The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Mod] Favormod - Revision - V2.3.3

By on December 23, 2009 7:54:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Exxcentric

Join Date 07/2009
+47

Favormod offers over 60 new items (including 15 new summon-ables - Towers and Units), both achievement and standard shop items. All achievement( favor) items are each only 1 point to make it accessible to all. And all new units have been re-skinned. Several set items with unique effects have also been added. All items have their own unique icon and several new casting, buff and spell effects have been added.

Favormod also offers a wide range of abilities that are not available in vanilla Demigod. For more information pls watch the video at the bottom of this Post. 

For instructions on how to install mods see here:

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/369780

[Mod] Favormod - Revision - V2.3.3 - Yet More Bugfixes

http://www.mediafire.com/?zab21obvwkdj2ct

NOTE: it it highly RECOMMENDED that you use FAVORMOD with both Uberfix AND Enhanced AI -- these are all packaged in the auto installer below.

Or you can install Pacovs Community Mod Pack (includes this version of favormod) here - Self Installer:

RECOMMENDED DOWNLOAD - UPDATED daily, pls make sure version numbers match though.

http://www.box.net/shared/qf7lhj1zjl

Note:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT: This video does not accurately reflect the current version of favormod, it is missing most of the skins, new effects and spells as well as about 15 items.

WATCH in 720p

FavorMod 2.0D Video:

Locked Post 634 Replies +8
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 31, 2011 4:51:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Queen of Thorns + Blade of the Serpent:  I disagree with your assessment Exxcentric.  Queen with BotS not only has infinite mana and thus health through shields and mulching, but I think she takes better advantage of being able to use the new item sets since she barely needs 1 mana helm and doesn't need to stack hp like other demigods.  Generals who have infinite health through healing abilities/idols just weren't meant to have infinite mana IMO.  But please don't throw the baby out with the bathwater cause I think it would be fun for assassins to use Cloak of Night and generals to fool around with the rest of the assassin only items. 

Cardinal:  Pacov, promise me you'll play a general next time we play favormod so i can abuse this item against you!  You really think 25 extra minion damage and no monk healing is underpowered?

January 31, 2011 6:42:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol thunder: any demigod + BoTS = infinite mana, 

IMO it is just as OP on TB/UB/Rook as it is on QOT (broken item which GPG cast away to assassins to try to counter for monks, which is silly cause everyone shares monks anyway), lol but i have changed it back so you cant access it with her anymore.

ok trying to work out a way to non destructively stop Reg Maim from acting with vampire mits but i have had no success.

NOTE: i have tried to get the buff (vampire mits) to check for the instigator of maim and use a:

#Psuedocode#

if maim.instigator == vampire instigator

removebuff maim

-- clause, but there is no way to look up the instigator of a buff without specifically creating a new table within the buff on activation to store the instigator

I have checked the unit.buffs.bufftable[bufftype][buffname] table (Buff.lua, buffapply function) but as far as i can tell the only time that an instigator of a buff is stored is through the above method.

Any suggestions mithy?

FLAMETOWERS: can no longer target flags and now 5 are summonable

Thumper: armor proc chance increased to 10% (from 5%) and damage increased from 5*playerlevel +17 to 8*playerlevel + 17

Replicator: works as intended -- does apply 250 armor for 9 seconds updated main tooltip

Ice shard changed to 35 weapon damage

Orb increased damage from 100 + 19* playerlvl to 100 + 25 *playerlvl

QUESTION:

mist thing with eviction. Have you got it to occur again?

Teamplayer has been fixed: now uses buffs to control mana and regen gain

January 31, 2011 9:02:40 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

* Cardinal : This has already recieved what i consider to be a pretty HUGE buff - 25 minion damage

so - its really an item that ONLY erb/occ/qot would maybe want.  I'm not sure I'd pick it up even on a minion build, though.  Just sayin.  Maybe I'm wrong about the overall strength of it, but maybe not.  And sure thunder, I'll go QoT with Bots and you can have any general you want with cardinal

mist thing with eviction. Have you got it to occur again?

Only ever saw it happen once. Mayhaps we table this for now unless I can replicate in the future...

January 31, 2011 9:20:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

alright everyone

i have everything but vampire mits fixed (as far as i can tell) -- been one hell of a weekend/monday so if i missed something let me know.

Exx

January 31, 2011 9:21:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ah your awake!

uploading new version now pacov

January 31, 2011 9:45:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

so - its really an item that ONLY erb/occ/qot would maybe want.  I'm not sure I'd pick it up even on a minion build, though.  Just sayin.  Maybe I'm wrong about the overall strength of it, but maybe not.  And sure thunder, I'll go QoT with Bots and you can have any general you want with cardinal

how about 500 minion damage/number of minions (scales with level - this is the final amount at lvl 20 - full EB minion build would gain 27 damage each whereas shambler build would get 50 each -- calculations include summonable shop minions)  -- then it makes it an all purpose general item? This would also give a significant buff to shamblers and yetis

Edit: NOTE FOR SELF: fix claymore tooltip

January 31, 2011 10:25:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Exxcentric,

how about 300 minion damage/number of minions -- then it makes it an all purpose general item? This would also give a significant buff to shamblers and yetis

Edit: NOTE FOR SELF: fix claymore tooltip

Your thinking a bit rediculous now, 25 damage per minion is a rediculous buff already. The best minion item in the game before favor mod, Ring of Divine Might, only grants +15 attack and that is pretty damn good. Cardinal basically makes Ring of Devine Might useless. Trust me 25 damage is more then enough. I am going to try minions out now with that and make people MELT with minion oak.

January 31, 2011 10:38:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol, i was just trying to diversify the item a bit. at lvl 20 minions dont mean much anyway (due to giants and cats)

Scaling would be 75/minions --> 500/minions

This would be less pronounced that 25 attack damage at the beginining of the game and would bring some life to yetis/shamblers who would still suffer from reduced attack time (considering there is alot less of them).

But if your happy with the way it is then thats cool

January 31, 2011 10:42:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

k well off to bed. Let me know if there are any problems/still massive citadel destroying bugs! ROFL (i dunno how you did that pacov lol)

exx

January 31, 2011 1:21:39 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Good - get some rest!

Here's my main thought about cardinal.  I really don't like that its only useful for generals.  The minion buff ain't a bad thing, but, like I said, it becomes useful on 3 dgs period.  Now... wouldn't assassin dgs also benefit if they could shut down heals from monks, etc?  Sure - but they would never take this item.  Ever.  So, the ideal setup, imo would be to make this item attractive to both assassins and generals in specific situations.  Obviously, you couldn't leave the huge minion damage buff as is AND add another buff to it (as it would make it even more enticing to use for the 3 gen's in question.  Some sort of compromise would be good, though.  So a decent minion attack buff (10), + the no heal effect, + something else... not sure what, but the thought in my mind is "what would make me take this as an assassin."  Obviously, its useless in assassin only games, but if I'm up against 2 or 3 generals, it would be useful to have for the no heal effect.  So, I like it being something I'd only pick in certain situations - I just want it viable for more than 3 dgs. 

January 31, 2011 1:49:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Exxcentric,
lol thunder: any demigod + BoTS = infinite mana, 

Not true and out of context from what I said.  BotS DA and BotS Sedna have far from infinite mana even with a helm because of a lack of efficient AOE mana harvesting abilities to go along with BotS.  It probably wouldn't be a problem having infinite mana plus monk heals for most generals anyway but with Queen its another story.  She has 3 abilities that harvest mana but also hp from mulch plus minion healing plus shields.  Infinite mana plus infinite healing is whats overpowered... the infinite shields on top of that is just gravy.

Of course this is all just a moot point if you already reset the favor item divisions.  

January 31, 2011 2:49:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

2.2.9 Update

Errors/Bugs 

• Reflexes favor item says Passive: Evasion + 12 and then Evasion + 25%  Is one an aura or something?
  • Arcane Mastery says its x2 damage on its buff icon instead of the correct 1.5 damage under its tooltip. 
  • Gaurdian Platemail: The tooltip says there is a 15(%?) personal ability damage reduction as well as the 33% aura?  Whatever the 15 is I don't think its working but the aura does work... on friendly heals.
  • Gloves of the Deatheater don't give you 50% of your health back, it seems more like a 20% chance to get 20% back of ability damage.  I'll try again and see, cause maybe I had Gaurdian Platemail reducing my healing. Edit:  Gloves of the Deatheater seem to work fine without Gaurdian Platemail screwing them up.

Booo! 

• Not letting me play Blinky Beast by removing Cloak of Night from assassins.

Yay! 

• Gloves of the Deatheater:  Really cool, original item!  I like it a lot but it might be obscenely overpowered with UB, but then again, UB is obscenely overpowered without it so what are yah gonna do?

Suggestions 

• Make Cloak of Night a favor item for everyone along with any other assassin/general only favor items.  BotS was the only item that I personally thought was abusable and it seems a shame to cut out the novelty of being able to use items with demigods that we never could before just because of one overpowered combo.

Edit: 1/31 Gaurdian Platemail and Deatheater Gloves glitches

January 31, 2011 4:23:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

???Sedna + BotS == infinite mana???

January 31, 2011 6:05:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My combined installer has been updated to include this version. 

January 31, 2011 9:20:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok i thought i would get this:

Errors/Bugs 

• Reflexes favor item says Passive: Evasion + 12 and then Evasion + 25%  Is one an aura or something?
  • Arcane Mastery says its x2 damage on its buff icon instead of the correct 1.5 damage under its tooltip. 
  • Gaurdian Platemail: The tooltip says there is a 15(%?) personal ability damage reduction as well as the 33% aura?  Whatever the 15 is I don't think its working but the aura does work... on friendly heals.
  • Gloves of the Deatheater don't give you 50% of your health back, it seems more like a 20% chance to get 20% back of ability damage.  I'll try again and see, cause maybe I had Gaurdian Platemail reducing my healing. Edit:  Gloves of the Deatheater seem to work fine without Gaurdian Platemail screwing them up.

Due to mithy and my changes to the code of late all buff effects can have an add and mult effect applied (think mana regen)

Before Evasion could only have an add: where 0 was no evasion and 100 was full evasion. 

the % is a multiplyer on these items :

ie if you have 10 evasion and +15% evasion you get 10+ (10*0.15) =11.5 evasion.

This works the same way for magic resistance 

Arcane mastery tooltip is hardcoded so i will have to fix that. It is actually 1.5

Just checked code Gloves of the death eater is definiately 20% for 50% heal. I will be fixing this so it no longer procs on thing that damage yourself (ie ooze).

January 31, 2011 9:50:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok, thanks, I think that makes sense.  Since the Nightmares give an aura of 7% evasion, they don't do anything for Demigods without any evasion but if there is a demigod with 10 evasion it would be 10.7?

I'm not sure I'll be able to find a use for Gaurdian Platemail, even once it gets changed to stop protecting me from getting healed.  Unless it synchronizes with straight up damage reduction abilities like Bulwark, Acclimation, the Assassin Set etc I don't think its useful at all, especially since its the only item with a "Magic Resistance" affect that I can see.  So, unless theres a Guardian Set on its way, any teammate of mine who has Magic Resistance, has the Guardian Platemail as well... so our auras really don't help each other out.

January 31, 2011 10:03:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Umm no so all previous items that use dodge will put a % next to the effect. I am looking at changing it so the % on this item is renamed 

Evasion 10%

Evasion Multiplyer: 0.333 

etc 

would that be more clear?

For guardian platemail: 

This is a concept item and uses a Completely New system of interfering/ reducing damage. Atm there are no other items which use this ability and so the aura is kinda useless. In coming versions i am looking at building upon this idea (if there is want for it) and making it more avalable (maybe make it 25% more expensive than armor). Standalone this item is not great. But hopefully in future versions where this aura can take affect it would be more useful?

Note Magic resistance will stack with bulk and acclimation etc.

basically this reduces the ability data.amount figure on dealing damage and is independent of straight damage reduction abilities like those described above

Hope that clears some things up. Also if you dont like the above proposed change to explain the multiplyer, feel free to give me an example of what you would like (I HATE TOOLTIP's lol) and i would be more than willing to replace what i have got with a more clear and understandable explination.

Exx

January 31, 2011 10:08:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Test Results:

• Confirmed that uberfix is no longer required for favormod to function as expected
  • Confirmed proper tooltip for flame tower (reflects 5 total towers) and that you can only have 5 max.
  • Hedgies arsenal's description is improved - not sure what I'd change to make it better, but at least its more in english now
  • I'm not sure if you made any changes to flag mine or not.  I'm looking for clarification in the tooltip as to how it works (see my quote copied below for an explanation).
  • Either no change was made to the helm of fortune or the tooltip has not been updated (the request is to reduce the gold per second to +3; keep everything else the same).
  • Merlins Magic Missle visual effect has been fixed.  It still requires a nerf, though.  See quote below for the specifics.

Flag mines... I am so confused about these.  So, I can use them to mine an allied or enemy flag... just not neutral (this is true - not sure if its intended).  Also, the effect seems to wear off is the flag changes hands... or after X amount of time.  No idea what X amount of time is, or if that's intended.  Anyway, clarification in the tooltip would be great.  I person think its an item that costs 450 with a unique purpose.  Maybe it shouldn't expire... or if it does, give it a long time frame (1 or 2 min before it fades away).

Cow and I disagree about merlin's magic missle - he believes the damage needs to be nerf'd - I believe the item needs some sort of passive buff to increase its viability. He might be right, though. I mostly just get it for the attack range bonus... after playing a bit more with this, I agree with cow - the damage needs nerfed a bit, but it also needs a passive buff imo. heh... i just did the math... 3 magic missles doing 30x hero level (so if I'm level 10, each missle does 300 dmg)... a total of 3 missles = 900 damage. And it also does an additional 150 per missle... so 900+450=1350... follow that with a snipe and you have over 2k damage. NERF BAT. How about 3 missiles doing 20x hero level?

Saw you added a hard cap to the amount of eviction spells that can be carried to exactly 1 - that should help.  Also saw that you can only evict once every 2 min... will have to test... tested.  Not sure what I think about this.  It finishes the cast and you are charged the eviction spell even though the dg is not evicted.  Plus there is no obvious sign as to whether or not the you can evict them or not.  I think that their either should be a clear way to know that someone has been evicted and the timer is not up (constant visual effect) or that you would not be able to cast eviction on a dg that is under the 2 min protection rule.

Why is there a big price jump between duelist treads and duelist pendant when they do the same thing? Maybe add something to one of them so there is variety or something to justify the price bump.

January 31, 2011 10:20:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok i will add a small visual cue that lasts for the anti eviction timer and i will see if i can get it to not allow you to cast it on a demigod cooldown with cooldown on.

Cost Difference between treads and pendant:

Treads have movement speed: equivalent movement speed item is 1000 (boots)

Pendent has weapon crit: equivalent weapon crit item is 3200 (slayer wraps)

Therefore to prevent these items becoming defunct i have based the prices of the new items to be similar so that both equivalents and new are a viable option and maintains the original balance of the cost vs effect of these buffs.

Also this makes it more difficult to stack ability critical damage.

If you think that i should add a buff, any ideas? remember these are part of a set so you will be making all 3 items more powerful by buffing pendant.

Exx

January 31, 2011 10:24:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you think that i should add a buff, any ideas? remember these are part of a set so you will be making all 3 items more powerful by buffing pendant.

A simple solution would be to reduce the usefulness of the duelist treads.  If you feel like the set is reasonably balanced, then just reduce some of the bonus for duelists treads and stack it onto the pendant.  I'm not truly looking for a buff, but if it costs more, it should do more imo. 

Going to keep updating my post above with comments as I test some more tonight.

February 1, 2011 1:35:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No more testing - sleep time.  I'm working remotely tomorrow, so if you magically have another quick release (WINK WINK HOW ABOUT A QUICK RELEASE WINK WINK), I can repackage it and upload pretty quickly.

Fun stats - since I changed over to the new inno script 8 days ago, we've had 2 revisions to favormod and 121 downloads. 

February 1, 2011 10:16:47 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Treads have movement speed: equivalent movement speed item is 1000 (boots)

Pendent has weapon crit: equivalent weapon crit item is 3200 (slayer wraps)

Does the tooltip indicate this?

February 1, 2011 8:03:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ok i am not sure how much time i will have to spend on this today but if i can what would you like fixed:

Merlins magic missles has been altered

increased cooldown to 37 (was 25)

reduced damage to 250 per missile

number of missiles = 1+ herolvl /4

Reduced helm of fortune to 3+1 gold (as requested)

Flagmines needs a whole rewrite atm to make them more functional and this could take a while.

Been working on a precast check for eviction. I will let you know how it goes

Prbly have a new version some time late tonight (it is only 10 am here). Anyway got some work needs doing on my car so i wont be on for 5-8 hours.

Exx

February 1, 2011 10:42:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Work on whatever you can whenever it fits in your schedule.  Try not to get too burnt out!  I really enjoy a lot of your new additions and the new effects are great.  Publish an update whenever you like and I'll get some testing going for you.

February 2, 2011 12:20:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

kk np pacov, lots of the bugs i have left in the current version require alot of thinking and recoding/working through (ie they are very not simple lol).

I will try to get what i can done over the next couple of days but at the latest i will will have a new version out some time early friday here (this is thursday night your time) so that everyone can have a bugfixed version ready for the weekend (and hopefully FavorMod Friday!!!!)

cheers 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000188   Page Render Time: