The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod v1.3 Update

By on June 8, 2010 1:04:04 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+759

Gas Powered Games and Stardock are excited to release the v1.3 update for the popular real-time tactical strategy game, Demigod.  This update includes a host of fixes and improvements.

Fixes:

• Abilities while moving fix: Demigod movement has been re-architected to resume attacking previous targets after using abilities. This fixes multiple problems with triggering Demigod abilities while moving.The following exceptions and modifications are by design:
  • Direct targeted abilities, where it makes sense, will cause the Demigod to switch targets (like Warp Strike and Pounce). This will also set the old target variable so if they use a further ability they will go back to attacking their new target.
  • Escape abilities (like Warp Scroll and Bat Swarm) will not re-engage the old target and will actually clear the old target so using another ability will not cause you to re-engage.
  • Giving a move order will clear your old target. So, giving a move order and then casting Warp Area will cause DA to attack whatever he ends up closest to.
  • Fix for ranged units stopping short when ordered to attack structures.
  • Fix for summoned minions not starting at max health when the player has +minion health items.
  • Fix for Oculus' Ball Lightning spawning in invalid locations.
  • Unclean Beast's Plague ability will no longer overwrite Post Mortem.
  • Wings of the Seraphim will no longer be removed when healed.
  • -Heart of Life effects will no longer be removed when healed.
  • Fix for obscure Russian-translated map domination crash. Thank you, Ptarth, for helping to point the way on that.

Improvements:

• Achievement and Single Player tournament screen Demigod lists now have scrollbars.
  • Oculus??? Ball Lightning will now benefit from standard minion HitPoint Buffs.

Demigod customers can update to v1.3 via Impulse.

Locked Post 104 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 10, 2010 3:05:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Err.. are you just referring to Oak's minions now starting @ proper hp values

Yes. Oak minions just got a helluva buff. I can get my minions up to 1.7k health with ease (and for very little gold, too.)

June 10, 2010 8:46:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sooo... thanks for the patch, but it seems a bit smaller then the task list?

June 10, 2010 9:28:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I trired minion build queen yesterday but my game crashed in a fight with sedna sadly T.T

June 10, 2010 9:31:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_Splitshadow,
I wonder if WotS stacks.... Oak/Queen/Sedna team would never die with double wots and blood soaked wand mwahahah!
Shadow I actually want to test wots with queen are you in?

June 10, 2010 10:22:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Noticed a bug where when autoattacking a series of attacks will do no damage whatsoever. I can only guess at the cause. In theory, I guess it could be possible that every one of five hits in a row were "misses". But that's a very low statistical possibility. Further, it is repeatable, and I'm not sure what causes it to occur so I will try and get a replay.

June 10, 2010 10:40:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_Epiphenomenon,

Yes. Oak minions just got a helluva buff. I can get my minions up to 1.7k health with ease (and for very little gold, too.)

err.. curious as to what changed to make that possible?  Just did a test with lvl 20 oak, max spirits / morale and the only item I would consider "very little gold" that actually improved minion hp, Hauberk of life.  Was well short of 1.7k.. even included the crappy 2000g helmet, and it was < 1600 hp.  On top of that, didn't the patch only fix the fact that they didn't start with max hp, not change the actual minion health? :/

June 10, 2010 10:42:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Pfizzyhead,
Noticed a bug where when autoattacking a series of attacks will do no damage whatsoever. I can only guess at the cause. In theory, I guess it could be possible that every one of five hits in a row were "misses". But that's a very low statistical possibility. Further, it is repeatable, and I'm not sure what causes it to occur so I will try and get a replay.

Ya I've experienced this before... I thiiink it's when you're just slightly out of range for attack.  It still keeps doing the animation, but you're no longer in range.  Could be wrong about the cause, but the bug is not new with 1.3.. it's been a problem for a lonnng time

June 10, 2010 12:26:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting 4Nana,

Ya I've experienced this before... I thiiink it's when you're just slightly out of range for attack.  It still keeps doing the animation, but you're no longer in range.  Could be wrong about the cause, but the bug is not new with 1.3.. it's been a problem for a lonnng time

I know the one you're talking about and it's not that. I think this has to do with target resetting with move command. If you are an incessant clicker (like I can be when I'm angry or in hot pursuit) then I think it resets your target and you cause no damage. I'd love for some verification.

June 10, 2010 2:27:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting synnworld,
I trired minion build queen yesterday but my game crashed in a fight with sedna sadly T.T

Yes, someone please do check QoT minion build.  I suppose that little has really changed. My experience with Shamblers is that they are quite fragile and often die even before you can eat 'em!

June 10, 2010 3:06:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

IMO it's solid... try using Cosmo's Queen of Shields guide but put in 3 points of morale instead of entourage and get Siege Demolishers... the guide was written before people realized how good Demolishers were or the nerf to entourage so just adapt that and it seems like an awesome way to play now that shamblers have full life when summoned.

In some circumstances WotS will be much better than Cloak for Queen if you have a BotS TB in your lane for instance... imagine Teseer with endless life and endless mana... unstoppable!  Shield your squishy buddy and pump him up with 2000 hp every 35 seconds while he heals safely cause your Bramble Shield is absorbing the damage and not taking off the WotS buff.

This seems like a very good soft counter to spit, and ooze will make it very hard to use this new benefit even with vent style teamwork so I guess Beast finally sorta not really got a nerf... yay!

My internet still sucks so this is all in theory of course.

June 10, 2010 3:08:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I so want to do that now...

June 10, 2010 3:47:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Pfizzyhead,
Did you right click on the enemy while it happened? Any order you give your Demigod will cancel its current activity, including the Melee attack he is currently executing. It's really annyoing, especially with Rook and his low rate of fire. You have to be really really careful when you click what or where, otherwise it could be that Rook will never do damage with its Melee attack.

June 10, 2010 4:00:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting the_hunger,

Quoting synnworld, reply 53I trired minion build queen yesterday but my game crashed in a fight with sedna sadly T.T

Yes, someone please do check QoT minion build.  I suppose that little has really changed. My experience with Shamblers is that they are quite fragile and often die even before you can eat 'em!

I've been doing queens minion build majority of today and I love it, the hof my minions arent hiped out with level 2 or higher roi.

Shield + wots= epic staying power .

Quoting Thundercles,
IMO it's solid... try using Cosmo's Queen of Shields guide but put in 3 points of morale instead of entourage and get Siege Demolishers... the guide was written before people realized how good Demolishers were or the nerf to entourage so just adapt that and it seems like an awesome way to play now that shamblers have full life when summoned.

In some circumstances WotS will be much better than Cloak for Queen if you have a BotS TB in your lane for instance... imagine Teseer with endless life and endless mana... unstoppable!  Shield your squishy buddy and pump him up with 2000 hp every 35 seconds while he heals safely cause your Bramble Shield is absorbing the damage and not taking off the WotS buff.

This seems like a very good soft counter to spit, and ooze will make it very hard to use this new benefit even with vent style teamwork so I guess Beast finally sorta not really got a nerf... yay!

this except i only use it on myself, i have UG for teammates.

June 10, 2010 4:01:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_Teseer,
I so want to do that now...
Lol, now amagine having a large army behind you.

June 10, 2010 4:31:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Spooky that may be the case, but I don't think it was the case pre-patch. If so, then I can just get use to it.

June 11, 2010 2:30:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

err.. curious as to what changed to make that possible?  Just did a test with lvl 20 oak, max spirits / morale and the only item I would consider "very little gold" that actually improved minion hp, Hauberk of life.  Was well short of 1.7k.. even included the crappy 2000g helmet, and it was < 1600 hp.

You forgot to get a sigil on top of that. Actually the HP comes out to 1630 per spirit at level 10, so it's not quite 1700.

On top of that, didn't the patch only fix the fact that they didn't start with max hp, not change the actual minion health?

Yup. That's a buff. You had to either fly your spirits to the citadel and back or wait for the slow regen to finally work. Now spirits can start attacking immediately at full strength.

June 15, 2010 12:23:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I cant get the patch.

I try to do an internet game and it says you need 1.3 patch.

It closed the game and opened the retarted impulse thing.

under games it lists demigod, no patches.  For demigod requires like 2.1 gb

what do i have to do to get the damn patch?

I also tried that reset data trick and that did nothing at all...

June 15, 2010 4:01:16 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

how to make a change in name did not come empty messages from the last name?

June 15, 2010 11:23:09 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I cant get the patch.

If you're having trouble updating, please contact [email protected].

June 15, 2010 11:38:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Thundercles,

The problem is later in the game a fireball can drop yourshield without a problem, and tb can up the cool down of wots to about 80 seconds.

June 16, 2010 2:37:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Deep Freeze has always been a brutal counter to Queen late game, that will never change.

If you're not kicking enough ass from your early game advantage with Queen and WotS, you're going to get raped later on in the game when the nuking and the stunning is too much for you to handle.

Make sure you prioritize speed.  The trick to WotS Queen I believe would be to make sure your opponents are living in fear of you chasing them down because you can shield and use WotS when you get into their tower's range and keep hitting them with your AA.

Later in the game, make sure you have Wand of Speed or Orb of Defiance instead of a sigil.  Either shield and run with Wand or shield, WotS, and Orb to turtle up to recharge your health and cooldowns to try and get away once you come out of statue mode.  But none of that is going to work if you haven't been dominating the game early... and you've got Mulch 2+ by then anyway so WotS isn't that useful to you much more anyway.

June 16, 2010 3:42:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'd just love the fact that I could go to full health while running to a flag.

June 16, 2010 8:11:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've been playing a primary fire hybrid with WotS lately... it pretty much negates the two biggest early game hassles for a Torchbearer and I'm loving it.

UB uses Spit I on you... you say "thank you sir, may I have another?"

Reg wants to use his snipes on you?  Outstanding!

Its kind of like the old Speedbearer build from before the HoL nerf... cept not as good but you can do the hit and run and recharge at level 1.

June 16, 2010 8:29:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

haha, I like it. Post a replay! I wanna see it in action!

My project ATM is getting to ownage level with DA

June 16, 2010 9:32:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Thundercles,
I've been playing a primary fire hybrid with WotS lately... it pretty much negates the two biggest early game hassles for a Torchbearer and I'm loving it.

UB uses Spit I on you... you say "thank you sir, may I have another?"

Reg wants to use his snipes on you?  Outstanding!

Its kind of like the old Speedbearer build from before the HoL nerf... cept not as good but you can do the hit and run and recharge at level 1.

No more monks for you :3 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000609   Page Render Time: