The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[MOD] OAK

By on December 13, 2009 5:14:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hes quite fine as it it but i thought his third shield is pretty rape at that time in the game.

--MASTER THREAD CLICK HERE--

-----------------------------------------------------
# Oak
-----------------------------------------------------

Version 1.21

Bug Fixes
- Level 3 shield tooltip description is fixed
- Level 3 shield now heals as intended

Penitence I,II
- reduced mana cost to 400/500 from 450/550
>> these 2 levels of penitence arent the greatest for how
much mana they cost, so i slightly dropped the cost.

version 1.2

Shield III
- re-applied stun immunity
- reduced shield duration to 4 seconds

Rally
- added passive +400 armor
- added passive +10% attack speed

Shield III
- not immune to debuffs at this level (this includes stuns).

Death Effect
- effect radius increased to 20 from 10.

+32 Karma | 64 Replies
December 16, 2009 8:19:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Esuzu,

Quoting HorseStrangler, reply 39
Quoting gkrit, reply 38Im sry obs and esezu if ur completely biased and think that he should be completely invincible from lvl 7.I'm sorry that you're unable to ever kill an oak after it reaches level 7, but I don't have that problem and in fact I think it's completely fictitious.
As Obs says: It's not impossible to kill Oak after lvl 7. It just gets a bit harder. If he is ganked and stunned he mostly don't have time to use shield etc.

lol ... theres plenty of time to use shield. Pro players make it quite impossible to get a kill against them. Even without stun immunity theyd be able to avoid death. Not saying im pro but im able to do just this with only 2nd lvl of shield.

December 16, 2009 9:40:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Esuzu that bullshit.  

The only way to die without casting shield is getting chain locked by 3 UB's and even then you probably could escape. Shield II makes you practically immune to death. Bat does this too, but even with bat you can't go rampaging in the other teams base get a kill and port out or do stupid "suicide"actions and port out. Erebus is OP we know and I'm a proponent of a massive nerf to him probably lowering his bat range or making his CD higher. Erebus still can be ganked however, and with enough speed or warps of your own you can kill him. In contrast oak even if ganked by 4 people can pop his shield and port out, sorta like a single button escape; it doesn't take any skill and it is extremely bad for gameplay: if we got finally got oak ganked and low on hp its really iritating to have him pop his shield and dissapear.

Please reduce CD on shield and maybe swap the bonusses of Level III and level IV shield. That way it will be used as an escape move or save move for allies instead of way to escape suicide until level 10.

P.S. Gkrit did you add stun immunity to grasp? It's quite bull to give the best DPS char in the game also the best stun in the game.

December 16, 2009 9:50:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

umm .. i have to check whether it alrdy had s stun immunity. ill get bak to you on that.

lifekatana ... finally someone who sees a problem with the current stun immunity with lvl 3 shield!

December 16, 2009 11:58:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You even supported my changes on UB coz they were a buff/tweak
Reread that thread. I expressed disagreement with every single post I made. I explicitly did not like BW buffs.

December 16, 2009 1:36:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting HorseStrangler,
I don't mean to be rude, but quite frankly I just won't play the mod. I think it's a fun mechanic. I enjoy using it and I enjoy watching opponents try to use it, and I just don't see the purpose of forcing Oak to wait until level 10 without just going all the way and removing it completely (which I wouldn't support at all of course).

The game is already very, very well balanced and this particular change is just taking a shot at one of the most fun tricks with no apparent objective besides making Oak worse. As I said, it doesn't help any of the weaker DGs and it further empowers some of the stronger ones.

The change seems especially tedious with UB's ability to stick to oak indefinitely after this. Again, I respect what you're doing, but this isn't the mod for me and I'll rail against it being implemented into the official game.

Quite frankly Cataract isn't the only map, no matter how much people play it. If they're sick of losing portals they should either learn to guard their lane, protect their side towers, or *gasp* play Levi or Zik 3v3 sometimes.

People are exacerbating minor issues by refusing to play different maps.

I had my own post all written up, and then the forums went Boom when I posted.... rather then re-write everything I wrote I am going to piggy back off of the HorseStrangler, since his views are right in line with mine.

December 16, 2009 3:18:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lifekatana ... finally someone who sees a problem with the current stun immunity with lvl 3 shield!

He also suports nurfs to other demigods as well. So we dont have the possiblity of going from 3 to 2 top compeditive demigods.

Only the most powerful parts of UB, LE have been nurfed to still being as powerful as the rest are as good as ever or better in UBs case.

Oak has now go to compete with a +50 percent AA 1 pooint abiltiy from UB (no point in getting more as i think it gets cancled on the next pennitance). Oak now has about 4 levels where he can win 1vs1 vs every other demigod, considering a lot of demigods are more effective early game. Maybe the nurf to acclmation will allow him to come back late game but i would not think so.

I know i rearlly charge portals before level 10 anyway due to the fact that that i can be blocked by one enermy demigod because oak is not that strong yet at level 7. At level 7 it is used for resonable stuff like competing with UB and helping people esacpe which is would be poor at when you can be stunned, snared and spat on while retreating.

The most important thing is the ballance mode still has not changed any demigod matchups except maybe ice TB might win in a few more more cases and oak might have to run from a few more. Why would any one want to install and find games for a mod that not increase fun, veritierty and has bearly noticeable changes overall (especally when few people agree with them)?

December 16, 2009 7:56:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

nzac... your purely for major changes which is what i wanted to avoid (and many others also). Many other ppl agree with the changes and added effects ive applied because it doesnt alter the game too much. They are merely buffs to assist the demigod, not to make them outright powerful under every circumstance and completely different to what they are now.

in a game like this u need a type of every class.

- support

- tank

- offensive/dps

You cant have every demigod take up all of those aspects.

Demigods should fit hand in hand in a sense, and not be something that can take on everything by himself. Shield promotes this however from level 7 because the person knows this will save him every time he gets into a heated situation. I know youve been against my mod from the very start anyway nzac, but these arethe changes i feel are needed to make the game more fair across all demigods.

December 16, 2009 8:10:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

btw in the next version of this mod ive applied the heal benefit to the 3rd shield.

December 16, 2009 10:21:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you still are immun to stuns with shield IV I dont mind the change.
Divine Justice should be 5/10/15 instead of 10/15/20... This make people take it at level 2 and then at level 11 again, because 10% is already half the deal.

December 16, 2009 10:56:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

in a game like this u need a type of every class.

- support

- tank

- offensive/dps

You cant have every demigod take up all of those aspects.

thats what i wanted to do (thats pretty much the premise of my intire balance mod (i failed to achive this with 2 rounds of changes but thats what decribed for the mod in the OP). The object was to make every demigod good at a couple of roles (the roles listed above are pretty general and can be partitioned further) and weak at others.

erebus/oak (for the relevent aspects needed for winning a game (every demigod can stall to level 7)) currently do all 3 better than every other demigod (except UB who does offensive/dps much better) and they are still much better at doing than other demigods after the ballance mod (except for maybe sedna, and if yetis were buffed into usefulness she now does all 3 as well).

While people have to be happy with the changes. The changes also have to noticeable improvement the blanace as well, which once in game, few of these changes will be. None of the these changes (except possibly shield) will change who wins demigod matchups (at least for 1vs1 and 2vs2, TB changes might effect 3vs3s).

December 17, 2009 4:43:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gkrit,
nzac... your purely for major changes which is what i wanted to avoid (and many others also). Many other ppl agree with the changes and added effects ive applied because it doesnt alter the game too much. They are merely buffs to assist the demigod, not to make them outright powerful under every circumstance and completely different to what they are now.

Changing shield is a major change, will change how very many (not going to say most since I still see many people without shield online... Somehow ) players play Oak today. CHanging it so you can't have it untill lvl10 is a bit much to be honest.

Though I might agree that lvl 3 shield might be a bit too powerful as it is but I don't think it is the debuff that should be changed in it. Think of instead reducing the active time, instead of Oak being able to lock and tp out/in maybe he should only be able to tp in/out while still having the shield active.

January 6, 2010 6:08:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@gkrit

Can you please post what are the effects of shield now ? I am using your mod and I am confused about the differences between shield III, IV, and Purity.

Also there seems to be a problem with the tooltip of shield III if I remember well, could you look at that as well.

January 10, 2010 6:18:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol. See how all these Oak players cry and whine. And Shield OAk isn't even the best build out there... it's actually pretty subpar.

January 11, 2010 7:24:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Izuz,
@gkrit

Can you please post what are the effects of shield now ? I am using your mod and I am confused about the differences between shield III, IV, and Purity.

Also there seems to be a problem with the tooltip of shield III if I remember well, could you look at that as well.

yeh i put all the changes in the last version on the master thread. Ill have to look into the others to see what you mean. Are you able to give me any specifics about the tooltip?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.