The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod Mods - Here are the mods that YOU should use

By on October 24, 2010 4:26:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

pacov

Join Date 02/2008
+182

UPDATE 10/8/2015 - reuploaded the MODs as the old think wasn't working. 

UPDATE 1/15/2013 - Removes MOBA mod; updates Balancemod to Ver 1.31

I thought I’d take a moment to post several of the commonly used mods as we’ve had an influx of new players and even some of the folks that have been around for awhile aren’t using the best mods.   If you want to just cut to the chase, I recommend simply downloading the following package:

Recommended DownloadPacov’s combined installation package

In order to simplify things for the community, I’ll be maintaining a combined installation package for everyone.  As releases to the most popular mods are made, I compile them into 1 executable.  All you have to do is download the executable, run the executable, and enable the mods in the in-game demigod mod manager.  This will basically be your 1 stop shop to getting the latest versions. 

Here’s what’s included in pacov’s combined installation package:

• Enhanced AI
  • Enhanced UI
  • FavorMod
  • Uberfix
  • Balance Mod
  • No Spirit Citadel Rush

Download here:  https://www.box.com/s/kjbn2a9tiimu11a0e5iu

UI MODS

These are mods that improve the in game experience.  Some are simple, logical changes like making it so you can always see a number indicating how much HP or mana you have.  Other mods provide information on your teammate’s health and items.  Yet another one shows you how many minions you have along with their health status.  In short, you put yourself at a little bit of a disadvantage by not using these mods and I strongly recommend you use them.  I’ve added pictures so that you can easily see the differences between the original and modified UI.  Click on the links below to read up for details and to download.

The Enhanced UI mod package

This is a mod that combines the code from the 5 UI mods listed below.  If you choose to use this mod, you do not need to download the other UI mods listed below.  The only real benefit of this mod is that you only need to enable 1 mod instead of 5 in Demigod, but I recommend using this version.  If you have already downloaded my combined installation package, then you already have this.

Bman’s Godlike Team Panel v1.2.3 by bman654 :  this creates an overlay menu showing your teammates stats (hp/mana)

Before the mod:

before teampanel

After the mod:

teampanel

Bman’s Rampaging Minion Overlay 0.6 by bman654 :  this creates an overlay showing minion stats.

Before the mod:

Before Minion

After the mod:

minionsz

Rollover Ally Info v1.4.5 by Chirmaya (1.4.5 updated by pacov):  this enables you to move your mouse over a player on your team and see what items they have.  Very useful for knowing if a teammate has a sigil, etc.
Before the mod:
Before Rollover Ally
After the mod:

Rollover Ally

Always visible health and mana text by gunblob:  This makes it so your health and mana meters always show the text value of your hp as well (instead of just a green and blue bar).

Before the mod:

Before Always Visible

After the mod:

After Always Visible

Enhanced squelch/chat by mithy:  This mod simplifies the in game squelch/muting system and provides enhancements to the chat system.  

MOD’S THAT EVERYONE MUST HAVE INSTALLED TO WORK

This is worth me taking some time to explain.  There are certain mods that will ONLY work if every player in the game has them installed.  In most instances, you won’t be able to join a user’s game if you don’t have the mod installed.  Anyway, I say that to make this clear.  If you host a game with any of the following mods enabled (enabled and installed are very different – enabled means you turned it on in the demigod mod manager – installed means you ran one of the installers), only other players that have these mods installed (note installed – the folks joining your games do not have to enable the mods as long as they installed) will be able to join you.  If a player tries to join one of your games and happens to have an older version of a mod installed, they will still likely be able to join, but the game will desync.  If you have a game desync within the first few minutes, that’s what happened.  You can avoid this by making sure that everyone used my installer to get on the same version. 

Bug FixesUberfix 1.0X – this is a collection of fixes for bugs created by the community.

malicious_AIEnhanced AI v1.X – This is an excellent AI mod that vastly improves the vanilla AI.  If you even remotely like playing against the AI, use this mod and try it again. 

FavorMod v2.X – this is a brilliant collection of new favor items created by another great modder going by Exxcentric.  He’s created 20 + new favor items with a variety of new abilities.  Try this out for fun!

Balance Mod v1.X - this is a balance mod that's evolved over the past year or so created by Lord_Orion. 

Enfo’s Mod v1.3 SP and v1.1 SP/MP – this is another great mod created by Exxcentric.  In this mod, you fight wave after wave of creeps on a customized version of the brother’s map.  If you are looking to try something new, give this a shot.

MOBA 1.X - This mod places more emphasis on the MOBA aspects of the game. Citadel upgrades are affordable, and citadel upgrade units do not yield gold and XP to the enemy. As such, you'll be wanting to put more emphasis on citadel upgrades compared to normal Demigod. This is also a great opportunity to explore other aspects of Demigod's design that are often unseen in normal games, such as fielding upgraded citadel units early in the game or having heavily upgraded towers.

No Citadel Spirit Rush - The purpose of this mod is to remove an oaks ability to use a "spirit rush" to kill a citadel without nerfing a minion oak in any other way (eg all other structures, creeps, and demigods still take the same level of dmg as normal).

Last, in case the version I reuploaded isn't working, here a copy of an older version that I know still works.  Only use this if you can't get the one at the top to work.  https://app.box.com/s/05eqy6coh57rg1uapzinf8gn0guz1txj

Pinned Post 161 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 17, 2011 12:45:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you should come back and play. if you remember me im maukankousappo, habakjah Sethnb

December 21, 2011 4:54:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

tried downloading some of your mods and couldnt. It said the host of this file was out of bandwith or something. Maybe you can fix or tell what to do,thx

December 21, 2011 5:26:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@ryet321 - thanks for letting me know.  Yeah, I see its out of bandwidth.  Looks like all the steam folks are definitely going for the mods.  I'm uploading this to media fire now.  I don't really use them, but you should be able to get at the files anyway.

Try this link out and let me know if you its working for you:

http://www.mediafire.com/?89w6tteq8cr65d1

December 21, 2011 5:35:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That worked just fine. Thx for the help and the quick response

December 27, 2011 11:51:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Mediafire link seems to have died.

Any chance if uploading the installer anywhere else?

December 28, 2011 8:29:41 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

The media fire link is still working.  Just tested it.  I'm not super familiar with media fire, but it does take a little bit for the download to start (and that's after a few windows pop up).  Anyway, confirmed working as of 8:29AM EST 12/28/2011.

January 18, 2012 8:05:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

UPDATE 1/18/2012 - Added uberfix 1.06, Enhanced AI v1.03, BalanceMod 1.1, Moba 1.2. 

PLEASE READ:  If the primary recommended download does not work due to bandwidth, please use the Mediafire link here:  http://www.mediafire.com/?3ubwpb8soxr2bmu

April 9, 2012 1:09:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

side note - 6,200 + downloads of this mod.  Just checked.

July 21, 2012 8:08:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Add one more. Thanks for the topic, mods seem great  - about to check them out.

BTW: BalanceMod in the pack is outdated.

September 21, 2012 8:45:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Gyumaou,
Add one more. Thanks for the topic, mods seem great  - about to check them out.

BTW: BalanceMod in the pack is outdated.

Yeah we're all slacking here...

I'll get around to making a new installer at some point and get Pacov to update the thread.

January 15, 2013 5:28:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

UPDATE 1/15/2013 - Removes MOBA mod; updates Balancemod to Ver 1.31

See link in OP.  Thanks to LORD-ORION for this updated mod package.

August 15, 2014 8:25:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hey!
I still love Demigod and I am spreading it to my friends So: Never give up!

One Question: Why did you remove the MOBA mod? And where can I get it?

August 15, 2014 4:18:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Honestly, I don't recollect re: the MOBA mod.  Here's a link to the mod's page, though:  https://forums.demigodthegame.com/411173/page/1/#3480831

August 20, 2014 9:08:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I still can't find MOBA 1.2 to give it a go, am I right thinking this was a completely different mod to Balance Mod? 

August 23, 2014 1:36:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Heya DontShoot,

MOBA 1.2 was a play test mod I made to isolate certain balance changes with my play testers and anyone else who was interested.

The working parts were put into balance mod.

Citadel upgrade price decreases
Citadel Gold II and III output increase
Angel Damage Increase
Angel targeting behavior (Catapultasauri primary, priest secondary)

I removed it once the changes were added to the last version of balance mod.

September 15, 2015 7:52:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So, what is the latest "Mod Installer" at this moment?

I'm still playing.

October 8, 2015 8:21:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey - so it looks like the box.net files were removed (been out there for a few years, so perhaps they cleaned them up).  Anyway, here's what I've got.  One of these might be the last release.  Not really sure.  

I'd try this 1st as it has a time stamp from 2013.

https://app.box.com/s/epwv4019d8z6t85bmhzdv7pbeueftfr5

If that doesn't work, I know this does, but its an older version.   

https://app.box.com/s/05eqy6coh57rg1uapzinf8gn0guz1txj

I'll update the OP as well.  

December 2, 2015 4:01:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thx for links!

_____

BTW, WTF with "Balance Mod v1.X - this is a balance mod that's evolved over the past year or so created by Lord_Orion. "?!

1. At the start of the game my Demigod have 1000 gold, but bot have 4000 gold. Where the balance???

2. How the bot can have more level than me (when 1vs1), if the "flag of experience +20%" is mine?! HOW???!!! Where that fakin' balance I repeat?!

Well, so many years still we have no balance. ((

December 2, 2015 6:17:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting _ManWithNoName_,

1. At the start of the game my Demigod have 1000 gold, but bot have 4000 gold. Where the balance???

2. How the bot can have more level than me (when 1vs1), if the "flag of experience +20%" is mine?! HOW???!!! Where that fakin' balance I repeat?!

Well, so many years still we have no balance.  ((
It has been like 5 years since I played, so I may be wrong, but the point of the balance mod was to balance the game in regards to multiplayer. In the base game, the AI is programmed to have various bonuses depending on difficulty level, this is common in strategy games where it is difficult to just make the AI better. Combine these two facts and you will see why the bot had an advantage over you regarding levels and money.

I doubt a mod was made to tone this down for the simple reason that playing with AI on normal should alleviate any problems you have, unless you also downloaded Enhanced AI v1.X which may give the AI bonuses even in normal (or they may just innately have bonuses, idk as it has been many years).

The reason mods only sought to buff AI instead of take anything away is because in a multiplayer match, if a player left and got replaced by an AI, 90% of the time they were screwed and the game was over there. This was made worse by the fact that as far as I remember, there was no reconnect option.

Anyway, to fix this issue, either put the AI down to normal (I am 90% sure difficulty didn't change anything other than their gold and exp gain) or try uninstalling Enhance AI.

December 2, 2015 11:05:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Understood, but I don't want disable "Enhance AI". :-/

January 23, 2016 6:04:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@ManWithNoName

You can't use mods in Single Player "Campaign" (lol, using that loosely)

You have to use it in skirmish.

If you're playing single player on lower difficulties, you get more starting gold.

January 24, 2016 3:39:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't want "lower difficulties".

February 1, 2016 8:09:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Enhanced AI

(sorry for quality)

1. All time of the game my enemy just stood there: http://i.imgur.com/DCkuNVC.jpg

Look where I am and what I'm doing. He doesn't even react! Also look at MY green flags!!!

2. Now look at Citadel's level: http://i.imgur.com/YKlDbc9.jpg

3. EPICFAIL. I'm attacking the citadel. Look where that stupid bot and what he doing! http://i.imgur.com/az60r3w.jpg

So... Where is the "Enhanced AI"?! And what's wrong with author of this mod?!

Facepalm, double facepalm...

February 1, 2016 10:03:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And nobody cares because this game has been dead for 5ish years.

February 1, 2016 1:17:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes... But sometimes some people play online. Well, why not previously fixed it?! [e classic]:'([/e]

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001235   Page Render Time: