The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

The day does not end just because it is midnight in Michigan (or Texas)

By on May 3, 2011 12:59:14 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Impulse,

The daily deals are great but here in Hawaii if I don't get to it by 1800 I'm locked out of that days daily deal (which is most days). Not sure if the West Coast has this problem but it is real annoying to see a great deal, have 5 hours to go till midnight and not be able to use it.

Darvroth

+4 Karma | 12 Replies
May 3, 2011 1:21:50 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Time for you to emigrate....Australia....you'll be way ahead of them then....I know I am...

May 3, 2011 5:55:30 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Then come on over to the east coast. This way you'll be three hours ahead. Oh.... and don't forget your passport, seven kinds of ID, three dollars US for the toll trolls (each. There are eleven of them) and a promise not to hit them over the head when they tell you the deal expired before you got there.

May 3, 2011 12:08:53 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Quoting Jafo,
Time for you to emigrate....Australia....you'll be way ahead of them then....I know I am...

So, why don't you do Stock tips?  I would get up early to read those.

May 3, 2011 12:21:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes, but the new daily deal would show up after 6 PM for you, right?

May 3, 2011 12:25:24 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Okay, so just what would you propose as to how to correct this problem Darvroth?

May 4, 2011 2:16:27 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

A sale has to finish sometime, and it makes sense to use the local timezone.  However, giving the local time in terms of GMT (or whatever it's called these days) so people know when the sale would end in relation to their own timezone would be useful.

Best regards,
Steven.

May 4, 2011 3:20:08 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting MartialDoc,
Yes, but the new daily deal would show up after 6 PM for you, right?

This is a great point!  You have a new daily deal every night just like we do.  If you missed one, that means you didn't check last night, did you?

May 4, 2011 6:26:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You just get tomorrow's daily deal earlier.  It's not a big deal.  You still get 24 hrs.

May 4, 2011 7:28:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

That's what you get for living in paradise................

May 12, 2011 8:37:38 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

You have access to a deal all 24 hours, exc ept for most there is overlap so that you have one deal during part of the 24 hours day and another deal the rest of the 24 hours period.  Instead of complaining here go to the UN and have then eliminate all Timezones.

Tarkus

May 13, 2011 10:59:02 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Tarkus01,
eliminate all Timezones.

I wonder what it was like before time zones. Must've been frantic trying to figure out which direction to go. If you went east you're against the clock. If you went west you're ahead of it and if you went north or south the clock is still in the same place cause it hasn't moved.

May 15, 2011 5:53:27 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Uvah,

I wonder what it was like before time zones. Must've been frantic trying to figure out which direction to go. If you went east you're against the clock. If you went west you're ahead of it and if you went north or south the clock is still in the same place cause it hasn't moved.

unless you go too far in which case you skip or go back a whole day, or half a day if you go north-south and vice versa

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000719   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.