The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Mod] Sila Skin Mod #1: Battle Cat

By on January 13, 2010 3:21:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sila Skin Project Release #1:

Working on changes the textures for the QoT Focus Mod, I was suddenly inspired to do something awesome. I thus bring you awesome. Sedna's leopard Sila reskinned as Battle Cat from He-Man, Masters of the Universe. This version of the skin is in non-UI mod form, which can only be used if everyone has it, UNLESS you follow the included readme.txt instructions. If you follow the instructions you can use it without requiring other people to have it, but it is a little more complicated.

Download version 1.0 of Sila Skin Mod: Battle Cat

If you have comments or possible improvements, please feel free to add them below.

I'm also interested in awesome ideas for further skins (preferably with little work involved). My current list of interesting projects is: a reskinned black armor Oak (a reasonable amount of work), A Stardock/Frogboy reskinned Oak (some work, but would be awesome), a TorchBearer with black fire (a huge amount of work, and may require a permanent nonUI modd).

Below is the readme if you are curious.

Readme.txt

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sila reskinned to resemble Battle Cat from He-Man, Masters of the Universe.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This version of the Skins Mod is incorporated into an actual mod. The upside of this is easy installation. The downside
is that you cannot use it ingame unless all other players have the mod. If you like the look of the skin follow the
installation instructions below to use itin game without requiring anyone else to have the mod.

Installation Instructions
   1. Backup your original Demigod Skins
         1. For the Sila these files are 
               1. ..\Stardock Games\Demigod\bindata\characters\Leopard_Rider\Leopard_Albedo.dds
         2. Create the Folder: ..\Stardock Games\Demigod\bindata\characters\Leopard_Rider\Backup\
         3. Copy all of the *.dds files from ..\Stardock Games\Demigod\bindata\characters\Leopard_Rider\ to this folder
   2. Download the skins you want to use
         1. Save the new skins to ..\Stardock Games\Demigod\bindata\characters\Leopard_Rider\NewSkins\
   3. Copy the skin files that you want to use from the download folder to the base folder
         1. Download folder: ..\Stardock Games\Demigod\bindata\characters\Leopard_Rider\NewSkins\
         2. Base folder: ..\Stardock Games\Demigod\bindata\characters\Leopard_Rider\
         3. You may need to extract the files from an archive (i.e., unzip them)

How to enable the Mod

Once you have copied and renamed the files, the skin change is automatically in effect. Only you will see the new skins.

Why the difficult and confusing installation instructions?
"AKA why don't you just make this a mod like other UI mods"
The short answer is that while this seems like a UI-only mod, it isn't.

There are (at least) two ways to change skins.

1. Alter the blueprint files to point at different dds files.
         1. This requires making a non-UI mod
         2. As a non-UI mod, this requires that all players have the mod enabled for any of the players to use it
   2. Replace the dds files that the blueprints reference.
         1. This does not require any modding support from the demigods engine.
         2. This allows players to use the mod regardless of other players

+89 Karma | 15 Replies
January 13, 2010 12:20:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

LOOOL! Epic win!

January 13, 2010 5:45:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ha! That's hilarious! Good job, man.

January 13, 2010 9:38:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Awesome!

January 13, 2010 9:50:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

nice.

January 14, 2010 11:18:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Give Yetis the texture scheme of Orko.

Sedna could also be given the texture scheme of Teela?

January 14, 2010 11:46:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Remodel Sedna to He-man. But keep the voice

January 14, 2010 12:40:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

completely delightful.    +1

January 14, 2010 12:57:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LORD-ORION,
Give Yetis the texture scheme of Orko.

Sedna could also be given the texture scheme of Teela?
I will kill you if you o this ptarth

January 14, 2010 1:28:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

BTW; just noticed. "The power is yours!" is from Captan Planet, the LGBT cartoon. He-man's line is "I have the power!"

January 14, 2010 1:29:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
  • Yetis as Orko
    • I'm not seeing how it would work. I'm currently unsold on the idea of Red Yetis.
  • Sedna as Teela
    • This has some possibilities. Although in the end I'm not sure if it will just look like Sedna has a new outfit.
  • Sedna as He-Man
    • Currently, changing the model isn't something that is feasible. Among other things, we don't have access to the animation format without buying a copy of Granny .
  • "The Power is Yours" vs. "I have the Power!"
    • Whoops. I should fix that. Thanks for the heads up.

January 14, 2010 1:31:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ptarth,

Yetis as Orko

I'm not seeing how it would work. I'm currently unsold on the idea of Red Yetis.

Sedna as Teela

This has some possibilities. Although in the end I'm not sure if it will just look like Sedna has a new outfit.

Sedna as He-Man

Currently, changing the model isn't something that is feasible. Among other things, we don't have access to the animation format without buying a copy of Granny .

Depends which version of teela? The 2000s version or the very old one? Because the 2000s was sexier.

January 14, 2010 1:44:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting synnworld,

Depends which version of teela? The 2000s version or the very old one? Because the 2000s was sexier.

Given that I can't change the underlying model, the two are about the same in this case. The changes I can see working out would be:

• Redder Hair
  • White Tunic with Gold Trim
  • Add a little more vibrancy to other parts of her texture

The only other change I think would work would be alter her specteam.dds to give the metal parts of her tunic more luster.

January 14, 2010 1:45:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

?

...there's a non-80s He-man?!

January 15, 2010 7:23:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Their are to versions; the original heman. Then theirs the masters of the universe which use to play on toonami.
January 17, 2010 8:05:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow, absolutely amazing.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000141   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.