The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Play Online Without Install

By on May 18, 2010 4:09:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So I have the game installed at home, I work in a campus computer lab and would love to be paid to play demigod all summer...

I can drag my demigod folder onto my flash drive (8gb), and i can run the game from there just fine, however when i go to play online it says "you need an update" but the game itselft shows version 1.20.xxx (the current one as i play online at home). 

Is there a registry key i can add? or what am i missing to allow demigod to see itself as up to date so i can play online.

Alternatively any suggestions on playing on a computer I do not wish to install programs on? (such as install to an external from the current (work) machine so the registry keys are created).

Thanks much for the advice!

+4 Karma | 3 Replies
May 18, 2010 5:54:23 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

It is found in the registry:

Key name: Version

Key type: REG_SZ

Key value: 1.20.147

Key location:

64-bit OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Stardock\Drengin.net\Demigod\

32-bit OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Stardock\Drengin.net\Demigod\

May 18, 2010 6:26:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ah Thanks I will try that on thursday and let you know how it goes, I had found that on my machine at home(64 bit), but must have messed up when i brought it over.  I'll edit to show if it works!

May 20, 2010 7:12:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So everyone knows adding the registry value will allow you to get into the game online!  Unfortunately for me I am unable to access enough controls of my campus to ping cvp1.stardock.com... so no play for me yet... (until i run a vpn and tunnel out of campus!)

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000110   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.