The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Help me pick a video game!!!

By on June 26, 2010 1:23:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Okay, so summer is finally here for me and I actually have free time to play a new video game.

BUT

there are some issues. Foremost among these issues is that I haven't played any new release since almost an entire year ago, Demigod being the exception. Also, I have an Xbox and a Pc but no ps3

keeping that in mind does anyone have any good strategy or rpg game suggestions?

I'm tossing around

Red Dead Redemption, Mass Effect 2, and Bioshock 2 right now but... its so hard to pick when there are so many good games I haven't played

Suggestions?

+10 Karma | 20 Replies
June 26, 2010 1:31:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Single or Multi-player?

June 26, 2010 1:31:26 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Mass Effect 2 first. If you have not played the original make sure you do that first.

June 26, 2010 1:45:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Play Starcraft 2 or Elemental. 

June 26, 2010 1:48:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Play Starcraft 2 or Elemental.

I own elemental and I don't like starcraft ocd multiplayer too complicated for my poor brain

@Teseer

Single preferably but I'll do multi if its good and not starcraft i.e. CODMOD 2

June 26, 2010 2:01:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you haven't played it yet, Prototype is fucking crazy fun.

June 26, 2010 2:10:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sins of a Solar Empire- Trinity.

Go forth and destroy the AI!!!!

June 26, 2010 2:19:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sins of a Solar Empire- Trinity.

Own that one too well not trinity but I have entrenchment which is all i really wanted anyway

June 26, 2010 2:41:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Why no diplomacy!?! Pacts and Improved AI are a must!!!

June 26, 2010 3:07:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Starbases ftw!!!!

June 26, 2010 4:57:38 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

If you're into multiplayer, Bad Company 2 is an excellent choice.

I've also heard the Red Dead Redemption is a great game.

June 26, 2010 4:59:49 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Maccilia,

Starbases ftw!!!!

you do get those in Diplomacy also. I also suggest btw, the new splinter cell.

EDIT: I had a dumb  moment.

June 29, 2010 9:55:49 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The mass effect 1 and 2 are a very good choice if you're into storylines. I'm ALSO very stoked about Star Craft single player when SC2 comes out, crazy love for that story, just, wha.

Honestly ... not much else in my mind has been around lately, SotS2 is coming out soon-ish I hear. Don't know about this summer though.

June 29, 2010 11:51:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

keeping that in mind does anyone have any good strategy or rpg game suggestions?

I'm really enjoying disciples III.  If you want on the budget, maybe give disciples 2 a shot. 

June 30, 2010 4:05:16 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Mass Effect would be my vote.  Excellent game.  It will give you tons of play time, especially if you haven't played the first one yet.

July 1, 2010 7:27:51 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

killzone 2

July 2, 2010 2:03:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Savage 2. It's free.

July 12, 2010 4:50:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Get Rock Band so we can play together.

July 12, 2010 8:20:28 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I was nuts for mass effect 1. But I think I'm the only one who thought mass effect 2 kind of sucked. I can't explain why without spoilers. Like 50% of the plot was awesome, but the end, well, I thought it was an atrocity.

July 26, 2010 6:49:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Get Rock Band so we can play together.

Ninki, why the heck would I want to play with you???

July 26, 2010 6:56:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Maccilia,

Help me pick a video game!!!

Alien swarm.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.