The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Hope of a new Sins of a Solar Empire Update!

By on October 17, 2010 7:03:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Just heard this from Yarlen

http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/375601/get;2805420

Seems like we will get an Update soon.

+279 Karma | 8 Replies
October 17, 2010 8:40:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

That's awesome news!  The fact that they want to revamp pirates is particularly great news, since I was always disappointed with the Diplomacy changes, and it also means they'll probably go a little more in-depth into some of the other issues as well.

Perhaps we should start a topic collecting much of the discussion that's occurred over the past several months?

October 17, 2010 9:02:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sounds good to me.

Starting with nerfing Scramble Bombers just a bit.

October 17, 2010 11:47:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

We actually discussed this back in July and tested our ideas in a mod.  I think we actually found the sweet spot with this change:

---Duration changed from 120s to 60s
---Cooldown changed from 35s to 24s
---Antimatter cost changed from 50 to 45/50/55

By reducing the duration, large swarms can't build up anymore, and by compensating with a decreased cooldown the ability remains viable.

October 18, 2010 12:04:42 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

*grumble grumble* mods needing updates *grumble grumble*

October 18, 2010 12:15:26 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Stant123,
*grumble grumble* mods needing updates *grumble grumble*

yes there is that issue, but if you hurry and finish now, it will mean less work later

October 18, 2010 1:05:29 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Like the lore, I'm waiting on other people who really want to be a part of it, but aren't keeping up with their end of it.  =]  Besides, right now I'm just testing, testing, testing, testing, testing, (you know how it is) forcing the game to produce any error I can get it to.

October 18, 2010 1:21:30 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

w00t!

good to know that they are still there.  Figures Elemental took all their time away from space....

October 18, 2010 2:54:15 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

GrUmBLe  gRuMbLe have to update utilities. GrUmBLe  gRuMbLe

harpo

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000390   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.