The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Brad’s List of the 10 Best Games of the Decade

By on January 5, 2010 1:11:38 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+759

With the decade over, or almost over depending on who you ask, it’s time to reflect on the last 10 years and our very own Brad Wardell has published his list of the Top 10 Games of the Decade!

Brad’s 10 best games of the decade

Locked Post 28 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 5, 2010 1:34:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No Warcraft 3

Otherwise I kinda agreed with the list, apart from CoD4, It shouldnt be in that list at all :/

January 5, 2010 6:38:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No DIablo II? Fail

No Spore? Fail

Hey, and why is DG not on this list? Fail

No accounting for taste I guess.

January 5, 2010 7:29:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

All credibility was lost on #5.

(But I still love you Brady-poo

January 5, 2010 10:16:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i agree with most of that except for (like above) no warcraft or diablo. but i reckon CoD4 should be higher or put CoDMW2 in cause they are the fpss EVER. guitar hero is crap should take that off.

January 6, 2010 1:40:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wii Sports was on that list. WTF?

January 6, 2010 4:17:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, these games were best for the industry. But they hardly gave the best gaming experience.

January 6, 2010 9:47:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

needs more devil may cry, demon's souls, diablo 2, and MGS imo

January 6, 2010 6:19:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Shadow of the Colossus ought to be on every list of the 10 best games of the decade!

January 6, 2010 6:55:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LORD-ORION,
No DIablo II? Fail

No Spore? Fail

Spore?  One of the best? I think Metacritic would like to have word with you.  It has the worst ratio of professional reviews to user reviews of any game in history.  See for yourself

January 7, 2010 12:28:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

people read the intro to that, right? 

It’s time for endless top 10 lists.  So what makes my list special? The answer is that while other top 10 lists are merely the opinions of people, this list has been put together by teams of scientists working in laboratories for months on a new super computer to determine the definitive list of the 10 best games released in the decade based on their quality, design, and impact.

January 7, 2010 9:25:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1. Diablo II

2. Giants - Citizen Kabuto

3. Sacrifice

4. Ground Control 2

5. X³ Reunion

6.Freelancer

7. Etherlords

8. Anno 1503 - 1701

9. Demigod

10. Tropico

woot...

January 7, 2010 9:33:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Spore, seriously?

COD4 is the best game one in the cod series.  MW2 should definitely not be on there.

Diablo II, WC3 and SotC are all 3 excellent games and viable replacements for bejewelled, halo and some other game.

All 10 of Frog's choices are excellent games for their platform & genre, however i think the title should have been the 10 most prolific games of the last decade and not necessarily the best.

10.  Bwejewelled, addictive game, great for a few minutes of downtime, the wife loves it.

9.  COD4 arguably one of the best FPS games ever created and definitely the best in the COD series (although Treyarchs 5 was pretty damn good too especially zombies lol).  Anyways the balance was fantastic, the interface was clean, graphics are amazing, guns were well done as well.  MW2 fails for obvious reasons.

8.  The Orange Box, Portal?  TF2?  - enough said.

7.  Wii Sports, while not a greatest game of the decade for hard core gamers, no one can dispute it's paradigm shifting prowess.  My 95 year old grandmother played wii sports as does my 3 year old son. 

6.  KOTOR - great game

5.  Halo, well eFFF halo and any other FPS on a console.  Halo suxx, graphics were sub par, SD televisions didn't help.  The only great thing about the original xbox was XBMC, but a lot of kiddies went gaga over halo so while it is definitely not in the top 10 best games evar, it is one of the most prolific games in the last decade, sadly.

very sadly.

4.  The Sims - great to entertain the girlfriend/fiance/wife while you play.....

3.  Guitar Hero, awesome game, this, driving, sports, fighting, in-the-same-room multiplayer games are what consoles excel at.  Guitar here added a new dimension to the console arena.

2.  GTA 3

1.  WoW - my personal feelings are meh on this game.  I wore myself out on previous MMO's and WoW was just another mmo but this time with toony graphics, smaller party size etc.  There is a lot of depth to the game but playing for an hour or two means you accomplish nothing.  But I digress, no one can dispute that this is the king of all MMO's.

January 7, 2010 10:49:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This list needs more Battlefield. First one to successfully merge infantry and vehicle battles online. Something that many games have tried to copy since then. (CoD: UO anyone?). CoD is more of a pimped version of Medal of Honor, which real gamers got bored by 10 years ago. And Halo, that game is just mediocre.

But this list seems to be all about the money, in which case in kind of makes sense.

January 7, 2010 1:13:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

*lol* None of my favorite games of the last decade is in the list.

• Diablo 2
  • Titan Quest
  • Supreme Commander
  • Civlization III and IV
  • Warcraft 3
  • Rome Total War
January 8, 2010 1:26:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Dont know if these are best games of the decade but they they are either were a new standard to compare games to or established a whole new genre.

Every game game on that list has changed gaming in some way, not all of them were for the better though.

At least half those game are now inferiour to games that they inspired.

January 8, 2010 9:39:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Where is Demigod?

January 8, 2010 3:14:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Zechnophobe,

Quoting LORD-ORION,
reply 2
No DIablo II? Fail

No Spore? Fail

Spore?  One of the best? I think Metacritic would like to have word with you.  It has the worst ratio of professional reviews to user reviews of any game in history.  See for yourself

Spore is the greatest game in the history of mankind (except for maybe star control 2 and Master of Orion 2 and total Annihilation). It will spawn a creative class generation... just you wait and see what happens to kid's brains when they have this much control over stuff.

The beauty is, the people who "get it" don't write reviews. The people who don't "get it" are stupid neo-cons and will whine like little babies in a typical fit of self-assertion... which is good, we don't want their kind. Infact, if you don't like Spore, please put up a lawn sign or neon light in the window advertising this fact. We would like to know where you are so when THE PLAN comes to fruition, we can mark your genetic lineage for removal from the race.

January 8, 2010 3:24:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LORD-ORION,
Spore is the greatest game in the history of mankind (except for maybe star control 2 and Master of Orion 2 and total Annihilation). It will spawn a creative class generation... just you wait and see what happens to kid's brains when they have this much control over stuff.

The beauty is, the people who "get it" don't write reviews. The people who don't "get it" are stupid neo-cons and will whine like little babies in a typical fit of self-assertion... which is good, we don't want their kind. Infact, if you don't like Spore, please put up a lawn sign or neon light in the window advertising this fact. We would like to know where you are so when THE PLAN comes to fruition, we can mark your genetic lineage for removal from the race.

I really want this to be sarcasm. I am hoping, with every fiber of my being, that this is sarcasm.

January 8, 2010 4:51:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, at first it was just blubbery, then it went downright crazy so I assume satire.  Sadly, crazy and Satire aren't always differentiable.

January 11, 2010 6:38:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Where is Demigod?

January 13, 2010 9:34:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No Deus ex? Morrowind? Eternal darkness?

Sure is casual in here.

Also I laughed at spore. Good one.

January 14, 2010 10:19:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Here's a good list of MaximumPC's best games of the decade(They only listed 5 and it's the end of an article for best games of the year)

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/maximum_pc_2009_gaming_awards?page=0%2C4

And yes, Deus Ex is on that list along with Oblivion.

j

January 14, 2010 10:45:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I really do not approve of the list.

January 15, 2010 9:03:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LORD-ORION,
No DIablo II? Fail

No Spore? Fail

Spore? LOL. It's not a list of the greatest failures of the decade.

January 16, 2010 4:37:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Spore IS one of the biggest failures of the decades. Not even close to worth mentioning. Some games I agree with on his list, some I don't.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000343   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.