The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Consumables

By on November 2, 2010 1:43:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

BadDaddy8

Join Date 06/2009
+5

We all know that DG has some consumable that are used non-stop (sigils, scrolls, locks, etc.) some that are used situationally (pots early game, UG, totems) and some that are rarely used (i can't even remember what they are, which should prove my point.) Anyway, I had some ideas for new consumables that would help with some over-all balancing issues (maybe, or they might create new one) and also add a little more variety and fun. I haven't looked through all these posts, so forgive me if these have been said before. All of these might need to be balanced, they are just suggestions.

1. Potion of Speed: 200g, increase speed by 20-25% for 10 seconds.

2. Potion of Slow: 150g, decrease opponents speed by 15-20% for 10 seconds.

3. Potion of Interrupt: 300g, Interrupt ability. Stun for 1 sec.

4. Potion of Blink: 250 g, same as Cloak of Night.

Some people might say that these would take away the monopolies that some Dgs have on these abilities. Yeah, exactly. But it doesn't make them worse. Now Sedna and TB would have 3 interrupts/ stuns, IF they were willing to give up a consumables slot and go crazy. But mostly I think it would make more Dgs and builds viable, like Reg or DA, who would be a lot more useful in the portal wars, or Occ, who would be insane if he was carrying interrupts. But you're giving up ports or sigils or locks to carry them, so there is a trade off.

I know this is just a pipe dream, but maybe, maybe, if we see Dg II we could see something like this.

Locked Post 9 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 2, 2010 3:20:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I know its not related, but if your on Soccermom's team and wanna get under his skin, blow a few consumables while hes watchin

November 2, 2010 3:26:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1. Potion of Speed: 200g, increase speed by 20-25% for 10 seconds.

This is way too cheap for what it does. Its essentially a bargain bin wand of speed and it lasts longer.  I'd say nix the potion of speed thing, but I like the potion of slow and interrupt ideas.  I think the most potentially game changing/interesting is the potion of interrupt. 

November 2, 2010 4:03:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I know RP isn't a big deal, but we gotta be a little more creative with these names.

November 2, 2010 4:54:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_Teseer,
I know RP isn't a big deal, but we gotta be a little more creative with these names.

The Bland Potion of Interrupt

November 2, 2010 5:04:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I know its not related, but if your on Soccermom's team and wanna get under his skin, blow a few consumables while hes watchin

Lol.

Yeah, the names suck.

The potion of speed could be weaker, sure.

November 2, 2010 5:15:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

artifact potion of speed:   ~1000g, increases speed by 100% for 15 seconds.  flavor text:  "J-treads, eh?  Die fucker."

November 2, 2010 8:19:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting 4Nana,
artifact potion of speed:   ~1000g, increases speed by 100% for 15 seconds.  flavor text:  "J-treads, eh?  Die fucker."

lmao

November 26, 2010 1:54:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
November 30, 2010 2:26:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Exxcentric,
Will add to my mod

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/372358/page/9

Exx

Cool.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time: