The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod Mod Manager

By on February 24, 2010 8:59:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm currently coding this in delphi I'll be updating this post with screenshots and info soon (I'm looking for testers).

0 Karma | 63 Replies
February 14, 2011 10:20:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I really really really want this required for all demigod users to use take a look at this idea senerio:

• Stardock makes everyone have this installer that owns demigod, people that already own DG and people that buy the game tomorrow
  • Updates and fixes are released by modders
  • these new mods are downloaded and installed some how automatically with this installer to everyones copy
  • Mods like Uberfix and Ai Skirmish are ALWAYS ON set to on (some how unable to be disabled by us, the users)
  • Other mods are still the same way

This would make it so the community can balance fix, bug fix, and add new content globally and everyone is using these mods even if they are not on the forum and know nothing of mods.

• Modders release balanced new favor items and items that have been tested out and balanced by pro members of the community
  • free new content for all users is now possible without any support from Stardock and GPG

Essentially we can have a community run game here if it is implimented in this way. I don't think everyone understands the awesomeness that can come from this installer. I hope what I just wrote makes sence to everyone. I also feel like this is what Splash wants to achieve.

February 14, 2011 10:25:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I hope what I just wrote makes sence to everyone.

Yes, it does. However, there is one basic assumption that appears not entirely realistic:

Stardock makes everyone have this installer that owns demigod, people that already own DG and people that buy the game tomorrow

I agree with the rest of the post, of course.

February 14, 2011 4:49:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Stardock makes everyone

Yeah.. ok.. but..

Isn't the "makes" part of the equation the problem though? I mean they "could" implement any number of community developed concepts into a patch after some testing (e.g. uberfix). Isn't it just another case of this being a job for GPG and not SD. Or have I misunderstood the past 50 thread on this topic?

February 14, 2011 5:08:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well I think pacov could get frogboy to have this installer released as a sort of patch. It would require little to no work on there part.

February 14, 2011 11:58:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ain't gonna happen.  As I've said before, no company will ever directly support a third-party launcher.  I could take the time to make a long-ass bullet point list with all of the reasons why it won't happen, but if you think about it from a liability and support standpoint (as in you're legally liable for any potential damages incurred by said third-party program) you should be able to figure out most of them on your own.

Nevermind that it WOULD take a lot of work, and WOULD cost money to implement.  Everything does, no matter how simple and small and 'already-done' it looks to us.

And that nobody would want to be forced to run a new third-party launcher and download mods just to run the game, when they may not want any mods at all.

February 15, 2011 9:10:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting miriyaka,
Ain't gonna happen.  As I've said before, no company will ever directly support a third-party launcher.  I could take the time to make a long-ass bullet point list with all of the reasons why it won't happen, but if you think about it from a liability and support standpoint (as in you're legally liable for any potential damages incurred by said third-party program) you should be able to figure out most of them on your own.

Nevermind that it WOULD take a lot of work, and WOULD cost money to implement.  Everything does, no matter how simple and small and 'already-done' it looks to us.

And that nobody would want to be forced to run a new third-party launcher and download mods just to run the game, when they may not want any mods at all.

If this is the case then I have no more faith in DG having a future.

gg

February 26, 2011 6:12:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Just the fact that the creator of this program that has acces to download anything when you launch demigod has threatened to use botnets on people/ services makes me severly against ever using this program.
March 1, 2011 3:56:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_Jona,
Just the fact that the creator of this program that has acces to download anything when you launch demigod has threatened to use botnets on people/ services makes me severly against ever using this program.

pacov you can ban him anytime for harrasment hes been doing it accessively

he bends the truth execesively and will not stop defacing my image .... for example

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/405736/

and here

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/405766

March 2, 2011 2:03:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Jona's pretty dramatic from time to time... methinks you might have the same sort of drama if someone pisses you off, eh?

Look.  We are going though a fairly serious period of crackdowns on folks in Demigod (suffice to say, stirring up trouble right now probably won't bode well for anyone).  Splash - give it a rest for a week.  Every single DG player has had to deal with folks that lose a match and then desync.  Its VERY important to stress that desyncs CAN and DO happen without folks trying to cause them.  So opening up a post everytime a game desyncs and pointing fingers is NOT appropriate.  Sure, I'm all for observing patterns - if every single game jona lost, the game desync'd, I'd be interested.  But if that's not the case, then posting every single instance of a problem just invites negativy.  So, here's a simple suggestion.  Save some screenshots and replays.  Give it a week or 2, then make 1 post where you track all of your info if you feel a single player is exploiting.  I will look at your post and SD will as well.  If you have a valid claim, it will be addressed, but I really do want to stress again, desyncs can and do happen without someone acting maliciously.  

Anyway, let's reduce the jona says boo isplash and isplash says boo jona posts for a week or so.  Just get back to playing.  If you fellas have a problem with each other, its easy enough to avoid one another in the meantime.  And isplash - ffs, if someone harasses you in game, feel free to talk back if you must... but seriously... and I mean VERY seriously - don't threaten to hack or drop them from the internet or whatever.  Just talk back if ya gotta. 

March 2, 2011 9:59:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_pacov,
Jona's pretty dramatic from time to time... methinks you might have the same sort of drama if someone pisses you off, eh?

Look.  We are going though a fairly serious period of crackdowns on folks in Demigod (suffice to say, stirring up trouble right now probably won't bode well for anyone).  Splash - give it a rest for a week.  Every single DG player has had to deal with folks that lose a match and then desync.  Its VERY important to stress that desyncs CAN and DO happen without folks trying to cause them.  So opening up a post everytime a game desyncs and pointing fingers is NOT appropriate.  Sure, I'm all for observing patterns - if every single game jona lost, the game desync'd, I'd be interested.  But if that's not the case, then posting every single instance of a problem just invites negativy.  So, here's a simple suggestion.  Save some screenshots and replays.  Give it a week or 2, then make 1 post where you track all of your info if you feel a single player is exploiting.  I will look at your post and SD will as well.  If you have a valid claim, it will be addressed, but I really do want to stress again, desyncs can and do happen without someone acting maliciously.  

Anyway, let's reduce the jona says boo isplash and isplash says boo jona posts for a week or so.  Just get back to playing.  If you fellas have a problem with each other, its easy enough to avoid one another in the meantime.  And isplash - ffs, if someone harasses you in game, feel free to talk back if you must... but seriously... and I mean VERY seriously - don't threaten to hack or drop them from the internet or whatever.  Just talk back if ya gotta. 
ive never threaghtened him ive simply stated that it wasn't me and if it had been he wouldn't be here...basicly nullifying his accusation and i also pointed out how he was drasticly lieing about everything...its sad that people on this forums act like little kids anytime they get the chance / anytime they don't like someone or something

March 2, 2011 4:56:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ive never threaghtened him ive simply stated that it wasn't me and if it had been he wouldn't be here.

sigh.... except for that threat? Passive aggressiveness ftw!

You cant state that you aren't doing something, then enact said bahaviour in the same statement without putting ppl off side.

March 2, 2011 8:12:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting doggu,

ive never threaghtened him ive simply stated that it wasn't me and if it had been he wouldn't be here.

sigh.... except for that threat? Passive aggressiveness ftw!

You cant state that you aren't doing something, then enact said bahaviour in the same statement without putting ppl off side.
how is that a threat its a fact.

March 2, 2011 9:34:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

how is that a threat its a fact.

lol

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000454   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.