concept as REBELLION. We've been shown what might be some great side boob, but it might also be some sidemanboob belonging to Michael Moore.

Here's to hoping Rebellion doesn't have the damn issues every other version has had. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000703   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.