The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Locked Post

Updating....

By on January 13, 2010 3:24:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

at 4 mbs......

+28 Karma | 67 Replies
January 13, 2010 5:46:51 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Splitshadow,
No oculus in tournament mode yet I suppose?

He should be...  If he's not, try running Demigod as Administrator and logging into multiplayer.  That should trigger it, and you should only have to do that once.

January 13, 2010 5:46:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Start a Skirmish, that enables Ock's tournament.

January 13, 2010 5:59:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

at least you get your money's worth of lols with demigod's problems ^^
so weird you have to enable ur own patch

January 13, 2010 6:02:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

doesn't work for me either...it's grayed out...:/ I followed all those steps, got the e-mail...still no occulus.

LE: Nvm, works now, seems you need to wait half an hour or so, until server updates or somthing.

January 13, 2010 6:18:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The problem was that:

SD/GPG released patch v1.20 with 2 new demigods: DA and Occulus. They had them disabled though for almost all users. After about 1 month DA was officially enabled. Then we were waiting for Occulus. Everyone waited for 2-3 months for him. Today, after all this time a patch with some fixes AND occulus arrives. And some people ofc have problems.

What is wrong with Demigod, Stardock and GPG?

Why is everything done so damn slow? Why do all players that love this game must suffer? Why do we still get these ancient/prehistoric lobby crashes?

Why many easy fixes for bugs are not getting implemented into the game? (Minions summon with half their HP for example)

What do the poor new players would think about all these problems they are not familiar with?

Finally, Why do we have to go through a procedure to enable Occulus?

(I understand that this may be for testing future DLC but this is not something you pay for, Occulus is free for all)

January 13, 2010 6:21:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Splitshadow,
Did you mean 4 KB/s? 4MB/s is godlike speed

I was bouncing from 3-5 mbs, mbs is the unit that was next to the number so I assume it was in mega bites.

It should be godly fast and ASUS with a duo core processor with 4 gigs should do work.

January 13, 2010 6:25:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It should be godly fast and ASUS with a duo core processor with 4 gigs should do work.

Cow... who taught you the internetz?

January 13, 2010 6:28:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

After uninstalling and installing again, I can select Occulus. I dont know what fixed it, but at least it did.

Should I thank God, or just my luck?

January 13, 2010 6:32:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting morpheas768,
I already unistalled Demigod to be sure. Downloading it now. Hope I can install it soon, and that Occ will be enabled.
Be sure to manually delete your Grame.prefs too (or simply the whole Demigod folder in My Games) since that will not be removed during uninstallation. // ah nvm, you got it fixed

Quoting Splitshadow,
Also, deleting gameprefs fixed it for me, and just FYI, this is probably the most convoluted way of downloading an update I've ever seen.
You are referring to unlocking Occulus. Downloading and installing the update is still just one click in Impulse.

January 13, 2010 6:40:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmm tried all the fixes,reinstalled still no occ.

January 13, 2010 6:41:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

To be honest, if this is the future of Demigod or rather, the future business practices of Stardock, I want no part of this.

I was excited to see a new Demigod update with Oculus no less and couldn't wait for the update. First thing I did (haven't installed the new patch yet as I'm currently having some net trouble) was look at the 'View History'. This is what surprised me most. I have to 'buy' my Demigods now? Is this what Demigod has come to? It's bad enough that a large portion of players have long since abandoned the game and NOW you want what little player base there is to BUY additions to the game?

I figured I'd play along and 'buy' Oculus and surprise! I now have another serial key. Nickle and Diming DLC anyone? All I can say is at least this one is free, although there is no guarantee future updates will.

Scrap this idea of nickel and diming DLC and actually make a decent sized Expansion Pack. You know, like GPG's other game Supreme Commander - an expansion that added a hell of a lot to the original game in the form of Forged Alliance. Call it Demigod - Battle for Righteousness and have a significant chunk of content to offer, say, 4 extra multiplayer maps and 4 Demigods.

Hey, here's an idea! Seeing as only 23% of all Demigod players even considered playing online, how about we have the expansion pack have an excellent SINGLE PLAYER STORYLINE! How about we make it a prequel to the Demigod tournament we have now, where you play as the God who rose to power and subsequently fell, causing the battle for control we have now.

Alas, this won't happen will it? The days of significant content has long since passed us. A classic mentality is why I love(d) Stardock. Their stance against DRM, their support for Sins (also props to the talented men and women at Ironclad), their complete transparency etc. Again, if Stardock are heading down this path of nickel and diming their consumers then I want no part of this.

January 13, 2010 6:59:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Imho an expansion isn't really suitable for Demigod. I'd rather pay small fees for additional Maps or Demigods.

January 13, 2010 7:09:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'd rather pay for good maps than more tier 2 Demigods.

January 13, 2010 7:11:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Imo, SD should pay some attention, if they want people to still buy their games, because frankly there are still many many issues.

Also, SD should make Spooky and ZehDon their forum administrators or PR managers or something like that, since they are doing already a great job defending Demigod and all these problems.

Edit: I am still waiting for ZehDon, to tell me that I very dumb to enable the new demigod, that its entirely my fault, and that Demigod is perfect.

January 13, 2010 7:24:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Update 1.20.147 is all about oculus!!! Unlocking him and making him work is also part of the f...in update.

Jeez sometimes i feel that we are playing diffrent games. How can people be so blind to so obvius and outrageus mistakes from stardock.

Yeah i know they are not Blizzard. And guess what they never will be. This never will be another warcraft  becuase they are soo lazy to put even tiny chagnes in the game.

January 13, 2010 7:27:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I want to thank Rosco_P for being the only SD member staff, who tried to help with this Occulus problem

Thank you for your help, from me.

January 13, 2010 7:31:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Update 1.20.147 is all about oculus!!! Unlocking him and making him work is also part of the f...in update.

Jeez sometimes i feel that we are playing diffrent games. How can people be so blind to so obvius and outrageus mistakes from stardock.

Yeah i know they are not Blizzard. And guess what they never will be. This never will be another warcraft  becuase they are soo lazy to put even tiny chagnes in the game.

It's really hard to take people serious who don't realize that Stardock isn't the developer of the game. And btw, GPG did an amazing job with Oculus and he's free.

I can say though this is the free content Demigod is likely to get. No one wants to deal with the community when it comes to new releases. It's a good group online but in the forums, good grief.

To make it easier, I'll ask them to just add Oculus to everyone's account automatically. The idea was to find out how many active Demigod users there were who were willing to go through a store page to add a Demigod to their account.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.