The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod v1.3 is in testing

By on May 15, 2010 6:28:05 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1478

Greetings!

GPG has submitted to us version 1.3 of Demigod for testing. It addresses a whole bunch of outstanding issues that have been reported.

GPG has intimated to us that v1.3 is the beginning of a new series of free updates to Demigod.  I will have more details next week as it goes through QA.

Locked Post 155 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 21, 2010 12:23:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

How about a wee bit of info today, froggie?

May 21, 2010 12:39:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The update won't release. That news was released only to raise counter on that site

May 21, 2010 1:07:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have a few people lined up to start nagging to play again once this is released! (2 of em will buy the game, too!)

May 21, 2010 4:02:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

<humping Froggy's leg>

May 21, 2010 4:15:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sounds good to me

May 22, 2010 9:28:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

FROGBOY.  THIS IS A THREAT.  A WRITTEN, VERBAL, AND SINCERE THREAT. 

Note: Legally, I have to say this is not a threat.  However, it is.  Trust me.  Ever wonder how a woodpecker doesn't bash it's own brains in?  I have.  We'll find out, you and me.  If you do not succumb to my demands.

So.  Now that the ground rules have been established(not really.):

Whats the news on the patch?  Will we have fixed things?  New toys?  Tell us or I will buy you a puppy, send you adorable photos of it, and send it through a wood chipper*.

-Taco.

*Okay, probably not a woodchipper.  That would be mean.  I like puppies.  Maybe it would be a kitty.  A whole litter of kitties*.

...*Okay, if it was kitties, I'd probably just put some meow mix by the end of the hopper and hope they wind up in their on their own. I mean, I have a soul and feelings.  I assume kitties do too. 

-Taco.

May 22, 2010 12:54:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The only gameplay fixes I'm banking on are changes in base speeds and removing those effing sigils.

May 22, 2010 1:00:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And add spell dmg/resist!!

May 22, 2010 1:12:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, this is the last day of "next week."

May 22, 2010 1:17:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Which can only mean one thing...

Weeks are longer now! The poles! They shift! The tectonic plates, they bump!

THEY WARNED US! WE'RE DOOMED!

May 23, 2010 2:33:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Don't be bothered. There is more ongoing then just Demigod...So if you want something to take up your time sign in for the Beta of Elemental - War of Magic...

By the way I do not expect to hear anything from Frogboy next week...He plans a promotion tour for Elemental...

May 23, 2010 6:32:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And add spell dmg/resist!!

-------

It would be interresting and improve some items, yeah !

May 23, 2010 6:36:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hooooraaay day 8 of "next week"

May 23, 2010 8:19:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_Teseer,
Which can only mean one thing...

Weeks are longer now! The poles! They shift! The tectonic plates, they bump!

THEY WARNED US! WE'RE DOOMED!

That movie was really bad. The scene with the car dodging meteors and flying through collapsing buildings was amazing though. Oh noes, neutrinos! It's not as if they just pass harmlessly through matter or anything 

May 23, 2010 3:58:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I bought the puppy.  Please don't make me do it.

May 23, 2010 4:14:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I just bought this game while it was one sale. Hopefully the patches frogboy speaks of will materialize sooner rather than later.

May 23, 2010 4:19:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well hopefully since it's taking so long it means they have lots to stuff to test??? ^^;

Plus, I think they only push patches on Tuesday... so we'll see. Anyway, they are certainly more concerned about Elemental at this point which is totally fine (and I almost prefer...). 

May 23, 2010 7:48:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,
I just bought this game while it was one sale. Hopefully the patches frogboy speaks of will materialize sooner rather than later.

I think that "Demigod'ing" a game should be a term that enters GPG's lexicon, as in:

"Let this game be the only one we will have ever Demigod'd."

May 23, 2010 8:37:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Demigod v1.30 (1.30.154 on Impulse)
--------------------------------
- Abilities while moving fix: Demigod movement has been re-architected to resume attacking previous targets after using abilities. This fixes multiple problems with triggering Demigod abilities while moving.The following exceptions and modifications are by design:
- Direct targeted abilities, where it makes sense, will cause the Demigod to switch targets (like Warp Strike and Pounce). This will also set the old target variable so if they use a further ability they will go back to attacking their new target.
- Escape abilities (like Warp Scroll and Bat Swarm) will not re-engage the old target and will actually clear the old target so using another ability will not cause you to re-engage.
- Giving a move order will clear your old target. So, giving a move order and then casting Warp Area will cause DA to attack whatever he ends up closest to.
- Fix for ranged units stopping short when ordered to attack structures.
- Fix for summoned minions not starting at max health when the player has +minion health items.
- Fix for Oculus' Ball Lightning spawning in invalid locations.
- Unclean Beast's Plague ability will no longer overwrite Post Mortem.
- Wings of the Seraphim will no longer be removed when healed.
- Heart of Life effects will no longer be removed when healed.
- Fix for obscure Russian-translated map domination crash. Thank you, Ptarth, for helping to point the way on that.

Improvements

- Achievement and Single Player tournament screen Demigod lists now have scrollbars.
- Oculus’ Ball Lightning will now benefit from standard minion HitPoint Buffs.

Release will be as soon as it passes QA.

May 23, 2010 8:49:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

great to hear some of the targeting issues will be fixed. A little sad to see less of the Uberfix changes being incorporated than I hoped, but at least you have the big one (minion hp bug). 

Plus, keeps us uberfixers with having a job. :3 

May 23, 2010 9:56:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

great. just minor fixes

May 23, 2010 10:05:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting 5Nana,
great. just minor fixes

Frogboy did say that GPG expressed an interest in doing a /series/ of patches. We might see another small bugfix patch (Uberfix integration?) in a month or two and then a small balance patch after that. 

Plus, they could always just distribute Uberfix as a mod in the mod folder that way they wouldn't have to officially support it. 

May 23, 2010 10:30:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Demigod v1.30 (1.30.154 on Impulse)
--------------------------------
- Abilities while moving fix: Demigod movement has been re-architected to resume attacking previous targets after using abilities. This fixes multiple problems with triggering Demigod abilities while moving.The following exceptions and modifications are by design:
- Direct targeted abilities, where it makes sense, will cause the Demigod to switch targets (like Warp Strike and Pounce). This will also set the old target variable so if they use a further ability they will go back to attacking their new target.
- Escape abilities (like Warp Scroll and Bat Swarm) will not re-engage the old target and will actually clear the old target so using another ability will not cause you to re-engage.
- Giving a move order will clear your old target. So, giving a move order and then casting Warp Area will cause DA to attack whatever he ends up closest to.
- Fix for ranged units stopping short when ordered to attack structures.
- Fix for summoned minions not starting at max health when the player has +minion health items.
- Fix for Oculus' Ball Lightning spawning in invalid locations.
- Unclean Beast's Plague ability will no longer overwrite Post Mortem.
- Wings of the Seraphim will no longer be removed when healed.
- Heart of Life effects will no longer be removed when healed.
- Fix for obscure Russian-translated map domination crash. Thank you, Ptarth, for helping to point the way on that.

Improvements

- Achievement and Single Player tournament screen Demigod lists now have scrollbars.
- Oculus’ Ball Lightning will now benefit from standard minion HitPoint Buffs.

Release will be as soon as it passes QA.

Thanks for the details!

May 23, 2010 10:42:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting 5Nana,
great. just minor fixes

I'd rather a series of small patches be released in short bursts than one big patch to fix everything that takes far longer to arrive.

May 24, 2010 1:07:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree with ZehDon.  I know we can all go the jerk route with this and say WTF - you didn't fix ____?!?  But frankly, our game is still seeing updates and that's great.  I hope QA ensures everything in the change log is implemented successfully.  I'm looking forward to this release and the subsequent future ones.  If I can help out at all with testing, please let me know. 

Thanks again for the update, froggy!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time: