The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod v1.3 Update

By on June 8, 2010 1:04:04 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+759

Gas Powered Games and Stardock are excited to release the v1.3 update for the popular real-time tactical strategy game, Demigod.  This update includes a host of fixes and improvements.

Fixes:

• Abilities while moving fix: Demigod movement has been re-architected to resume attacking previous targets after using abilities. This fixes multiple problems with triggering Demigod abilities while moving.The following exceptions and modifications are by design:
  • Direct targeted abilities, where it makes sense, will cause the Demigod to switch targets (like Warp Strike and Pounce). This will also set the old target variable so if they use a further ability they will go back to attacking their new target.
  • Escape abilities (like Warp Scroll and Bat Swarm) will not re-engage the old target and will actually clear the old target so using another ability will not cause you to re-engage.
  • Giving a move order will clear your old target. So, giving a move order and then casting Warp Area will cause DA to attack whatever he ends up closest to.
  • Fix for ranged units stopping short when ordered to attack structures.
  • Fix for summoned minions not starting at max health when the player has +minion health items.
  • Fix for Oculus' Ball Lightning spawning in invalid locations.
  • Unclean Beast's Plague ability will no longer overwrite Post Mortem.
  • Wings of the Seraphim will no longer be removed when healed.
  • -Heart of Life effects will no longer be removed when healed.
  • Fix for obscure Russian-translated map domination crash. Thank you, Ptarth, for helping to point the way on that.

Improvements:

• Achievement and Single Player tournament screen Demigod lists now have scrollbars.
  • Oculus??? Ball Lightning will now benefit from standard minion HitPoint Buffs.

Demigod customers can update to v1.3 via Impulse.

Locked Post 104 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 8, 2010 7:57:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The Post Mortem doesn't give xp because it uses knock-back to kill (warriors & archers). Knock-back kills currently don't award xp.

June 8, 2010 8:10:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm not 100% sure what you're saying. So Post Mortem works 100% now? If so great!

June 8, 2010 8:12:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ptarth:  You say nothing additional was changed then state they fixed Electrocution?  

To those who don't think this patch was enough:  Lickem.  With the minion fix and the Wings of the Seraphim fix QoT is finally viable!  Hurrah GPG/Stardock!

I look forward to more hopefully, but this one is good enough for me.

June 8, 2010 8:21:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OMG I just clicked and told my Demigod to go somewhere and then used the wand of speed, and my Demigod didn't even stop!!!!!! WOOT.f

EDIT: WotS QoT?

P.S. Oak minion build just got a hell of a buff.

June 8, 2010 8:58:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ptarth,

If I'm not mistaken, Electrocution is half fixed. They changed the buff multiplier to -1 which is mostly correct. However, it doesn't eliminate regeneration, what it does is adds a -100% modifier to regen. Normally this works as expected, however when a demigod has a +% multiplier to Energyregen or Regen (i.e, BattleCrown, Plate Visor, etc) the multipliers are added together. So if the BattleCrown granting +70% mana regeneration and the Electrocution defbuff were on the same Demigod, total Energyregen would be 70%, not 0%.

So, the text for "Electrocution" should say "Chain Lightning... reduces Health and Mana Regeneration by 100% for 10 sec"?

June 8, 2010 9:10:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_Epiphenomenon,
OMG I just clicked and told my Demigod to go somewhere and then used the wand of speed, and my Demigod didn't even stop!!!!!! WOOT.f

Yeah... before if you or your ally had bramble shield in effect, WotS would be negated if it absorbed damage but whatever they did to fix the healing changed that as well.

It won't help at all late game once the nukes get ridiculous, but early to midgame it will be brutal I would think.  Imagine me playing QoT and we're 2v2 against a couple of Europeans at the HP flag...

Euro #1: "How is can we not push thems off of these flag?!"

Euro #2: "Because they use thah shield then use thah healing aura... these is dildos!"

June 8, 2010 10:08:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Thundercles,
Ptarth:  You say nothing additional was changed then state they fixed Electrocution?   

Er.. Huh. I could have sworn it was on the patch list.

Quoting Nucleus Accumbens,

So, the text for "Electrocution" should say "Chain Lightning... reduces Health and Mana Regeneration by 100% for 10 sec"?

I don't have a good short way to write the tooltip, it seems really easy to misinterpret.

June 8, 2010 10:54:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So the priest will still get stuck in citadel?

Thanks for updates tho. Altho, some of them, I wasn't even aware of.

June 9, 2010 1:35:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ,

Gas Powered Games and Stardock are excited to release the v1.3 update for the popular real-time tactical strategy game, Demigod.  This update includes a host of fixes and improvements.
Fixes:
Abilities while moving fix: Demigod movement has been re-architected to resume attacking previous targets after using abilities. This fixes multiple problems with triggering Demigod abilities while moving.The following exceptions and modifications are by design: Direct targeted abilities, where it makes sense, will cause the Demigod to switch targets (like Warp Strike and Pounce). This will also set the old target variable so if they use a further ability they will go back to attacking their new target. Escape abilities (like Warp Scroll and Bat Swarm) will not re-engage the old target and will actually clear the old target so using another ability will not cause you to re-engage. Giving a move order will clear your old target. So, giving a move order and then casting Warp Area will cause DA to attack whatever he ends up closest to. Fix for ranged units stopping short when ordered to attack structures. Fix for summoned minions not starting at max health when the player has +minion health items. Fix for Oculus' Ball Lightning spawning in invalid locations. Unclean Beast's Plague ability will no longer overwrite Post Mortem. Wings of the Seraphim will no longer be removed when healed. -Heart of Life effects will no longer be removed when healed. Fix for obscure Russian-translated map domination crash. Thank you, Ptarth, for helping to point the way on that. Improvements:
Achievement and Single Player tournament screen Demigod lists now have scrollbars. Oculus’ Ball Lightning will now benefit from standard minion HitPoint Buffs. Demigod customers can update to v1.3 via Impulse.

It's a start.  Next update scheduled for July 2022 @ that time the invalid game state issue will be fixed along with the lobby crashing bug.

June 9, 2010 2:12:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting itsmevic,

It's a start.  Next update scheduled for July 2022 @ that time the invalid game state issue will be fixed along with the lobby crashing bug.

"Fix for obscure Russian-translated map domination crash. Thank you, Ptarth, for helping to point the way on that."

That is the Invalid Game State problem. It has been fixed.

June 9, 2010 5:18:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting UhelligGudn,

Quoting itsmevic, reply 34
"Fix for obscure Russian-translated map domination crash. Thank you, Ptarth, for helping to point the way on that."

That is the Invalid Game State problem. It has been fixed.

there are still other invalid gamestates out there for shure

thanks for the patch!

June 9, 2010 5:28:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ptarth,
The Post Mortem does give xp because it uses knock-back to kill (warriors & archers). Knock-back kills currently don't award xp.
That's a contradiction . So do Knock-back kills give XP or not? Or does Post Mortem give XP or not?

June 9, 2010 5:52:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I pressed the right button on icon Impulse below, then click Check for updates. I now have the momentum does not run!

June 9, 2010 7:55:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

its good?

June 9, 2010 8:27:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

After I did what you said, started Connecting, plz wait

June 9, 2010 8:28:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

and has a very long time. What to do?

June 9, 2010 9:18:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks GPG and SD.

June 9, 2010 9:35:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It should retrieve the latest data.  After a while, demigod should list "update available."  Right-Click and select update.

June 9, 2010 9:42:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OMG thats awesome!  I didnt use WoS nor minions last night lol

June 9, 2010 11:34:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi,

I suprised that after installing the 1.30 patch that all of the saved replys gone. I cant use the downloaded replays from gamereplays.org too. What do you think about is folks?

June 9, 2010 12:01:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting waassy,
Hi,

I suprised that after installing the 1.30 patch that all of the saved replys gone. I cant use the downloaded replays from gamereplays.org too. What do you think about is folks?
Patches always break replays. Replays are just recordings of the commands each player sends. When you execute a replay, it is actually re - played... . Meaning that if you made any changes to the game since the replay was recorded, the out come of the replay will be completely different or not even compatible.

June 9, 2010 12:26:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok, I understand it but we lose many great game replays. I'm sorry that does not work....

June 9, 2010 12:57:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Err.. are you just referring to Oak's minions now starting @ proper hp values or WotS + Oak's minions?  Hopefully not the latter, as WotS affects demigods only

June 9, 2010 2:41:16 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Great work !

June 9, 2010 7:02:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I wonder if WotS stacks.... Oak/Queen/Sedna team would never die with double wots and blood soaked wand mwahahah!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000422   Page Render Time: