The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod Mods - Here are the mods that YOU should use

By on October 24, 2010 4:26:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

pacov

Join Date 02/2008
+182

UPDATE 10/8/2015 - reuploaded the MODs as the old think wasn't working. 

UPDATE 1/15/2013 - Removes MOBA mod; updates Balancemod to Ver 1.31

I thought I’d take a moment to post several of the commonly used mods as we’ve had an influx of new players and even some of the folks that have been around for awhile aren’t using the best mods.   If you want to just cut to the chase, I recommend simply downloading the following package:

Recommended DownloadPacov’s combined installation package

In order to simplify things for the community, I’ll be maintaining a combined installation package for everyone.  As releases to the most popular mods are made, I compile them into 1 executable.  All you have to do is download the executable, run the executable, and enable the mods in the in-game demigod mod manager.  This will basically be your 1 stop shop to getting the latest versions. 

Here’s what’s included in pacov’s combined installation package:

• Enhanced AI
  • Enhanced UI
  • FavorMod
  • Uberfix
  • Balance Mod
  • No Spirit Citadel Rush

Download here:  https://www.box.com/s/kjbn2a9tiimu11a0e5iu

UI MODS

These are mods that improve the in game experience.  Some are simple, logical changes like making it so you can always see a number indicating how much HP or mana you have.  Other mods provide information on your teammate’s health and items.  Yet another one shows you how many minions you have along with their health status.  In short, you put yourself at a little bit of a disadvantage by not using these mods and I strongly recommend you use them.  I’ve added pictures so that you can easily see the differences between the original and modified UI.  Click on the links below to read up for details and to download.

The Enhanced UI mod package

This is a mod that combines the code from the 5 UI mods listed below.  If you choose to use this mod, you do not need to download the other UI mods listed below.  The only real benefit of this mod is that you only need to enable 1 mod instead of 5 in Demigod, but I recommend using this version.  If you have already downloaded my combined installation package, then you already have this.

Bman’s Godlike Team Panel v1.2.3 by bman654 :  this creates an overlay menu showing your teammates stats (hp/mana)

Before the mod:

before teampanel

After the mod:

teampanel

Bman’s Rampaging Minion Overlay 0.6 by bman654 :  this creates an overlay showing minion stats.

Before the mod:

Before Minion

After the mod:

minionsz

Rollover Ally Info v1.4.5 by Chirmaya (1.4.5 updated by pacov):  this enables you to move your mouse over a player on your team and see what items they have.  Very useful for knowing if a teammate has a sigil, etc.
Before the mod:
Before Rollover Ally
After the mod:

Rollover Ally

Always visible health and mana text by gunblob:  This makes it so your health and mana meters always show the text value of your hp as well (instead of just a green and blue bar).

Before the mod:

Before Always Visible

After the mod:

After Always Visible

Enhanced squelch/chat by mithy:  This mod simplifies the in game squelch/muting system and provides enhancements to the chat system.  

MOD’S THAT EVERYONE MUST HAVE INSTALLED TO WORK

This is worth me taking some time to explain.  There are certain mods that will ONLY work if every player in the game has them installed.  In most instances, you won’t be able to join a user’s game if you don’t have the mod installed.  Anyway, I say that to make this clear.  If you host a game with any of the following mods enabled (enabled and installed are very different – enabled means you turned it on in the demigod mod manager – installed means you ran one of the installers), only other players that have these mods installed (note installed – the folks joining your games do not have to enable the mods as long as they installed) will be able to join you.  If a player tries to join one of your games and happens to have an older version of a mod installed, they will still likely be able to join, but the game will desync.  If you have a game desync within the first few minutes, that’s what happened.  You can avoid this by making sure that everyone used my installer to get on the same version. 

Bug FixesUberfix 1.0X – this is a collection of fixes for bugs created by the community.

malicious_AIEnhanced AI v1.X – This is an excellent AI mod that vastly improves the vanilla AI.  If you even remotely like playing against the AI, use this mod and try it again. 

FavorMod v2.X – this is a brilliant collection of new favor items created by another great modder going by Exxcentric.  He’s created 20 + new favor items with a variety of new abilities.  Try this out for fun!

Balance Mod v1.X - this is a balance mod that's evolved over the past year or so created by Lord_Orion. 

Enfo’s Mod v1.3 SP and v1.1 SP/MP – this is another great mod created by Exxcentric.  In this mod, you fight wave after wave of creeps on a customized version of the brother’s map.  If you are looking to try something new, give this a shot.

MOBA 1.X - This mod places more emphasis on the MOBA aspects of the game. Citadel upgrades are affordable, and citadel upgrade units do not yield gold and XP to the enemy. As such, you'll be wanting to put more emphasis on citadel upgrades compared to normal Demigod. This is also a great opportunity to explore other aspects of Demigod's design that are often unseen in normal games, such as fielding upgraded citadel units early in the game or having heavily upgraded towers.

No Citadel Spirit Rush - The purpose of this mod is to remove an oaks ability to use a "spirit rush" to kill a citadel without nerfing a minion oak in any other way (eg all other structures, creeps, and demigods still take the same level of dmg as normal).

Last, in case the version I reuploaded isn't working, here a copy of an older version that I know still works.  Only use this if you can't get the one at the top to work.  https://app.box.com/s/05eqy6coh57rg1uapzinf8gn0guz1txj

Pinned Post 161 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 2, 2016 7:04:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

One more LOL

http://i.imgur.com/4wWmQvH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WkylNoh.jpg

From the beginning to the end he stood there without moving at all.

disabled
Enhanced AI

enabled
MOBA ver 1.2
Enhanced UI
No Spirit Citadel Rush
UberFix 1.06
February 2, 2016 6:28:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think the ai mod was coded for cataract only.  Been awhile but I don't think it was ever built or tested for that map.  Also I don't know if u have whatever the final version was of the mod.  I re upped whatever I could find.  

February 11, 2016 3:27:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Today I saw the mod "Skirmish AI v26". Is it generally possible to find?

Bonus: great thanks for maps mod!

February 11, 2016 4:25:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think that was one of the original names of the AI mod.  Unfortunately, I don't have any old builds outside of what I posted.  

February 15, 2016 9:46:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
The game has a LOT of bugs... :-/

Map "Brothers" >> Mod Enhanced AI >> 1 vs 2 bots (maximum hard) >> App Crash after >30 min

Now I can kind of understand why the developers abandoned the game.
February 15, 2016 4:30:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,

I think the ai mod was coded for cataract only.

March 17, 2016 10:38:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting _ManWithNoName_,

Today I saw the mod "Skirmish AI v26". Is it generally possible to find?

Here's various mods I use and have tinkered with, which also includes the Skirmish A.I. mod -- https://www.mediafire.com/?fbbpdb5y3b1mpnd  ...People should really archive the mods for this game, so they don't get lost in the ether.  Demigod one of the best MOBA's made so far.

As for the mods, I haven't noticed too many bugs and I haven't had any crashes.  I did notice the A.I. kind of 'give up' once or twice towards the end of the game while the 'Quiet Insane' mod was active with a bunch of other mods (rage quit? lol).  Other than that, no major glitches as far as I've seen (*play mostly single 1v1 Hard / Nightmare and 2 human vs. 2 A.I.).

(NB: Some of the character mods I've included add buffs to characters and may make them OP in certain instances, depending on how you play the game (e.g., TB can shoot towers without exchange using his primary weapon when in fire mode; Sedna's faster; Rook's hammer is more powerful; Occulus can spawn up to 12 lightning balls fully upgraded and from pretty much anywhere etc). The 'Quite Insane' mod also has x2 its original XP levelling requirements.

I'm trying to get the game to a 'Goldilocks Zone' point where it can be played in a 2 players vs. 2/3/4/5 bot configuration, on Hard/Nightmare, and for it not be utterly impossible and frustrating for players to compete.)

March 17, 2016 2:29:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Have you maps?

March 18, 2016 6:13:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting _ManWithNoName_,

Have you maps?

No... But I downloaded the mod installer from this thread and have not tried it yet -- this mod pack may have the maps in it... not sure yet.

I have now noticed a bug with one of (or a combination of) mods: On the Zikarat map, the A.I. bot will stop playing at Lv21.  It will just stay in place after it reaches this level; it will fight, but only by using its basic weapon attack and it won't move; it does die and re-spawn.

I think the rank / level is what may be causing it, because it's happened more than once and they've been at Lv21 each time it occurred.  I've only tested this in 1v1 Hard and only the Zikarat map.  I started noticing this once I started using the 'Quite Insane' mod the other day -- I've played the game for years and never seen this before.

I'm going to try the 'Enfos' mod (which also apparently grants a higher level cap -- the one aspect of the mod I'm most interested in), and the 'Quite Insane' mod on different maps, to test if the same bug re-appears. As quoted by pacov above, the 'Skirmish A.I.' mod was only tested with the Cataract map... so, perhaps that could be the problem... dunno.

Will report back...

March 18, 2016 8:14:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There are a lot of bugs in the game itself and in the mods. :-/

March 18, 2016 9:16:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting _ManWithNoName_,

There are a lot of bugs in the game itself and in the mods. :-/

Well, I tested the same configuration and mods on the Cataract map and the bug did not occur -- A.I. was ranked in the high 30's and it was still playing properly.  So, it seems the bug is either map specific or simply something that happens sometimes.

I'll continue testing and report back when I have more conclusive info.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000266   Page Render Time: