The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

The New Ranking List

By on June 8, 2010 6:27:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi everybody.

+18 Karma | 149 Replies
June 8, 2010 6:35:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think the first order of business is to take everyone from pacov's list and put them on yours.

• People in tier 1 from pacov's list put into tier 2 on yours
  • People in tier 2 from pacov's list put into tier 3 on yours

than we can discuss moving them up or down.

June 8, 2010 6:35:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Orcun for Tier 1 - that is unanimous.

June 8, 2010 6:46:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Should have to request a game.  Then be rated on it.

That's what I think.

June 8, 2010 7:01:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

NT

June 8, 2010 7:02:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

NT is no thank you?

June 8, 2010 7:59:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Committee*

Committee request - please provide someone with a rough understanding of the English language to moderate the thread.  Reading that hurt my brain. 

June 8, 2010 8:08:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think NT is a placeholder. Pacov usually starts a thread and immediately posts NT after, to presumably hold the spot for extra space. I'm just guessing here though. If he just posted NT, that would be really ambiguous.

June 8, 2010 8:09:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_DD-shred_demon,
Committee*

Committee request - please provide someone with a rough understanding of the English language to moderate the thread.  Reading that hurt my brain. 

meh i think its because your scottish and you people are grammer nazi's

June 8, 2010 8:17:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

it's*

you're*

grammar*

Nazis*

Also, as for the whims of the committee, I think it should just be majority vote of Tier 1.5 (or whatever they are calling themselves now) players for entry into Tier 1 or Tier 1.5 or whatever.

The best way of sorting that out would be for those said players (in T1 in Pacov's thread) to post their own list like Koush did.  From there we have a framework for discussing this.  Right now all everyone is doing is making a lot of noise.

Also, from there we can maybe have some fun creating a few match ups.  I mean, that's what this is about, right? 

I haven't played with every T1 (T1 as per Pacov's thread) player enough.  But yeah, I'll contribute too and qualify where necessary if I don't have enough experience with the player in question to form a reasonable opinion.  

Everyone says the list is BS.  Well good.  Post your own.  Once we know where a few ppls opinions are at that puts us at a much better starting point.

June 8, 2010 8:21:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think it's because Max speaks Canadian.

June 8, 2010 8:23:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

u fools, pacov obviosly meant NO TIERS

June 8, 2010 8:24:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hah... sorry -  it just means no text.  I do that just to tag threads I'm going to follow later and I didn't have anything to add at the time.  That's all

edit - actually - I meant NO TACOS!!!

probably not though

June 8, 2010 8:58:47 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The old thread is now closed.  I'll chime in here when I get a chance.  Thanks for getting the new list going how

June 8, 2010 9:40:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_pacov,
hah... sorry -  it just means no text.  I do that just to tag threads I'm going to follow later and I didn't have anything to add at the time.  That's all

edit - actually - I meant NO TACOS!!!

probably not though

I have a similar method.

Boner.

June 8, 2010 9:41:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would like to play against anyone to get on the tier 2 list.  As 1. I am awesome and 2.  I am sexy.  I also have a large man part in my pants.  That  proves that 1 and 2 are both true.

The End.

June 8, 2010 9:46:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Goddamnit, can we please make the numbers go high enough so I can be ranked?

June 8, 2010 10:23:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting SaulTigh,
Goddamnit, can we please make the numbers go high enough so I can be ranked?

I think you will fit in the number scheme.

June 8, 2010 11:50:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

God, I am in tier 3 now?

I'm doing from bad to worse.

June 9, 2010 12:21:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Zoahr,
God, I am in tier 3 now?
I'm doing from bad to worse.

Suggest you just think of this list as temporary.  Remember, the old list, that was used as the template, is pretty well outdated, so... we've got to get some updates going.  Really hope no one takes any offense over this simply because its old poo. 

I'd suggest the 1st task would be to remove folks that no longer play.  I always went by > 30 days = no longer playing.  I think to simplify, we should quickly added another TIER and call it unranked.  We can just drop folks in there that we haven't agreed on their placement, etc.  That way, we can add people that haven't been discussed recently or ever.  Then, as we get into discussions, we can rank those players and dump them into tiers.  And then the next step would be for individual player feedback saying "I think you guys are full of crap.  I'm better than _____."  And then we setup some sort of match and if they win, we agree we were wrong and advance them. 

June 9, 2010 12:32:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hehe... also, to translate some of the OP into slightly better English (no offense), howbout - feel free to copy the following and paste it into your op if you like. 

This thread will be the new ranking list.

I have talked this over with pacov and he approves.

The new rankings list will be updated and maintained by OMG_howboutnoooo.  The rankings themselves will be decided by a committee including players of varied skill levels.  The committee will be influenced by the community and also based on matches to determine player rankings.  Additional members may be asked to join the committee to provide additional feedback and hopefully aid in providing accurate rankings.  The following individuals are currently either on the committee or have been asked to become members:

• Boxxy_Koush (i've sent him a messege and if he declines then ill be talking to rawr)
  • Pacov
  • Ninki
  • Teseer (ive talked to him hes still considering but i have high hopes)
  • Zex

I've read in the original thread that it might be a good idea for people who want into a certain rank or into the list to prove their skill by beating certain people. Well it seems to be a good idea and will be discussed by the commity so if you want to start proving your stuff submit replays and youll be considered.

June 9, 2010 12:48:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thanks pacov

June 9, 2010 12:51:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Koush and ninki in one committee, not in this demigod world

However it would make up for interesting tier results.

June 9, 2010 6:18:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Imma just bring forward my short list that I created from Pacov's old thread, just cause I think it is a great starting place.

Tier 1:
Orcun

Tier 1.5:
Boxxy_Koush

Boxxy_Renz

GM-Zen_God

GM-McShane87

Boxxy_Mithrandar

RAWRRRR

Tier 2:

2nana

Pacov

Nomliarac

GM-Janook

cowbuttzex

kalelsmx

abuggeredhedgie/awuffleablehedgie

PeterDumpTruck

Tier 2.5:

Shreddy (Slowly creeping up to tier 2, I like the guy)

Magnus3333333333

DD_Karebears

Soccer-mom

NinkiCZ

The rest of you.

Also me and Ninki on the same committee? Sheesh, that is gonna be intresting, Ninki said he doesn't care about the tier system anymore so I don't know why he is on it, but then again Ninki says a lot of things so I'll let it slide.

Also I'd like to request some 2 v 2's (Me and Renz) against Zex and a partner of his choosing, why? Cause I haven't played with him in ages and I need to see if he's a badass now or what before I have an current opinion on the guy.

June 9, 2010 6:25:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would disagree with peter on par with the rest in that tier... although depending on how you define the tiers, I can see him being there.  He can be AMAZING provided he is with the right teammates, but if his teammates don't understand his play style it can be no bueno fast.  I guess it depends on how you classify the tiers lol

June 9, 2010 6:35:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That's the problem I'm having Rawrrr, on the one hand most of the time he comprimises the game lol, however the guy in the right situation has tons of potential, I'm conflicted. All things considered I still feel Peter is more Tier 2 then 2.5, just cause he has the potential. But who knows, I'm still mulling it over.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000438   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.