The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod Mod Manager

By on February 24, 2010 8:59:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm currently coding this in delphi I'll be updating this post with screenshots and info soon (I'm looking for testers).

0 Karma | 63 Replies
February 25, 2010 1:18:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

but there already is one in the game.

?

February 25, 2010 2:22:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

IT WILL BE TWO THOUSAND TIMES MORE EPIC AND SHOOT PINK LASERS AT YOUR OPPONENTS

February 25, 2010 6:47:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Mine will automaticly download and update mod's and it will install all the mods that are listed on my server which ill give developers access to upload new mods so they can be distributed

February 25, 2010 10:13:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

pink lasers indeed...

February 26, 2010 12:35:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm not sure that promoting the use of an executable from an unverified programmer from an unverified site that downloads unverified programs from another unverified site is a good idea.

February 26, 2010 12:47:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting awuffleablehedgie,
IT WILL BE TWO THOUSAND TIMES MORE EPIC AND SHOOT PINK LASERS AT YOUR OPPONENTS
2000 x 0= 0

February 26, 2010 1:52:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would really support this if you used zechios server for downloads (if this is possible with your code/goals, pm him maybe to ask if thats ok) A few of the modders use it already so it is fairly well estabished within the community.

Also, i am curious, will we be able to browse to only install the mods of interest or will it download all mods in one go?

Exx

February 26, 2010 5:54:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Exxcentric,
I would really support this if you used zechios server for downloads (if this is possible with your code/goals, pm him maybe to ask if thats ok) A few of the modders use it already so it is fairly well estabished within the community.

Also, i am curious, will we be able to browse to only install the mods of interest or will it download all mods in one go?

Exx

I own a couple servers and a few domains we will figure something out about that,

As for functionality I think it would be better if it just installed/updated all available mods(I may just add install/update everything feature) and just have a selectable list of installable mods like your asking I'm really just kinda doing this when I feel like it (mainly during breaks from playing demigod) I already made one for SupCom just for personal use.

Heres a lil preview I estimate I could have private testing version done in the next day and a decent functioning one done in the next week.

After I complete this I plan on making a few Mods myself considering there scripting language is almost identical to delphi it shouldn't be to hard ( I guess you could say its more like delphi/c++/java combined idk...w/e)

February 26, 2010 10:30:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Heya, some nice screenies!

Some questions:

How will we (modders) set up updates? All my mods have to go into the same folder (/favormod/) due to restrictions with new textures and icons. However, just overwriting files corrupts the mod, the folder needs deleting before the new one can be installed (currently this has to be done manually) although i am looking into doing this with script, could this cause problems with you manager? Also how do we upload the mod so it can differentiate between versions?

A question at stardock: If this works out well, will it be possible to integrate this into impulse? Every time i release a new version of my mod it takes several hours before we can get it working properly, even with the autoinstaller, simply because people dont look for updates or they forget to remove the previous version and having not information provided on impulse means that all the players who dont regularly visit the forums are not really aware of the mods availible. Also, I have recently bought supcom 1 and found that they GPG advertises mods on their  launcher. This would do wonders for you modding community .

Exx

February 27, 2010 4:43:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It kind looks noob at the moment when I have all the coding done I'll rework the look and give it a custom GUI (guis are easy to make) basicly i hope to eventualy make it into something like WoWMatrix if you guys have heard of that...

February 28, 2010 2:55:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Progress:

Well I'm looking for some testers and some ideas for features I should add...

February 28, 2010 9:47:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

imo just make it as simple as possible. i would only use one window at all. i has a list with the mods. checked mods are installed, unchecked are not installed. only one button should be there: update. it deletes the not checked mods if they exist locally and downloads the checked ones if they dont exist already. i would handle the mods on the server as zip so you dont have to cope with partially downloaded folders and the download will be faster.

March 1, 2010 11:13:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think I'm going to automaticly update all installed mods on execution just because people that would use this all would have mod's upto date and it would just be better that way... anyone disagree?

January 31, 2011 10:26:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm back...bump....lol

January 31, 2011 10:59:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hi mate

January 31, 2011 11:09:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hello splash - saw one of the games you recently hosted and I'd thought I'd respond.  The game isn't dead, but the population has decreased.  Stardock has been running some sales and has been sponsoring some tournaments that the community puts together.

If you want to get caught up quickly on the mod scene, here you go:  https://forums.demigodthegame.com/399399

February 1, 2011 12:37:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think I might start work on this... I just got done coding a poker bot... and im ready to start a new project / revive an old one..would anyone like to see this completed?

February 1, 2011 1:11:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting iSplash,
I think I might start work on this... I just got done coding a poker bot... and im ready to start a new project / revive an old one..would anyone like to see this completed?

well... I think a few modders and I will be happy to discuss this with you.  If we can find a good use for your app, then sure - we want it.  We don't really want you to waste your time, though, so check out the link I provided - read up - and then download "pacov's combined installation package."  Give it a look.  Provide some feedback and let's discuss your app!

February 1, 2011 2:59:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well its pretty much completely coded....only needs a few things... it wouldn't be a waste of much time to finish it

February 1, 2011 3:04:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmm... I just thaught of an idea... We could make it a launcher type application..and on execution check for updates on mods and ask the user if they want them to install (could also have a auto update feature) If you guys have Idea's I'd be willing to try and impliment them into the app.

February 1, 2011 2:31:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So is anyone interested?

February 1, 2011 6:53:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well noone really knows until we get to look at what you built.

Maybe throw it up so everyone can see what you made and we might be able to give some feedback

February 1, 2011 7:04:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well theres already images up(Cant you see them?) I wondering you guys liked that style... or would rather have something like a GPG net client... or just a launcher(you know how theres a launcher for World of Warcraft)  I could do that and just have it automaticly download critical bug fix mods,and have a tab to download other mods...

February 6, 2011 8:48:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I was thinking something like this :

Launcher Preview

What it would do is when opened would automaticly download and install the newest "uberfix" and other bug fixes along with other things which can be discussed...

The "News" tab would have tournament info/Update info...

The "Installed Mods" tab obviously will show you the mods you have installed and allow you  to check for updates and Enable and Disable them before demigod is opened (incase your to lazy to goto the mod manager and do it yourself)

The "Available Mods" tab would show you what mods are available  for download (will have images for mods and discriptions) and give you the option to download and install them

There will eventually be a nice GUI for it....(If anyone feels like making a GUI for it your work would be much appreciated...but if i got to do this myself I will take the time to make it myself)

I'll also be giving anyone that creates mods access to add mods...

I'm open to any suggestions/ideas....

February 6, 2011 9:33:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think this could be very useful if it were to be proven and taken up by the community -- no need to have to go the forums to get new versions, just boot this before starting demigod.

I think the biggest problem will be getting ppl to download off an unknown FTP server. Does anyone think that there is a chance that we will be able to get stardock/GPG to dedicate a small amount of space on one of their servers for this to connect to?

Ie. Mods are uploaded to Publisher/Maker sites and then downloaded with this software

This would be a MASSIVE boon for the modding community.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000687   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.