The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Mod] CrazyTown 1.4 Final

Balance mod

By on March 31, 2011 12:18:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

LORD-ORION

Join Date 04/2009
+51

You can get the final version of CrazyTown 1.4 in Pacov's excellent mod compilation package. (Click on the link BESIDE the big "Recommended Download" button heh)

This mod should be enabled with the latest version of Uberfix, and it is also recommended that you enable the Enhanced UI and Enhanced AI mods as well. (All of these excellent mods are also found in Pacov's mod compilation).

Working on Content- it will all get there eventually

CrazyTown version 1.4

Demigod Changes

Regulus

Synopsis: Regulus needs a little more to hold his own in his lane, and some additional level 15 improvements so he has a role other than the pew-pew-pew guy. Also it would be nice if his quote "this would be faster with wings" made sense.

Change 1: Mark of the Betrayer is an Interrupt.
A fast, ranged interrupt gives Reg some new respect in the lane. You'll need to watch the skill timings to use slow skills and items (like teleport or flag lock)

Change 2: Deadeye and Impedance Bolt will proc on a snipe once you have acquired them.
These are the level 15 improvements. These 2 skills are not really note worthy on their own, as they have low proc rates on auto-attack.  The deadeye proc on snipe gives Reg a unique ability; to prevent flag locks by sniping you from the mist when he sees you about to try it. The Impedance bolt change will give snipe some additional cross lane power to change battle outcomes.

Change 3: Angelic Fury grants 5% speed when active
This will give Reg some kiting potential if you choose to sink a point into this auto-attack skill.

Demon Assassin

Synopsis: Demon Assasin is supposed the be the guy that you can't get away from, so it's kind of embarrasing that 1/2 the demigods can outrun him when considering base speed. He also has 2 ignored skill lines that could use some adjustments; elusiveness and precision.

Change 1: Base Speed increased to 6.3
DA now has the highest speed potential in the game by 5% (speed 6.3 + 15% from 3X Demon Speed).

Change 2: Elusiveness grants 10% dodge per level instead of 5. Assassin's Speed gives an additional 10% dodge while it is "on".
This gives DA the possibility to reach the 40% Dodge cap from skills alone at level 15, or to reach the cap with minimal investment in items and skills.

Change 3: Increase Demon Precision by 10% per level.
If we were to calcualte the criticals over time, this translates to a 5% increase in average DPS perlevel. However since you cannot always be auto-attacking with DA on a demigod, the improved chance to score a hit is nice, so it may go off 1 time instead of 0 times.

Queen of Thorns

Synopsis: Queen has several lines of skills that are beyond bad and thus never taken by anyone sane. The main theme is to tweak entourage and compost to bring her minions up to par with Oak and Erebus.

Change 1: Entourage;
+10 Shambler Damage per level (normally +6)
+100 Shambler Armor per level (normally no armor)
+5% Shambler Attack Speed per level (normally no attack speed boost)

Change 2: Compost (previous Shambler Damage Scale 4,6,8,10,12)
Shambler Damage Scale is now 5,10,15,20,25,30 (you must use Uberfix to get the effect level VI +30 damage, because compost is broken)

Change 3: Reduce Mulch Explosion timer to 0.5 seconds (It is normally 2 seconds before damage from the mulch explosion is applied)
This is a useability change, now you can intentionally damage something with mulch via kamikazi shamblers.

Change 4: Reduce Spike Wave III cooldown to 10 (normally it is 15)
Level I and II are at 10 so it makes no sense to have the cooldown suddenly jump to 15 at level III. (My opinion is that this is an oversight. Spike Wave used to be 15 cooldown across the board, but the snare amount was MUCH higher [50% at level III].)

Change 5: Increase Uproot range to 25 (normally 20)
This is a safety change. Closing to Range 20 to fire this skill exposes you to surprise" skills like Bat Swarm and Warp Strike.

Torch Bearer

Synopsis: Form transitions limit the potential of Torch Bearer. Ice Mode needs a bit more burst damage potential.

Change 1: Decrease form transition times to 0.8 seconds (It is normally 1.5 seconds)
This gives much more potential to hybrid builds, as the form change is now fast enough to be performed in battle without getting yourself killed.

Change 2: Add Permafrost to the deep freeze consumable effect list.
This will increase the shatter multiplier by 1X throughout the entire game for a Frost Torch Bearer, and give you access to a 4X shatter at level 15.

Sedna

Synopsis: Yetis are bad and need to be brought up to the power of Spirits and Night Crawlers. There are a few skills that need tweaks for utility.

Change 1: Yetis
+30 Damage per level (normally +7)
+400 life per level (normally +300)

Change 2: Inspiring Roar grants 20% minion Evasion. (normally 15%)
The dodge cap went up to 40% when Demon Assassin was released, there will be a way to get to 40% with Sedna's minions.

Change 3: Pounce Followthrough is 0.7 seconds (normally 1.5 seconds)
The delay is pretty rediculous, forcing high speed items to catch up to your target after a pounce, or to use Cloak of the Night. The new 0.7 second follow through still prevents you, however, from repouncing a fleeing target if their speed is equal to or faster than yours.

Change 4: Life's Child trigger amount is 50% life (normally it is 30% life)
The original amount was questionable, as it is easy for Sedna to heal out of the effect the moment it kicks in.

Occulus

Synopsis: The absolute worst minions need to be fixed. Even Yetis laugh at ball ligtning.

Change: Ball Lightning
+35 Damage per level (normally +5)
Mana Cost per level 250,375,500,625 (normally 450,625,800,975)

The damage output puts Occ in the same place as full Spirit and Night Crawler armies hitting you. The mana cost needed to come down, these minions have an expirtaion timer so it makes no sense to have them as expensive as Shamblers and Yetis.

Rook:

Synopsis: 1 small tweak

Change: Poisoned Arrows reduce speed by 15% (normally 10%)
Now the 6.3 speed demigods will be brought down to your 5.4 speed if affected.

Oak

Synopsis: 1 small tweak

Change: Rally duration is 10 seconds (normally 5)
The extra 5 seconds doubles the regenerated life amount you will get.

Lord Erebus:

Synopsis: Bat Swarm range is inconsistent

Change: Reduce BatSwarm II to 25 yards. (normally 30)
If you really must have 30 yards, it's yours at level 15.

Unclean Beast

Synopsis: The nerf bat swings true, and these changes come direct from your favorite pros. (identities concealed). Also bestial wrath is unusable so gets a tweak.

Change 1: Spit reduced to range 12 (normally 15)
This is just enough to let the range 20 shooty skills get you without retaliation unless you are running right at them.

Change 2: Ooze Self-Damage increased per level to 20,40,60,80 (normally 20,30,40,50)
Ooze is an awesome skill, and now the consequence of using that skill will continue to scale even with the health regen provided by your items and levels.

Change 3: Acclimation reduced to 25% (normally 40%)
40% is rediculous. 25% is still VERY good.

Change 4: Bestial wrath duration increased to 7 (normally 5); Unrelenting Wrath duration increased to 15 (normally 10)
This will allow you to actually get some auto-attack damage out of this skill before the timer runs out. Remember: Grasp -> Roar for best results.

Item Changes 

-Sabatons: +3 Health Per Second, +2 Mana Per Second (normally no regen: This is now 50% Banded Armor and Scaled Helm in one item)
-Assassin's footguard: 8% attack rate (normally 5), +5 health per second (normally no regen), 20% Chance to do 1.5 Damage (normally no crit)
-Iron Walkers +600 Armor (normally no armor) +800 Mana (normally no mana)
-Desperate Boots: Activate on 50% Health, +500 health (normally 400) +500 mana (normally 350)

-Plate Visor: +70% Mana (normally +35% mana)
-Theurgist's Hat: +70% mana (normally +35% mana)
-Vinling Helm: +105% Mana Per second (up from +70%) 5% proc effect (up from 3%)

-Duelists Cuirass CritChance 20% (normally 10%)
-Armor of Vengenance: Cost 2750 (down from 3250) +10 life per second (normally no life per second)
-Groffling Warplate chance 5% (up from 1%)
-Platemail of the Crusader Chance 3% (up from 1%)
-Godplate cost 8000 (down from 10000)

-Gauntlet's of Depair: 600 mana (normally 350) OnWeaponProc: Increase cost of skills 50% for 8 seconds, +7 mana per second (normally no mana per second)
-Slayer's Wraps: Cost 2500 (down from 3300), CritChance 20% (up from 10%)
-DoomSpite: Cleave Radius 2.5 (normally 1.5) Cost 4000 (down from 6750) Proc Chance 50/33 (up from 25/16)

-Blood Stone Ring LifeSteal 6% (normally 3%)
-Warlord's Punisher: Range = 20 (up from 15)
-Ring of the Ancients: +750 mana (normally no mana)
-WarpStone= Instant

-Universal Gadget: 1 Second Cast Time
-Hex Scroll: Increase target's damage by 20%. Tied to sigil of vitality cooldown.
-Restorative Scroll: Reduces cooldowns by 20% for 15 seconds. Tied to sigil of vitality cooldown.

Rejuv Cost 250
Robust Rejuv: 375
Enhanced Health: 400
Enhanced Mana: 400
Revit Elixir: 500
Supreme Health: 750
Supreme Mana: 750
Supreme Elixir: 900

Favor Item Changes

Goggles: Special Proc chance on items for ranged Auto Attacks = melee proc rate, 25% chance to do 25% critical hit
Charm of Life +15 Health Per Second
Brilliant Bauble: +400 Mana (normally no mana)
Symbol of Purity 400 life (Up from 250)
Staff of the Warmage: +70% mana regen (normally no mana regen) + 1050 mana (normally 800 mana)
Diamond Pendant: Mana 400 (up from 250) Cooldown 13% (up from 10%)
Amulet of Teleportation: Cooldown 30 (down from 45)
Cape of Mana: Increase mana pool 20% during Useable affect
Saam-Els Cloak: +10% Movement (up from +5%)
Wing's of the Seraphim: Effect broken on interrupt/stun instead of damage, added a visual effect to indicate when this power is "on".

Mard's Hammer: +600 Armor (normally no armor)
Poison Dagger: 10% Attack Speed (normally 5%), prevents health regeneration (normally no effect on health regeneration)
Essence of Magic: Cooldown 30, free spell timer 5 (normally 45 second cooldown, and 3 second free spell)
Furious Blade: 400 life (up from 150)

Chared Totem of War: +5% Attack Speed added to minions (normally this bonus only applies to the demigod) Demigod damage bonus increased to 35 (up from 15)
Pendant of Grace: +20 dodge for demigod and minions
Blood Soaked Wand: 30 second cooldown (normally 45) 1 second cast time (normally 2 seconds)

Citadel Changes

Fortified Structure cost: 900,1200,1500
Building Strength cost: 500, 750, 1000, 1250
Death Penalty cost: 500, 1000, 1500
XP cost: 1200, 1800, 2400, 3000

Gold Production Level II: Produces +3 Gold (normally +2)

Angels
Target List: Catapultasaurus, Everything

Other Changes

Increase max cooldown cap from 40% to 50%

Locked Post 36 Replies +3
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 31, 2011 12:18:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

NT

April 11, 2011 6:37:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

NT

April 18, 2011 9:53:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

NT

April 22, 2011 10:59:38 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

1) Footman's Sabatons:

Original design intent: Be a cross combination of Banded Armor (400 Health) and Scaled Helm (525 mana).Resulting in an item with 200 Health and 260 mana.
Problem: Not worth the price.
Design Change: Add +3 health per second, and +2 mana per second.
Result: Now this item grants a true 100% performance equivalence to Banded Armor and Scaled Helm.
Use: Being sent to base early with little cash gives you an option to boost your gear for the next engagement. You will probably not take this as your 1st item, but if you have Banded Armor and Scaled Helm, this is a supplemental item to that load out if you can't afford anything else.

Just going through some of the code/notes.  I think this is a solid change that would do well in the base game. This would make this item viable and I can't think of any scenario where its over the top.  I'm thinking of suggesting some item revisions to increase the diversity if we do see a new demigod patch and this is a change I would recommend.

3: Gauntlets of Despair

Problem: Does not offer good stats compared to other items in this price range
Solution: Make this the single target attack version of Nature's Reckoning. (a multi target attack item that is used quite often)
Design Change: Mana bonus increases to 600 (up from 350, now it is the same as Nature's Reckoning)

Now Compare vs. Natures Reckoning
Both have 600 mana
Nature's reckoning does 250 damage to multiple targets for 250 gold less
Gloves of despair does 300 mana damage to demigods

Use: Hybrid mana / attack item like Nature’s Reckoning... eg: proc the effect to prevent that goober LE from getting away with his last batswarm.

Some questions - first, I think this would be another good item to modify, but I still don't think I'd get it as you describe it.  I don't have DG in front of me right now, but what is the normal cost of the gauntlets and natures reck?  What is the proc rate of the gauntlets?

I've always liked the idea of mana draining items.  Its a great idea, imo, that could have very big impacts on play early game (but I'd wager the cost is prohibitive).  I'd also wager the proc rate is low enough to further encourage folks not to put their money into an item that rarely hits and therefore doesn't factor into the equation.  Mid game, losing 300 mana isn't going to be exceedingly devastating.  But again, early game, huge effect.  Unlike the changes to footman's you suggested, I think this item would be much more difficult to make it so that folks would 1) buy it or 2) complain about the balance involved.  So, definitely something I'd like to see tweaked, but it will be a challenge. 

April 22, 2011 4:40:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Both have 15% melee and 10% ranged proc

Gauntlets of Despair
1750 Gold
8% Attack Speed
300 Mana Damage
+600 mana

Nature's Rec
1500 gold
+600 Mana
250 Damage to targets (Max 10 chains with 5 yard radius)

I did have Despair add 60 mana on proc in an earlier version, but thought it might be too much.

I guess looking at the best case scenario for procing effects is DA + Furious Blade... 30% increased attack is alot for DA, which puts him over 1 attack per second at level 1. (Also note the despair proc effect does hit every target type, just that most targets don't have mana) so adding an additional on proc add 300 mana etc... will allow you to proc off of creeps and towers.)

eg: If Despair actually transferred 300 mana, DA with furious blade proc has an effective 20+ mana per second gain with despair.

Please make a suggestion what you think the transfer amount should be, and I will implement it.

April 22, 2011 5:25:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LORD-ORION,
I did have Despair add 60 mana on proc in an earlier version, but thought it might be too much.

You are just saying getting 60 mana back each time it proc's at a rate of 15 or 10%?  If that's the case, then I don't think that's quite strong enough, tbh.  Consider how many sustained AA hits that happen in a combat, you'd probably be lucky to get 60 to 120 mana per combat at that rate methinks.  Granted, its somewhat random, but still, its a pretty low proc rate for an incredibly small gain.  That said, I'd pick an item like this for the mana drain ability, not getting a mana restore. 

When I try to weigh what would make an item like this valuable, I compare it to other items that I'd normally buy and say - what would make me choose this at that cost over nimoth/unbreakable/hauberk/or even nature's reck. 

Here's what I'm thinking - same price.  Keep the mana damage as is.  Give it a +4 mps.  Just bump the mana to +600.  Increase the proc rate from 15/10 to 17/12.

Those changes would make it a suitable replacement for scaled helm at the very least.  Just a thought. 

April 22, 2011 5:30:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_pacov,

Quoting LORD-ORION, reply 5I did have Despair add 60 mana on proc in an earlier version, but thought it might be too much.
You are just saying getting 60 mana back each time it proc's at a rate of 15 or 10%?  If that's the case, then I don't think that's quite strong enough, tbh.  Consider how many sustained AA hits that happen in a combat, you'd probably be lucky to get 60 to 120 mana per combat at that rate methinks.  Granted, its somewhat random, but still, its a pretty low proc rate for an incredibly small gain.  That said, I'd pick an item like this for the mana drain ability, not getting a mana restore. 

When I try to weigh what would make an item like this valuable, I compare it to other items that I'd normally buy and say - what would make me choose this at that cost over nimoth/unbreakable/hauberk/or even nature's reck. 

Here's what I'm thinking - same price.  Keep the mana damage as is.  Give it a +4 mps.  Just bump the mana to +600.  Increase the proc rate from 15/10 to 17/12.

Those changes would make it a suitable replacement for scaled helm at the very least.  Just a thought. 

OK

It is funny you say +4 mps
That is what DA + Furious Blade yields with the 60 mana drain, and that is how I came up with that number. (by compaing the best case proc secnario at level 1 against the regen on scaled helm)

April 22, 2011 5:42:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LORD-ORION,
It is funny you say +4 mps

haha.  Yeah - but the +4 is consistent regen - the 60 mana drain requires combat and wouldn't stack with other mana % modifiers (like plenor). 

April 23, 2011 9:05:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you could also regen mana fighting creeps and stuff. More significant with demigods without spammable AoE. 

May 14, 2011 5:23:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think this is pretty much the final version... unless there is something broken in code or game breaking balance that was overlooked.

Thanks for the last bit of feedback Pacov, to get the final tweaks in.

May 14, 2011 7:08:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks again for all your efforts on this mod and the new ideas you worked on.  If there is another patch, I'll lobby for some of these changes.

May 19, 2011 2:51:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I can´t jugde all the changes propely because of my lacking experience with the game at all, but it´s nice to see that somebody takes cares about balancing the game. The changes seems to be reasonable and I see no reason to distrust the jugdement on the changes you made.Thanks for your efforts! Great work!

Hope that it will be used online. (Whenever I look over custom internet games no mods where used )

Edit: And I think too, it would be nice if another patch is released and these changes are applied. Hope this happens.

May 25, 2011 4:31:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There is a bug in 1.13 with Occ's blastoff, I'm working on it. Sorry but there will need to be a new release.

May 25, 2011 9:05:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ok - just pm when you have it sorted and I'll get it added to the combined installer.

May 29, 2011 2:19:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1.4 changes

Fixed an Occulus bug introduced from removing the interrupt on blastoff from a previous version. Sorry.

Added an effect to Wings of the Seraphim so you can tell it is "on".

Introduced Hex Scroll and Restorative Scroll changes. These abilities are tied to sigil of vitality cooldown. As in, if you choose to fire any one of these 3 scrolls now (hex, restore or sigil), they are all put in cooldown.

May 29, 2011 2:56:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank you!

It´s really nice to see that you still work on it!

Is it downloadable at the moment? Pavoc haven´t installed it yet into his package has he? I ask because the text still read 1.3 in the top post.

May 29, 2011 2:57:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OK... a question (and my apologies in advance if I'm missing something):  why tie hex/restore/sigil to the same cd?  In normal dg (eg not using your mod), this change is completely moot (as no one uses hex/restore scrolls).  In your mod, you did buff both hex and restore (I agree, btw), but you have to factor in that there are only 3 slots available for consumables.  I can't really see myself using anything other than 2 of these at a time... and even then, I'd still generally prefer to have a lock and a sigil.... I guess what I'm saying is that you increased the viability of 2 items, and then decrease the viability with this change substantially.  Would you rather have a sigil on deck or one of these other items?  Did you find during testing that there was some huge adv to having all 3 of these items with no tied CD? 

Anyway, the way I see things, before this change, I'd try 2 of those 3 items early/mid game.  After this change, I'd just revert to my normal tp/sigil/lock.  My 2 cents.  Curious as to the reasoning and my apologies again if I missed it in this thread or elsewhere. 

May 29, 2011 11:14:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Because being able to sigil while having one of these effects on can be kind of cheap in some circumstances so I figure I'd err on the side of caution.

Pen + Hex and then you sigil,
SoR + Restore + Sigil + CrimVial on a Tower Rook push
Hex + Restore on Level 15 SoR DA (1680 DMG every 3.5 second anyone) and why not tack a sigil on top of that too...

June 3, 2011 1:50:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just realized that Sednas Yetis don´t get any armor, which let them stay rather weak? I appreciate that Shamblers can get armor now even if lf you have to invest on entourage, but how about Yetis? SInce they´re no walking potions or a ranged unit some armor per Level up would be nice, I think. What do you think? ("Get a forest band, noob!" maybe? ^^)

June 3, 2011 4:35:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Plaguewraith,
I just realized that Sednas Yetis don´t get any armor, which let them stay rather weak? I appreciate that Shamblers can get armor now even if lf you have to invest on entourage, but how about Yetis? SInce they´re no walking potions or a ranged unit some armor per Level up would be nice, I think. What do you think? ("Get a forest band, noob!" maybe? ^^)

Couple of reasons why

1) They can reach 40% dodge with Pendant of Grace and Inspiring Roar, they don't need to be able to add armor on top of this combo
2) They can have VERY high life @ level 10, coupled with Sedna's Special Monk heals makes them very resistant to magical AoE attacks

As you pointed out though, you can add armor from items (iron walkers are pretty decent now) and morale adds armor too.

June 4, 2011 4:20:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LORD-ORION,

Quoting Plaguewraith, reply 19I just realized that Sednas Yetis don´t get any armor, which let them stay rather weak? I appreciate that Shamblers can get armor now even if lf you have to invest on entourage, but how about Yetis? SInce they´re no walking potions or a ranged unit some armor per Level up would be nice, I think. What do you think? ("Get a forest band, noob!" maybe? ^^)

Couple of reasons why

1) They can reach 40% dodge with Pendant of Grace and Inspiring Roar, they don't need to be able to add armor on top of this combo

I don´t feel pleased by that arguement because you have to max pounce and you have to reach lvl 15 first. A very special situation, since you have to skip a lot of useful skillpoints on other skills. Besides that Inspiring Roar just lasts 5 sec. I don´t think that that is comparable with a little armor right from the start (or HotY II).

Quoting LORD-ORION,

2) They can have VERY high life @ level 10, coupled with Sedna's Special Monk heals makes them very resistant to magical AoE attacks

Even in Crazytown they are just equaling the minotaur high king in life and the minotaurs get 600 armor on top of it. They outdamage the minotaurs though. A thing I don´t know for sure: Does armor reduce magical attacks? I know some skills that don´t care about armor but I´m not sure for the AoE skills.

Quoting LORD-ORION,

As you pointed out though, you can add armor from items (iron walkers are pretty decent now) and morale adds armor too.

Sure but that counts for any generals and any of his minion. It can´t be an balance arguement, I think.

And it came just in my mind that forest ist left as it is. Has it been overlooked? It is not worth buying and occupying an item slot, is it?

Anyway, thanks for your reply!

I´ve no hard feelings if I think I´m right (but may be wrong ^^) but no further changes would be applied (since you wrote "final version" I think you don´t want to work on that at the moment).

June 4, 2011 12:22:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, let's look what you can get with New Yetis vs Old Yetis and a comparison vs New Shamblers

Full Retard Build: 6 skill points spent and items
Tome of Endurance
Hauberk
Theurgist's Hat (item is boosted compared to normal demigod)
Platemail of the Crusader (item is boosted compared to normal demigod)

Sedna @ 10
Yeti IV + Mag Pres II
Yeti  = 2940 life each and around 85 DPS each (vs 2640 life and 36 DPS in normal demigod, but chances are you would never take Theurgists or Crusader, so life would actually be 2190 life max)

QoT
Shambler IV + Compost I + Entourage I
Shambler = 1995 -> 2235 Life and + 100 Armor and around 40 DPS max each. (At Compost Effect IV)

Yetis really dont need any additional boost.

June 4, 2011 12:33:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LORD-ORION,
Full Retard Build:

heh... nice. 

June 4, 2011 2:54:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sorry, but comparing Shambler and Yeti health at max skill/item loadout has little or no reflection on each unit's real-world effectiveness.  In practice, Yetis take way, way, way more damage than Shamblers, especially non-armorimmune damage (towers, high-level creeps, etc).  Sedna's minion regeneration bonuses are already pretty pointless at stock Yeti health, but increasing their health more without touching their armor makes them utterly non-existent, especially late game.

It's very easy to add a graduating armor bonus to each level of HotY that allows the Yetis to better stand up to towers, giants, and other things that Shamblers don't really have to deal with because of their range.  I'm only chiming in on this because I've already played around with armor and regen boosts on the HotY buffs in addition to an extra 100 health, and it doesn't come close to making them too strong, even with items (which at worst add few hundred health and armor, and maybe 10 regen) and Inspiring Roar.  Again, the Minotaur King comparison is very apt - think about how quickly they die, and they have even more health and much more armor, more speed, cost less to summon, have a faster summon timer, etc etc.

Comparing Shambler and Yeti DPS as an excuse for not giving them armor is also not fair, as Shamblers hit earlier, more often, and can hit multiple targets (something Yetis rarely do even with Wild Swings).  All while largely staying out of the way.  Of course they can be attacked specifically, and they occasionally wander into tower range if you're not careful, but if you think they take even half the damage that Yetis do on average, I'd challenge you to log total Yeti and Shambler damage taken, and play a few games with both.

June 4, 2011 4:54:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You're reading into things too much.

I was simply showing that Yetis can have about 1/3rd higher life then Shamblers even when you start to stack life items and that Yeti DPS has been boosted quite a bit.

Also, Sedna's minion regeneration is not pointless. It is 600 health to a minion every 7 seconds. (Bishop heals 435 + 24 health/sec every 7 seconds)

A choice was made how to buff Yetis, and it was to make them resistant to all damage, hence the extra 300 life.

If I gave them 600 armor instead of 300 life, that is 19.4% mitigation or around 512 effective life vs White damage only with the above loadout.

Honestly, Yetis now are by no means fragile, and can be made nigh invincible to white damage with pendant of grace.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000875   Page Render Time: