The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Actual conversation that really happened in our developer chat

By on May 20, 2011 1:39:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums
Maybe it won't be as amusing to you guys as it was to me, but it made me laugh. 

[1:35:38 PM] CrazyC0330: i love how when you use the cheat to kill a unit, they do their death animation instead of just disappearing from the map.  makes it so much more satisfying
[1:35:51 PM] cari_elf: bloodthirsty much?
[1:36:04 PM] CrazyC0330: i usually do it right after they say something about my city being ripe for the taking
[1:36:23 PM] CrazyC0330: mess with fire, ya get burnt. ya know.
+52 Karma | 41 Replies
May 20, 2011 2:05:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I liked when Jesse posted this bug

May 20, 2011 2:09:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I like the way CrazyC0330 thinks!

May 20, 2011 3:46:40 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks.

You all have a wonderful weekend.

-.-

May 20, 2011 7:57:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You mess with the bull, you get the horns.

May 21, 2011 6:04:20 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ha ha! Stardock sounds like a fun place to work.

May 21, 2011 9:00:09 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The real question is...is Cari_Elf super cute?  

May 21, 2011 6:12:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting charon2112,

May 21, 2011 9:25:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting charon2112,

the real question is, can a male gamer contain themselves whenever they know that a female is a gamer?

That answer is no. They can't.

Who cares if she's super cute or not?

May 21, 2011 9:36:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Exactly.  You don't get female gamers saying "Is he cute" to all the male developers, so it shouldn't be the other way around either, regardless of which group is in the majority.

Best regards,
Steven.

May 21, 2011 10:56:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

That's why it's called a double standard, duh.  It's a numbers thing, male gamers on this site outnumber girls, maybe, 5000 to 1.

and even worse is when guys pretend they don't care, because they think it gets them on her 'good side'...

Every straight guy on here is wondering the same thing...at least I'm honest about it.

Quoting StevenAus,
Exactly.  You don't get female gamers saying "Is he cute" to all the male developers, so it shouldn't be the other way around either, regardless of which group is in the majority.

Best regards,
Steven.

May 22, 2011 1:30:15 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting charon2112,

That's why it's called a double standard, duh.  It's a numbers thing, male gamers on this site outnumber girls, maybe, 5000 to 1.

and even worse is when guys pretend they don't care, because they think it gets them on her 'good side'...

Every straight guy on here is wondering the same thing...at least I'm honest about it.

Quoting StevenAus, reply 9Exactly.  You don't get female gamers saying "Is he cute" to all the male developers, so it shouldn't be the other way around either, regardless of which group is in the majority.

Best regards,
Steven.

I'm married (As of April 30th), so I can honestly say that I don't care.

May 22, 2011 2:03:07 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting charon2112,
That's why it's called a double standard, duh. It's a numbers thing, male gamers on this site outnumber girls, maybe, 5000 to 1.

Its a matter of tact. Do you honestly expect that question to be answered or hope that it is? You want people to either flaunt her appearance or apologize for it? Me I just hope that Stardock has a competent staff because they need one to dig themselves out of this hole that they're in.

May 22, 2011 2:07:32 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

There is more to someone than how they look, although I do know that males tend to take more notice of female looks than the other way round.  But on an online forum, you may as well assume that every female is fantastic looking (or at least average), because you can talk with them without immediately judging them on their looks.  When you think about it, judging someone's quality based almost entirely on their looks is extremely superficial (and even disrespectful).

Best regards,
Steven.

May 22, 2011 3:20:36 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting StevenAus,

Best regards,
Steven.

Why not?   What's wrong with that?

Saying that makes you look (in my eyes at least) as a feminine guy.

Crazy has the right idea.

May 22, 2011 5:40:58 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well, the only thing that matters is what CariElf thinks.  If she is fine with it, I don't see a problem with it.

I thought that the OP was quite funny.  And just by the way, being considerate and tactful is not a trait reserved for females.  Do you like labels?  I don't.  I could place labels on a lot of different things and people, but I choose not to.  I see labels mostly as a form of name-calling, and that does not gel well with reason.

Best regards,
Steven.

May 23, 2011 1:27:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

While I hate to interject on the todish love fest I'd like to interject to ask if there was ever any discussion among the developers of diversifying the factions a bit, changing up the aesthetics from this two sizes fits all thing.

May 23, 2011 2:36:22 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting BoogieBac,
I liked when Jesse posted this bug

Reduced 67%Original 841 x 122

That one made me laugh.

May 23, 2011 3:35:26 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting StevenAus,

Best regards,
Steven.

I know some gamer girls that do exactly that (Boogie Fan Club says hi). If you think thats a male thing, you are getting old.

I too think its a bit juvenile to ask that 'cute?' question on a forum, but i am a typical male, so i am not without interest. I am just honest with myself. I also know how Cari looks like, so my curiosity is satisfied.

May 23, 2011 10:21:22 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

CariElf *is* cute and wonderful in many ways.

Interestingly enough, BoogieBac is *not* cute but his dynasty has produced cute kids.  

May 23, 2011 11:32:31 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Valentine82,
While I hate to interject on the todish love fest I'd like to interject to ask if there was ever any discussion among the developers of diversifying the factions a bit, changing up the aesthetics from this two sizes fits all thing.

This.  Yes please post your playful developer chat room banter about how to make the factions more unique.

May 23, 2011 9:54:59 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Zubaz,
CariElf *is* cute and wonderful in many ways.

Yes!  

May 23, 2011 10:50:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

For the record, I love that you shared this with the community!

May 24, 2011 7:27:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm not too worried about the CariElf thing, as it's a running forum joke, and I haven't seen anyone disrespect her on here.

That said, it tends to get tiresome when females in the gaming industry are treated as slabs of meat (see Kayane and the Fighting game industry, or Assassin's Creed designer and all the BS that happened there)

May 24, 2011 2:36:59 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I also bake, which increases my cuteness score.    Especially when I bring in my Irish Car Bomb cupcakes to the office.

May 24, 2011 2:41:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting NetNomad,
I like the way CrazyC0330 thinks!

haha, thanks. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001297   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.