The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod v1.3 is in testing

By on May 15, 2010 6:28:05 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Greetings!

GPG has submitted to us version 1.3 of Demigod for testing. It addresses a whole bunch of outstanding issues that have been reported.

GPG has intimated to us that v1.3 is the beginning of a new series of free updates to Demigod.  I will have more details next week as it goes through QA.

+897 Karma | 155 Replies
June 7, 2010 3:54:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spooky__,

Quoting Spooky__. sorian is the or one of the devs from GPG who worked on this particular patch.

That does little to answer the question of consideration to perform a contract function or power to commit GPG to performance of an obligation.

Look, I am still trying to be positive, and overall I believe this will happen (hopefully soon). All I'm saying is that if a man walks up to you on the street and tells you that the government is going to make it so that you'll get a job next week, then you have to wonder about his reliability and his authority to speak on the matter.

June 7, 2010 4:10:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Pfizzyhead,
Look, I am still trying to be positive, and overall I believe this will happen (hopefully soon). All I'm saying is that if a man walks up to you on the street and tells you that the government is going to make it so that you'll get a job next week, then you have to wonder about his reliability and his authority to speak on the matter.
Who exactly in your metaphore is the guy from the street here on the forum?

June 7, 2010 4:26:09 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Sigh... guy who works at gpg posts on his blog that he's working on a patch for DG.  A week later frogboy makes a post saying patch received and needs to go through QA.  odds are no patch is coming or has been received?  crazy talk. 

June 7, 2010 5:27:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_pacov,
Sigh... guy who works at gpg posts on his blog that he's working on a patch for DG.  A week later frogboy makes a post saying patch received and needs to go through QA.  odds are no patch is coming or has been received?  crazy talk. 

June 7, 2010 5:31:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Like I said earlier, Frogboy posted that it would be released "next week" asuming it pased QA. Since it has not been released, it is best to assume that was what happened and "celebrate".

June 7, 2010 7:00:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Stardock has not returned the patch to us to my knowledge, so it is probably still going through QA.

June 8, 2010 4:38:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Erf, so not this week, ok ok... Ty a lot for this information Sorian !

June 8, 2010 6:44:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

after the last time when some really annoying bugs made it into the patch they propably want to be thorough and i know from my own experience that thorough testing ist a pain in the ass. at least i hope that this is why it is being delayed. but since we cant do anything about it anyway i suggest just to stay calm and be happy that they still support it at all!

June 8, 2010 8:29:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_pacov,

I question your business savvy.

June 8, 2010 8:57:40 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I question what we are talking about.  What we talking bout, Willis?  Oh, wait, this was all a trick to accomplish something on GPG or SD's behalf.  I get it now... as soon as I figure out what their goal at spreading this misinformation was, I will chime back in. It probably involved Seele. 

June 8, 2010 10:18:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The update is OUT!

June 8, 2010 10:29:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"Au temps pour moi."

June 8, 2010 10:35:08 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Anything new in the changelog?  Can't check until later. 

June 8, 2010 10:52:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Demigod v1.30 (1.30.154 on Impulse)
--------------------------------
- Abilities while moving fix: Demigod movement has been re-architected to resume attacking previous targets after using abilities. This fixes multiple problems with triggering Demigod abilities while moving.The following exceptions and modifications are by design:
- Direct targeted abilities, where it makes sense, will cause the Demigod to switch targets (like Warp Strike and Pounce). This will also set the old target variable so if they use a further ability they will go back to attacking their new target.
- Escape abilities (like Warp Scroll and Bat Swarm) will not re-engage the old target and will actually clear the old target so using another ability will not cause you to re-engage.
- Giving a move order will clear your old target. So, giving a move order and then casting Warp Area will cause DA to attack whatever he ends up closest to.
- Fix for ranged units stopping short when ordered to attack structures.
- Fix for summoned minions not starting at max health when the player has +minion health items.
- Fix for Oculus' Ball Lightning spawning in invalid locations.
- Unclean Beast's Plague ability will no longer overwrite Post Mortem.
- Wings of the Seraphim will no longer be removed when healed.
- Heart of Life effects will no longer be removed when healed.
- Fix for obscure Russian-translated map domination crash. Thank you, Ptarth, for helping to point the way on that.

Improvements

- Achievement and Single Player tournament screen Demigod lists now have scrollbars.
- Oculus’ Ball Lightning will now benefit from standard minion HitPoint Buffs.

June 8, 2010 10:57:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Once again, I am still on the positive side that good will come of this. But it is foolish to believe that it will a.) happen when they say it will, and b.) rely on persons', who may or may not have any authority on the matter, journal logs that it will happen at all.

Case in point, company is asked to improve morale amongst a community. One brave member sees an opportunity to improve morale by self initiating a long awaited patch for a game, submits the patch himself. Begins the process, but once management level sees how much it will cost to implement, and realizes only 100 people are largely playing in the community, pulls the plug.

I am not saying this is the case, but it is a valid and distinct possibility. Uphax and Pacov tell me I'm crazy, fair enough. My motivation was not to get troll responses. My intent was to get validation of the authority for the occurrence of this patch. Frogboy has more than once made it clear he can't do this single handed.

June 8, 2010 11:00:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Thanks.
June 8, 2010 11:01:09 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Cool - looking forward to checking this out later today.  Thanks, UhelligGudn!

June 8, 2010 11:27:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

awesome

June 8, 2010 11:28:40 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Also - nice for ptarth - immortalized in the change log!

June 8, 2010 11:56:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

sweet.  Hopefully the next patch inlcudes more from uberfix, especially fixing occuluses brainstorm lvl 5 and lvl 10 abilities to actually remove debuffs like the tooltip says (although it currently works @ lvl 15), and fixing the sacrifice talent to actually do something

June 8, 2010 12:03:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

wait wait, so shambler wont start with 500 hp now with minion hp items added?

June 8, 2010 12:16:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting synnworld,
wait wait, so shambler wont start with 500 hp now with minion hp items added?

i think so - have yet to try it though.

June 9, 2010 8:23:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Very glad to be wrong. Apologies to all for casting doubt.

June 9, 2010 8:28:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I  think they should higher ptarth and give him everything he needs to make the game more awesome then it already is.  In reality it will never happen.  But it would be cool if it did.

The End.

June 9, 2010 8:55:25 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

If think Sorian's first job as a developer came about, at least in part, because of the work he did on modding supcom and making the AI much more challenging. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000218   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.