The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

The iPad. Who names these things?

By on January 27, 2010 4:32:55 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Short answer: Yes. I’m going to get one.

Why? Well, for me, two main reasons.

One, I currently use my iPhone to browse the net in the evening and its tiny screen is a bit of a bummer at times. I have my beloved ThinkPad T400 but it is a bit too heavy to just have sitting on my lap to surf the net and its form factor doesn’t lend itself to reading.

Two, I use my iPhone for watching movies while I work out and it’s small screen is annoying for that. I don’t use the laptop because, again, the form factor doesn’t let me easily put it up on things.

I kind of feel bad for people who bought the Kindle. This thing will kill that.

I am quite bummed it doesn’t have a camera. I could imagine this thing being super useful for Skype video chatting but oh well.

+891 Karma | 52 Replies
February 16, 2010 4:40:40 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

the cult of apple is the cult of madness.

way overpriced hardware that does what everyone has already been doing for years. Also, apple doesn't sell products, they sell a lifestyle.

February 16, 2010 6:06:07 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DethAdder,
Quoting TheDarkKnight2008, reply 49As this topic shows, people like to make jokes about the iTampon more then use it.

Yea, I kind of wonder how many sales they are actually getting beyond the "I'll buy anything with an i in front of it" crowd.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108436  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000031   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.